Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Rules:

You can deposit cash fee-free into your ONE account at any Walmart cashier, Customer Service desk, or Money Center location in the United States.
If you don’t have your physical card, you can deposit cash using your ONE app-generated barcode at any Money Center or Customer Service Desk at Walmart.

Amount limits:
1. $1 minimum load

2. $990 maximum load per transaction
3. $3,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours
Print Wikipost

ONE Card Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by crazypaving
what do you mean? fee for loading one card?
no, fee for buying the one card at Walmart
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

what do you mean? fee for loading one card?
He was referring to buying the temporary card sold in Walmart store. You do no need to buy that first. Just apply online for free.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by ghtjyjy
He was referring to buying the temporary card sold in Walmart store. You do no need to buy that first. Just apply online for free.
gotcha. where can I find application link?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

gotcha. where can I find application link?
https://www.one.app/
Download the One app. You can sign up in the app and a card will be shipped to you.
farwest101 and halluc1nati0n like this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:26 pm

I think we should stay on topic that is related to Discover load. Maybe someone start another thread for the "one card".
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by berombeu
I think we should stay on topic that is related to Discover load. Maybe someone start another thread for the "one card".
I'll go ahead
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
ONE Card Masterthread

All discussion for ONE Card
Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:00 am
soy

Programs: various
duplicate
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:02 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Gitangali
Today i went to walmart to load money and see if anyone would ask me for the 500 from the last week which I got as an bonus. NO one said, anything, I didnt open the pandora box, I was prepared to pay them 500, if the CSR asked about it saying hey we had a deficit of $500 from the accidental cash button press last week. I was expecting them saying we dont do loads anymore of that kind of amount.
Chances are they do not recall the transaction or that you were involved.
Basically the register was down $500 cash at the end of shift. It may take a couple of days to shake out as there are multiple parties (CSR, WM Management, Discover, etc) but in the end there is a reasonable chance that the CSR involved may soon be looking for a new job.

Not sorting this out is bad form, and long term bad for the business of MS.

Its not too late to make this right, just go to desk, tell them you just noticed that the $500 was not debited from your account. They will not even ask what card you used
cruisr, radonc1, nwflyboy and 3 others like this.

Last edited by soy; Aug 23, 2023 at 8:36 am
Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Today i went to walmart to load money and see if anyone would ask me for the 500 from the last week which I got as an bonus. NO one said, anything, I didnt open the pandora box, I was prepared to pay them 500, if the CSR asked about it saying hey we had a deficit of $500 from the accidental cash button press last week. I was expecting them saying we dont do loads anymore of that kind of amount.
So first you stole $500 from the person who was logged in at the desk, and then you were relieved that nobody noticed?
cruisr, MaxVO, farwest101 and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by soy
Chances are they do not recall the transaction or that you were involved.
Basically the register was down $500 cash at the end of shift. It may take a couple of days to shake out as there are multiple parties (CSR, WM Management, Discover, etc) but in the end there is a reasonable chance that the CSR involved may soon be looking for a new job.

Not sorting this out is bad form, and long term bad for the business of MS.
In actuality, Discover is going to be short $500 and specifically to Gitangali 's account, so Discover is going to request from WM $500 to cover the credit to his account. WM is not going to have that money since they are $500 short, and will decline Discover's request which will then force Discover to reverse the deposit to his account.
Meanwhile, WM will be searching for the event on their cameras looking for people involved since this will be considered a theft.
And yes, the employee will be looking for a new job.

And all for $500. Worth it??
cruisr, nwflyboy, MaxVO and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 1:51 pm

It only takes few bad apples to ruin everything. Since MS involves many spilt payment, I come across dozens of time where the cashier hit the wrong key and put in cash instead. I ALWAYS point it out to them, and restart the transaction. Thats how you keep this hustle going, and not burn a store. If not that, it’s just bad karma and you ruining someone’s livelihood over your little hustle is something I couldn’t live with. Do better.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:38 pm

When this happens to me, I offer them an immediate solution. I complete the transaction, then I purchase a money order with the remaining card and I give it to them. In the end, their drawer balances. I even eat the extra $1 fee. Reps and coaches appreciate that you’re making sure they don’t get stuck.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Saturn
So first you stole $500 from the person who was logged in at the desk, and then you were relieved that nobody noticed?
That is such a stupid conjecture which doesnt deserve any further replies from me. lol
Another day, loaded 2K again, CSR ddidnt say anything. Looks like their books balanced may be they received 500 extra from some MSer, so I will keep it and return if I feel like it depending upon the circumstances.

Last edited by Gitangali; Aug 23, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
It only takes few bad apples to ruin everything. Since MS involves many spilt payment, I come across dozens of time where the cashier hit the wrong key and put in cash instead. I ALWAYS point it out to them, and restart the transaction. Thats how you keep this hustle going, and not burn a store. If not that, it’s just bad karma and you ruining someone’s livelihood over your little hustle is something I couldn’t live with. Do better.
Nobody knows what is going to ruin MS or not. Even if it does so what? better unethetical thing stops today than tommorow. it is going to come to end at somepoint as over time it has dwindled for reasons unknown to us.

One time I received an extra $2K, walmart pointed it out to me and I checked and it was indeed extra 2K in my account, I returned the amount without anyone saying anything to me. The same walmart is giving me hard time in buying gift cards. I reminded the manager of this perticular event, they dont even remember it so please keep preaching to minimum. I know what I am doing.

Then one time I received tamped card worth 2K, walmart didnt want to do anything with this. Had to fight tooth and nail with attorney Generals office to get a refund.

Last edited by Gitangali; Aug 23, 2023 at 5:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.