Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 20, 20, 11:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
$1000 gift cards to be available indefinitely. Notified by Simon Mall spokesperson on Dec 26 2019. ($1k cards are temporarily not available anymore at many Simon malls as of March 2020)
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 26, 19, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
Just left my go to Simon and the CSR confirmed that the 1k VGC promo for consumers will end on 12/31. If you have a corporate account you can still purchase the 1k VGCs.
Well that sucks
Old Dec 26, 19, 10:40 am

Hopefully after a month or two they realize what they did and bring it back.
Old Dec 26, 19, 12:14 pm

I am hearing the exact opposite. Just received this email:

Good Afternoon!

Great news - We will extend the $1000 Loyalty Cards for the foreseeable future. The bloggers will be informed today as well.

Happy New Year and thank you for your business!

Won't specify name or location but the her title is Director of Marketing and Business Development.

Could it be location specific?
craz and FrankMS like this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
Originally Posted by amtamimi View Post

Good Afternoon!

Great news - We will extend the $1000 Loyalty Cards for the foreseeable future. The bloggers will be informed today as well.

Won't specify name or location but the her title is Director of Marketing and Business Development.

I got the same note from one of my contacts as well.
Old Dec 26, 19, 12:36 pm

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...mon-next-week/
Old Dec 26, 19, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Well, I guess the front line CSRs are not kept in the loop. I just read the Frequent Miler blog and i now believe him more than the mall employee. Good news.
Old Dec 26, 19, 1:20 pm

During precious $1k extensions employees havenít been notified until the day or two before program expiration. Any employees saying itís expiring is simply passing along information they know until Simon sends location managers info on the extension and it trickles down. At least the apocalypse has come and gone once again.
cruisr and Prometheus77 like this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amtamimi View Post

Good Afternoon!

thx for posting this , Im not listed with them so I dont get any emails. It now allows me to set things up and not having to rush out and prepay my CC for another load, now I can set my CC payment for after the Closing date
cruisr and amtamimi like this.
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:12 pm

Went to the local Simon Mall in Tyler (Broadway Square) and they didn't have the 1000 VGC. Is that weird or are they possibly keeping it from me? I asked and she said they don't have any and that they only have the 500 ones.
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by chuakc92 View Post
Went to the local Simon Mall in Tyler (Broadway Square) and they didn't have the 1000 VGC. Is that weird or are they possibly keeping it from me? I asked and she said they don't have any and that they only have the 500 ones.
I believe the only ones they can load with $1000 are the ones kept behind the counter (not the ones hanging on the rack). If they run out they need to replenish those, but they have to have someone bring them up from the office, or close the kiosk and go down and get them. One of those may not have been possible during this time I'm guessing.
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chuakc92 View Post
you learnt the hard way why its a good idea to call 1st and make sure they have them. I do 1 further I tell them how many I want so that they put them aside least by the time I get there they ran out. But the later they will do once they get to know you. I know of a Mall that will sell just 1
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
you learnt the hard way why its a good idea to call 1st and make sure they have them. I do 1 further I tell them how many I want so that they put them aside least by the time I get there they ran out. But the later they will do once they get to know you. I know of a Mall that will sell just 1
Just out of curiosity, how many do people usually buy in one trip? I typically get 3, but a person in front of me the other day got 20-25
Old Dec 26, 19, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake View Post
I believe the only ones they can load with $1000 are the ones kept behind the counter (not the ones hanging on the rack). If they run out they need to replenish those, but they have to have someone bring them up from the office, or close the kiosk and go down and get them. One of those may not have been possible during this time I'm guessing.
Originally Posted by craz View Post
I see. I knew that they wren't just going to be hanging on the rack, but I thought they would at least let me know if they ran out of stock. I would've been fine with that. I'll try calling the next time I think about stopping by. Otherwise, they might be the one store that doesn't carry any I guess. Which would be a shame. The CSR didn't indicate that they carry any at all.
Old Dec 26, 19, 9:48 pm
Etp

So what is the merchant category/code of Simon Mall on Visa, Master, and Amex cards?
Old Dec 26, 19, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by History05 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many do people usually buy in one trip? I typically get 3, but a person in front of me the other day got 20-25
I usually get 10-15 at a time, splitting between 2 cards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: