Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by boston4th
I have had similar problems with Dell and they were even cancelling personal orders.I was able to get an order for myself to go through by calling and placing the order over the phone.
==========================
I see. I am not alone then. You may get a personal order to go through by calling them. Byt how can we get the buying-group-orders to go through?
Old May 26, 2021, 8:26 am

I'm having the same issue with Dell. I had two successful orders processed and shipped on 5/12 and 5/20. Have since tried to purchase 3 more items, one on 5/20, one on 5/25, and one just now 5/26, and all three were canceled
Old May 27, 2021, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by bta15
If it gets close to the expiration date on the Biz plat $100 offer if I was you I'd just buy the microsoft GC and then try to get an xbox off there.
Tried to order a dell laptop to TDB this morning and it was cancelled within 5 minutes. FML I don't know why I keep trying.
Apparently Dell doesn't want to sell their stuff lmao.
Microsoft GC is the last resort plan, yeah. I already got the Series X, so I'll just buy some games I guess..
Old May 27, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Yeah, if Dell won't sell maybe it's time for the buying group leaders to look for other options?
Old May 28, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Interesting that you are having so many issues with Dell. Dell and Amazon are the only merchants that work for me...
Old May 28, 2021, 1:38 pm

just got off the phone trying to verify some order information so that it would go through.
They asked what address I was shipping to and I gave the BFMR warehouse address.
The agent then said that is a blocked address as they are a reseller who "stalks" the dell website and then "illegally resells on the black market"

lol
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:45 am

To add to the DPs here, Dell has been a rollercoaster for me. When I first started buying from them several months ago, my orders were totally hit or miss - roughly half would go through, half would get cancelled without any discernible pattern. Then about a couple months ago, for no apparent reason all of my orders started going through, and they went through no matter who I sent to (I sent to a variety of groups, but mostly MYS and BFMR). Over the weekend, I did my first Dell orders for The Deal Buyer. The first order went through no problem, but the next three all were cancelled. I tried changing the shipping address slightly as TDB had suggested, but to no avail. Now I'm interested to see what the extent of my cancellations will be going forward. Will I start getting all of my orders cancelled or only those I try to send to TDB? If the former, that would be a big bummer as I seemed to have the magical formula there for a while.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:32 pm

Out of curiosity, has anybody had a credit card shutdown associated with BG purchases? Since they are not GCs, would you get any pushback from the credit card company even if you were to cycle a card, especially if it's a business card? "Reselling" is a legitimate business after all. I would sleep better at night spending my entire credit line on merchandise, than I would be purchasing GCs

Last edited by CerealCardSpender; Jun 1, 2021 at 10:07 pm
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
Out of curiosity, has anybody had a credit card shutdown associated with BG purchases? Since they are not GCs, would you get any pushback from the credit card company even if you were to cycle a card, especially if it's a business card? "Reselling" is a legitimate business after all. I would sleep better at night spending my entire credit line on merchandise, than I would be purchasing GCs
I suspect that if you are buying merchandise on your business card and the bank called you in regards to those charges, you would simply say that the merchandise is being used for your business. Unless you are not paying the charges off, or you are grossly exceeding your line of credit, I cannot imagine why the bank would care about the type of merchandise you are buying for your business.

Unless you are in a line of work that was illegal or your relationship with the bank tenuous, I could not foresee a reason why they would shut you down. In fact, if your history of business charges was big enough, they may offer you a line of credit outside of a credit card.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
Sleep better at night? Maybe if

1. No damaged products to return
2. No lost items
3. The Buyers group doesn’t deny receiving a product that shows delivered and signed for
4. The deal doesn’t close unexpectedly and you don’t have to deal with return labels.
5. No missing or wrong items sent

I still wouldn’t cycle my CL or I’d be selective about which banks I do it with.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:46 am

Does anyone know which of these buying clubs will allow you to ship to yourself first?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:51 am

All of them. They don't care where it's coming from, as long as the item is new and UPC matches. You gotta pay for shipping cost yourself though mostly.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by RoyalGreen
All of them. They don't care where it's coming from, as long as the item is new and UPC matches. You gotta pay for shipping cost yourself though mostly.
also tax is a killer unless you live in one of the tax free states. I border NH so for the right deal I can do an in store pickup in NH and ship to a BFMR address and still come out ahead.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by dr0832
Does anyone know which of these buying clubs will allow you to ship to yourself first?
PM is the best about providing shipping labels. They won't do it on all deals but they do on most.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Insder
also tax is a killer unless you live in one of the tax free states. I border NH so for the right deal I can do an in store pickup in NH and ship to a BFMR address and still come out ahead.
It's pretty easy to just register as a sales tax licensed business with your respective state and get a sales tax exemption certificate. You don't pay sales tax on items that are intended for resale. This technically is just a resale business that ships all of its merchandise to a customer in a state that does not impose a sales tax, thus there is no tax liability. Look into your local sales tax laws before proceeding though, they vary by state.

Last edited by Droff; Jun 5, 2021 at 7:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.