Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ValueAdd82
This is the thread about the Five Back Visa card for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon sells $500 5back metabank vgc. Read the Simon thread for more details. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812413-simon-mall-gift-cards-2017-a.html

Simon- Check balance: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/card_balance.aspx
FB - Check balance: https://www.fivebackgift.com/

Best Participating Stores: See the participating list for more stores
CVS - No longer working
Kmart - No longer working
Staples & Staples.com - No longer working
Lowes - Limited to buying $200 cards - more fees to pay and more to liquidate

CVS exit rumors appear: 1/9/17
CVS removed from program 1/20/17
KMart exit rumors appear: 2/2/17
KMart removed from program 2/7/17
Staples exit rumors appear: 4/26/17
Staples removed from program: 4/30/17
Lowes exit rumors appear: 5/11/17
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Card(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Odd, do you swipe with the plastic bag still on it (or just rub it before swiping)? I may try this plus the swipe up option (didn't think of that). I do know that I unloaded one of the 25s at CVS, so I know it at least swipes.
Swipe with the card wrap inside the plastic bag. I tried it at one store but it didnt work for me. Then when I have another card with this problem, I didnt get a chance to try it bc that store is 'green' (= no plastic bag, only paper bag). But the second cashier also mention the plastic method.

So I actually dont have any proof it works. Lol
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by I can see for miles
And FWIW, my K "purchases" from the night of 2/2 posted this morning (2/3). But any K purchases from this point on would be a calculated gamble.
Purchase of product from Kmart on 2/2 posted today.
Did another purchase today of product so I will see if FB worked. Should post tomorrow, since it has taken less than 24 hours to post in the past.
This is not MOs so if it doesn't post, I suspect that the program is kaput for Kmart.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:00 pm

K is still listed on the fivebackgift.com site...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:48 am

DP: My 02/03 KM BP posted 5% today 02/04.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by lz80521
DP: My 02/03 KM BP posted 5% today 02/04.
Did you BP a CC?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA, CSReserve, AmexBCP, Surpass, Hhonors Dia, Hyatt Dia, IHG SE, Mlife Plat, TR Dia, other gaming
Did 13K BP (to CC) @ K on 2/3, many after 8p EST. All posted fb today 2/4. It was curious that 4 location's MO, "System is down," or "Out of paper." It was extra strange when the CSM said out of paper, left the desk for a second and another CSR said, "Oh yeah the system is down." At the same K 30 seconds later. They both had that look - you know the one - "I'm lying are you buying it?" Well I bought it and made them atone for their lies by staring them in the face doing 1.5 hrs of BP. Heading to diff K locations today. We'll see what's what.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
DP
My merchandise purchase 4/3 using FB card posted today with 5% bonus.

Unable to do MO or BP using FB at all my local KMs.

Last edited by radonc1; Feb 4, 2017 at 11:27 am Reason: clarity
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by buttercutter
Did 13K BP (to CC) @ K on 2/3, many after 8p EST. All posted fb today 2/4. It was curious that 4 location's MO, "System is down," or "Out of paper." It was extra strange when the CSM said out of paper, left the desk for a second and another CSR said, "Oh yeah the system is down." At the same K 30 seconds later. They both had that look - you know the one - "I'm lying are you buying it?" Well I bought it and made them atone for their lies by staring them in the face doing 1.5 hrs of BP. Heading to diff K locations today. We'll see what's what.
I do think there is something going on ......I got told at 2 K's today that their "debit system is down" and that it had been escalated. Somehow I feel like they're lying......will push later today as its close and on my way. Glad you proved they were wrong.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:00 pm

we need DPs of people with FBs obtained at Simon vs anywhere else getting incentive loads after KM purchases

sources say KM has not left the program but there may be some funny business involved in how exactly they stay in the program.

the DPs will reveal the answer
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by buttercutter
Is it one card per BP transaction?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by chalkitup
we need DPs of people with FBs obtained at Simon vs anywhere else getting incentive loads after KM purchases

sources say KM has not left the program but there may be some funny business involved in how exactly they stay in the program.

the DPs will reveal the answer
im a few blocks from a Kmart and can try to help. What data points will help and I'll see what they allow me to do.

A quick question though. Can I do BP with more than one swipe? Depending on who is there I can ask for a money order. I'm willing to buy something for a couple bucks to try it out as well. Jlmk and I'll give it a shot.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:21 pm

"Rumors suggest Kmart is (or perhaps already has) dropped out of the program"

Keep destroying everything, you swarm of locust. I don't have any Kmart nearby, but this can't be good. What's next, Staples? In a few months only crappy places will remain in the program, if any at all.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:00 pm

Kmart transaction bonus from 2/3 posted today. New week starts on Sunday so it may be over tomorrow. I talked to CS at 5B and she confirmed Kmart/Sears/CVS are no longer participating. No dates for Kmart/Sears exit are available though which is strange. I think there is a grace period but unlike with CVS it is secret with Kmart.
Anyone who thought this will last was naive. 5% was design for merchandise, not financial transactions, and their accounting sooner or later would notice big loses on those type of transactions.

Last edited by cashcyclone; Feb 4, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Steelcurtain
What data points will help and I'll see what they allow me to do.
Do you have or have access to a red Simon FB and a black non-Simon FB? Try both tomorrow or Monday and see if one or both fail to post the 5% incentive load.

IME KM is single swipe only.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by chalkitup

Folks, the five back website still shows Kmart as part of the program. That means that they are still part of the program. Remember when CVS dropped? They were removed from the website right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.