Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by BCon81
OD/OM?
Office Depot and Office Max.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: UR, United MP
Originally Posted by touristtrap
1) In store only.
2) Gift cards most likely will not earn bonus.

I'm not so sure...

TPG had an article on how you can triple dip by buying a GC with the app, miles/rewards from app purchase on cc, then use the GC through a shopping portal.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/tip-triple-earnings-mileageplus-x/
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm just glad I didn't hop on the hyped "fake" rebate week since there is a legit one this week. Also, my new office and commute means I drive past the Staples that's in the burbs that I previously dismissed as too far to go to just to find VGCs. Stopped in 2 days in a row and plenty of $200s. ^ Happy days are here again!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm just glad I didn't hop on the hyped "fake" rebate week since there is a legit one this week.
It is not an either/or proposition. I am doing both rebates.

Regarding the "fake" rebate, the Staples Rebates CSR on Monday told me that my "fake" $20 VGC would ship within 15 days.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
It is not an either/or proposition. I am doing both rebates.

Regarding the "fake" rebate, the Staples Rebates CSR on Monday told me that my "fake" $20 VGC would ship within 15 days.
I just didn't want to bother with the chance that Staples wouldn't honor it. I had no need for the UR points, or the VGCs so I didn't see the point in chancing it.

Now 100% free VGCs via advertisement on the other hand.... I'm all over that.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:39 pm

Moderator note: A post asking how to cash out Metabank visa gift cards was moved to the 'new to manufactured spending thread'. Please help the OP out over there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...re-2017-a.html

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Aug 13, 2017 at 9:09 am Reason: POST MOVED
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:43 pm

This week, there is a rebate offer for a $15 Staples card for buying $300 of MasterCard gift cards. I bought some tonight; however, the rebate receipt did not print out as usual. Hopefully, I can still submit this purchase and get the rebate.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
This week, there is a rebate offer for a $15 Staples card for buying $300 of MasterCard gift cards. I bought some tonight; however, the rebate receipt did not print out as usual. Hopefully, I can still submit this purchase and get the rebate.
Hopefully it can be submitted soon because they updated the rebate from mail-in to easy rebate as seen on https://rebate.staples.com — the rebate form did not print because earlier today it was listed as mail-in only which doesn't print at register.

Last edited by dealhunter32; Aug 15, 2017 at 8:33 am Reason: Corrected URL
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dealhunter32
Hopefully it can be submitted soon because they updated the rebate from mail-in to easy rebate as seen on https://rebates.staples.com — the rebate form did not print because earlier today it was listed as mail-in only which doesn't print at register.
That is not the reason it didn't print. Rebates always print even when they are mail in only offers. It didn't print because the skus for the 200s/100s weren't on the rebate....
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
That is not the reason it didn't print. Rebates always print even when they are mail in only offers. It didn't print because the skus for the 200s/100s weren't on the rebate....
Nah you don't know what you are talking about. That's the same list of 5 SKUs the MasterCard rebates usually are and includes the SKUs for $100 and $200 cards. In fact, my rebates are now showing up to be submitted.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:01 am

I believe there was an article in DOC about rebates not printing.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dealhunter32
Nah you don't know what you are talking about. That's the same list of 5 SKUs the MasterCard rebates usually are and includes the SKUs for $100 and $200 cards. In fact, my rebates are now showing up to be submitted.
Of course it is processing, because it was always intended to be a sku for the rebate, but the in store processor that prints rebates on skus does not have the 200 and 100 included on it, and that's why it wasn't printing at the store.... Additionally, whether a rebate prints or not has nothing to do with whether you actually get the rebate or not. The systems are supposed to be linked but they are programmed separately. If you can find something about staples rebates I don't know, I'll give you $100...

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I believe there was an article in DOC about rebates not printing.
Yea, I know this. My point was the mail in offer was NOT the reason it wasn't printing as dealhunter tried to say. The MIR portion happens to staples rebates A LOT. This has no affect on the rebate printing.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:38 pm

No one has actually gotten a rebate approved message because the rebate is not in the system and is not a valid rebate.
(emphasis added)

If you can find something about staples rebates I don't know, I'll give you $100...
As of this morning, both of my rebate submissions from July 31 show the following status:

Promotion: Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards
Status Date: 08-07-2017
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

You can make your check payable to "Steve in Olympia."
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
As of this morning, both of my rebate submissions from July 31 show the following status:

Promotion: Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards
Status Date: 08-07-2017
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.
This is from the "bugged" rebate (the one that printed out at the register, but was apparently a mistake), right? If so, the above status is from the new tracking number the CSR gave you when you had them resubmit?

I also submitted mine, got the "invalid" email, provided a scan of my receipt, and was given a new tracking number. However, the tracking number I was given doesn't work online, and the CSR who originally handled the resubmission told me that I'd be getting a rebate for $60.

I didn't say anything in the hopes that I would actually get $60, but it's kind of sounding like her screw-up isn't going to work and I'll need to call back!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
This is from the "bugged" rebate (the one that printed out at the register, but was apparently a mistake), right? If so, the above status is from the new tracking number the CSR gave you when you had them resubmit?

I also submitted mine, got the "invalid" email, provided a scan of my receipt, and was given a new tracking number. However, the tracking number I was given doesn't work online, and the CSR who originally handled the resubmission told me that I'd be getting a rebate for $60.

I didn't say anything in the hopes that I would actually get $60, but it's kind of sounding like her screw-up isn't going to work and I'll need to call back!
I'm not an expert here so please don't beat me up.

I was told that the newly issued tracking number for the rebates the last week of July could be checked online but under the mail in rebate section. Have you tried that?

Can anyone provide suggestions on how to get the MasterCard rebates processed for this week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.