Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Rules:

You can deposit cash fee-free into your ONE account at any Walmart cashier, Customer Service desk, or Money Center location in the United States.
If you don’t have your physical card, you can deposit cash using your ONE app-generated barcode at any Money Center or Customer Service Desk at Walmart.

Amount limits:
1. $1 minimum load

2. $990 maximum load per transaction
3. $3,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours
Print Wikipost

ONE Card Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

I encountered a cashier at customer service refused to help and said he felt it is structuring (money laundering) if I load one card with more than one cards (split payments). How to educate him?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:04 pm
Idk

Originally Posted by ghtjyjy
I encountered a cashier at customer service refused to help and said he felt it is structuring (money laundering) if I load one card with more than one cards (split payments). How to educate him?
You don’t. You avoid loading when he’s working. That’s how it goes.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
if ya want to pay a card fee
I applied online to avoid the fee, same as discover serve bb
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
After applying online, do they ship one to you or do you have to purchase it?
They'll ship it to you same as discover serve bb
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:15 pm

3000/day vs Discover 1000/day
Can OneCard be unloaded via bill payment or transfers to checking (i.e. same methods as BB, Discover, etc)?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Can OneCard be unloaded via bill payment or transfers to checking (i.e. same methods as BB, Discover, etc)?
Transfer to checking account. Couldn't find any option for billpay
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jumbotron_
Wish they supported Zelle. But upon doing further digging this One Card isn't going to last long. They crack down hard on gebit loads.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:38 pm

Wish they supported Zelle. But upon doing further digging this One Card isn't going to last long. They crack down hard on gebit loads.
Where have you seen the crackdowns?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jumbotron_
I read the terms and I think you can do bill pay by mail a check.
https://support.one.app/hc/en-us/sec...-and-transfers
https://support.one.app/hc/en-us/art...make-a-payment
Old Aug 21, 2023, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Where did you see it?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:49 am
soy

Programs: various
You cannot educate people about split payments. You should avoid him. Also do not do split payments if being served by a different CSR while he is around. He will educate the other CSR's about his thoughts on 'structuring' and from there likely decide single swipes are not allowed either.
farwest101 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 11:56 am
Original Poster

This just made me thinking: Will Discover see this as structuring? Loading with vgc at Walmart is indeed called cash load. So it is similar as you depositing cash to your checking account regularly. Will this cause account shut down by Discover?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:33 pm

Today I went to load 2 discover card each for a daily limit of 1K. There was new CSR, for the 1st card she asked her senior hey am I allowed to load 1K? the senior said yes. Then I said I have another account, the new CSR again went to ask her senior, I heard the senior say to her. would anyone load 1K to my account? I kind of laughed at that and I told the new CSR, the senior rep had a point. If I was withdrawing money she could be concerned, when loading money, I dont see a scam problem. it all depends on the CSRs you run into. some are strange
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:37 pm

Today i went to walmart to load money and see if anyone would ask me for the 500 from the last week which I got as an bonus. NO one said, anything, I didnt open the pandora box, I was prepared to pay them 500, if the CSR asked about it saying hey we had a deficit of $500 from the accidental cash button press last week. I was expecting them saying we dont do loads anymore of that kind of amount.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
if ya want to pay a card fee
what do you mean? fee for loading one card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.