Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FreakingFlyer
When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2019 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Xephyr
Not sure if I'm shut down by Citi but my CL didn't reset until 10 days after paying the card (been cycling CL this month). Went to SM to get more GC and got declined. Called Citi the next day and informed me that I need to call their high risk management department. I'm assuming they'll be asking me about my recent spending behaviors. Anyone have DP on whether this will lead to a shutdown?
Called and apparently they just wanted to confirm the purchase...sort of weird since I've made larger purchases in the past few weeks. Probably will take a break before starting again.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I got shutdown on Serve in 2016 after using it with Kate for only about 12 GC deposits and 3 CC payoffs over 3 months. Not sure if anything I did there was high risk?

I just got a BB card for my P2 and was able to deposit a $1000 Simon GC on it at Walmart at the Self-check-out Monitor's kiosk. Easy Peasy. No ID or anything.

My question is, what is the best way and timing to drawdown the BB balance to avoid shutdown on P2's BB account?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:41 am

There is no known way. Get her 5 Serves and 5 BBs ASAP and switch to unused ones once shutdown happens.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
There is no known way. Get her 5 Serves and 5 BBs ASAP and switch to unused ones once shutdown happens.
Unused cards will still get shutdown if they've been activated. Only unactivated cards don't get shutdown. You know the difference if you've ever gotten a serve/bb card.

Edit: sorry this info is wrong, see other comments.

Last edited by 808traveler; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:46 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Unused cards will still get shutdown if they've been activated. Only unactivated cards don't get shutdown. You know the difference if you've ever gotten a serve/bb card.
My activated but unused Serve cards were not shut down in May.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

How do you get additional cards then? Is it the Family Accounts feature, or do you use the "create an account" button?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:39 pm

Incorrect. My activated but unused and unactivated cards were not shut down.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by zmicer88
My activated but unused Serve cards were not shut down in May.
Incorrect. My activated but unused and unactivated cards were not shut down.
I was wrong, see other comments

Last edited by 808traveler; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:52 pm

Awesome! You folks got lucky then. Lots of reports counter to that.
Never seen a DP of activated but unused shutdown. Certainly not "lots of reports."
Old Sep 23, 2019, 3:55 pm

Never seen a DP of activated but unused shutdown. Certainly not "lots of reports."
Looking back at the reports on reddit, looks like i totally misremembered the DPs on unused cards. I was wrong! Sorry about that.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I got shutdown on Serve in 2016 after using it with Kate for only about 12 GC deposits and 3 CC payoffs over 3 months. Not sure if anything I did there was high risk?

I just got a BB card for my P2 and was able to deposit a $1000 Simon GC on it at Walmart at the Self-check-out Monitor's kiosk. Easy Peasy. No ID or anything.

My question is, what is the best way and timing to drawdown the BB balance to avoid shutdown on P2's BB account?
you can load BB from a Walmart self checkout?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader
Not from the actual selfcheck. The cashier station that runs the self-check bullpen.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by freeloader
I didn't know that either!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by royallyflushed
I didn't know that either!
I think it's a "YMMV"
My local WM only allows loads at the MC (grrr).
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:38 pm

Not sure if I'm shut down by Citi but my CL didn't reset until 10 days after paying the card (been cycling CL this month). Went to SM to get more GC and got declined. Called Citi the next day and informed me that I need to call their high risk management department. I'm assuming they'll be asking me about my recent spending behaviors. Anyone have DP on whether this will lead to a shutdown?
Called and apparently they just wanted to confirm the purchase...sort of weird since I've made larger purchases in the past few weeks. Probably will take a break before starting again.
you need to be careful and take it easy. not sure how long you have been playing the game but citi doesnt mess around. since you are cycling they are throttling your limits and have been referred to the "high risk" dept. that alone should tell you that eyes are on your account. proceed with caution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.