Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:51 pm

Or, if you don't mind waiting for awhile, maybe that Discover card at 3%. Each 25k gets you 625 bucks. $250 at the end of the month and $375 at the end of the year. Certainly beats a day job. Add a zero or two for your own scalability.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen
Or, if you don't mind waiting for awhile, maybe that Discover card at 3%. Each 25k gets you 625 bucks. $250 at the end of the month and $375 at the end of the year. Certainly beats a day job. Add a zero or two for your own scalability.
I personally have a problem with that "end of the year" condition. I would definitely hate being in a situation where I put a lot of work into being rewarded after months of waiting and then receive a "so sorry, but you violated our T&C" note. I'll keep that option when my other less lucrative but more immediate options are exhausted. To each his own though of course
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
I personally have a problem with that "end of the year" condition. I would definitely hate being in a situation where I put a lot of work into being rewarded after months of waiting and then receive a "so sorry, but you violated our T&C" note. I'll keep that option when my other less lucrative but more immediate options are exhausted. To each his own though of course
I struggled with it - but given the Apple Pay delayed payout, multiple shut down and payout reports over years - it is always a risk - but I saw a blog advertise a low five figure match, so clearly there's some juice in this squeeze. YMMV as always.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I totally agree about the Discover "cashback match" cards. I had a 2% card where I made it to year-end OK, but then switched to the 3% card and was shut down after 4-5 months. Admittedly I pounded the 3% card much harder than the 2% card.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I have been charging a little less than CL each month on my Alliant card, it is still open and earning 2.5% now. several guys I know cycled alliant card CL and all got shut down after several months. sometimes, less is more.
wmy2008 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:04 pm

Was browsing through the last month on this thread, and honestly got inspired (by some of the volumes I was seeing). I'm probably around 150k a year in MS, mostly via Grocery Amex Gold, office CIC, and random tier goals like Hilton FNC. Looking to use Simon 1k cards to my advantage, but in a bit of a pickle in terms of what card to use. Obviously Amex won't work because duh, Chase cards have low CLs from minimizing risk of shutdown last summer, similar for Citi because still riding grAAvy train. I might just use a random Wells Fargo Biz Platinum with 1.5% back since that's the best CB percent I have; and I'm honestly not even sure if I can get approved for Alliant or Fidelity 2% because of some high balances (from helping out P2 with 0% APR promos).
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:46 pm

IMO it's not worth MSing (except maybe for minimum spend) if you're not getting at least 2% CB. I don't fully understand your "high balances" comment but if you pay down balances, it will affect your credit score very quickly. If your statement date is the 20th and you pay down the balance on the 19th, it will improve your credit score by about the 25th-30th (in most cases).
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
IMO it's not worth MSing (except maybe for minimum spend) if you're not getting at least 2% CB. I don't fully understand your "high balances" comment but if you pay down balances, it will affect your credit score very quickly. If your statement date is the 20th and you pay down the balance on the 19th, it will improve your credit score by about the 25th-30th (in most cases).
She had credit card bills with high interest, which was making her payments not too effective against principal. So I found 0% APR on some of my cards, transferred balances over, and am giving her a year to pay them all down to zero (so far, so good). So, come next fall, I will be in a great place and my score will get back into high 700's. However, my utilization is 90% on 3 cards, and it has been a factor in some recent denials (I'm already in the 28/24 range as it is, so not exactly easy to get approvals these days). These aren't high balances I'm getting from MS-ing, which I do pay off in full before statement cuts. These 3 are going to linger for the near future.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:45 am

My brother and his son made a project of going to every major league baseball stadium. I'm about on the verge of seeing how many different SM's I can buy cards at! I was on my way to a concert on Long Island a couple of days ago, I needed to stop and eat, saw a sign that said "Shopping Mall this exit" and it turned out to be a Simon. I'm sure I've bought them at at least a dozen different malls in at least a half-dozen states! And damn if the CSR's at every one aren't excruciatingly nice. Well done, SM.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I know I'm probably asking for a crystal ball - but does anyone have any intel on whether this will last into the New Year (I know the advertised date is 12/31)? Trying to decide if I should pay just my first installment of property taxes in December, or the whole thing with SM VGCs.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I know I'm probably asking for a crystal ball - but does anyone have any intel on whether this will last into the New Year (I know the advertised date is 12/31)? Trying to decide if I should pay just my first installment of property taxes in December, or the whole thing with SM VGCs.
No one knows. I doubt Simon has made a determination yet anyway.

We only heard of the current extension a few days or weeks before it was set to expire.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Has anyone able to purchase GC from Simon recently? I try getting the VGC, but seem like the site is not working properly, only allow MCGC. TIA
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:58 am

You have to buy in a Simon mall, not online
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
No intel, but Simon has never gone backward, only forward. With the AMEX ban, they're bending over backward to keep us happy - because we're boosting some numbers. I'd plan on 1ks for awhile..
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
No intel, but Simon has never gone backward, only forward. With the AMEX ban, they're bending over backward to keep us happy - because we're boosting some numbers. I'd plan on 1ks for awhile..
Thanks for that useful info - is Simon so MS friendly only because they stand to profit from it heavily? And Walmart is becoming so MS unfriendly because they stand to lose the most from it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.