Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I used DC twice this week.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:46 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by Happy
Simon purchase regardless where you buy, does NOT work for bonus of any kind, including spend bonus, since mid 2017.
Originally Posted by jtav559
Used Hi1ton Am3x at Simon to hit 40k spend for Diamond. Probably 1/5th of the 40k was through Simon, rest was at $afeway where there are 2x points for grocery purch. All of which counted towards cumulative spend requirement.
Originally Posted by radonc1
I use several Amex cards which have long since past any bonus stage. However, I do need to meet various spend levels. For example, if I reach a certain spend level with my Morgan Stanley Plat card, I get a monetary refund. This is also true for my other Amex cards as well.

And yes, my SMGC purchases count for the above minimum levels. But these are not bonuses per se.
So is the consensus / DP's saying that the free night is dead, but SPG Gold and HH Diamond do work? It's not like I wouldnt love some "free" points, but I wont go all out if it's not going to be worth it.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by willbbiddy
So is the consensus / DP's saying that the free night is dead, but SPG Gold and HH Diamond do work? It's not like I wouldnt love some "free" points, but I wont go all out if it's not going to be worth it.
I ordered from Simon online and it counted toward the 15K free night, but when I bought them at the mall they did not count.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I have had no issue resetting PINs using the phone call tree in the last few weeks, and since I know the prompts by heart it takes me about 60 seconds or less per call. I prefer not having to fumble for the last 4 when I go to buy MOs so I set all of my VGCs to the same pin.
Seems like the Simon phone number is screwy recently, and they changed up the prompts a bit. Two VGCs that I thought I changed the PINs on came back as incorrect PIN when I went to WM, so if you are a PIN changer like me be careful. the last 4 worked in both instances.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Seems like the Simon phone number is screwy recently, and they changed up the prompts a bit. Two VGCs that I thought I changed the PINs on came back as incorrect PIN when I went to WM, so if you are a PIN changer like me be careful. the last 4 worked in both instances.
Online PIN changer still seems to work. Unfortunately the website balance check requires entering (or pasting) the card info again.
https://mygift.giftcardmall.com/#pin
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Online PIN changer still seems to work. Unfortunately the website balance check requires entering (or pasting) the card info again.
https://mygift.giftcardmall.com/#pin
Maybe I spoke too soon. Today the online PIN changer stopped working as well. Now it gives the "Technical Error" message every time. At least it's not "Congratulations" (when the phone PIN changer was not working).
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:48 pm

Tried yesterday and today, but can't seem to check balance of a card purchased at Simon on GCM's site. Card works fine, however.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:23 pm

Out of curiosity, when viewing your transactions in your credit card statements, does your Simon Mall display the respective name listed here? Browse All Simon Shopping Malls, Mills Malls & Premium Outlet Centers Worldwide

I just wanted to confirm that Amex has coded into their system to specifically omit purchases from places like "Southdale Center" from counting towards bonuses, rather than a location that may show up as "Simon Mall- Southdale Center",
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I have a number of Amex cards and they all work at SM for achieving spend levels. My Hilton, Plat, SPG all are ok for reaching certain spend levels.

On the other hand, I long since gave up with my AA Citi card. It will not let me do a GC purchase at SM.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by radonc1
I have a number of Amex cards and they all work at SM for achieving spend levels. My Hilton, Plat, SPG all are ok for reaching certain spend levels.

On the other hand, I long since gave up with my AA Citi card. It will not let me do a GC purchase at SM.
Could you clarify what do you mean by that?

Do you mean achieving HH Diamond / SPG Gold, for example? assuming you dont mean to meet the spend requirement for a bonus.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:41 am
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Maybe I spoke too soon. Today the online PIN changer stopped working as well. Now it gives the "Technical Error" message every time. At least it's not "Congratulations" (when the phone PIN changer was not working).
What is the deal with resetting PINs? I get that cards could be tampered with if they're out in the open, but these are behind a desk.

Originally Posted by Happy
Could you clarify what do you mean by that?

Do you mean achieving HH Diamond / SPG Gold, for example? assuming you dont mean to meet the spend requirement for a bonus.
Or more specifically for me, does the counter on your Hilton dashboard towards a free night go up or down?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:03 am

What is the deal with resetting PINs? I get that cards could be tampered with if they're out in the open, but these are behind a desk.

Or more specifically for me, does the counter on your Hilton dashboard towards a free night go up or down?

My Hilton 15K free night spend counter doesn't move and apply on Simon spend. Do y'all have the same issue? The simon spend does get counted towards the 40k yearly Diamond spend.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tsmith12
My Hilton 15K free night spend counter doesn't move and apply on Simon spend. Do y'all have the same issue? The simon spend does get counted towards the 40k yearly Diamond spend.
This is what I mean as well. SMGC purchases count for me towards my $40K spend for HH plat levels.

I have had my cards for years so there is no "bonus" that I am eligible for anymore.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Just noticed this with my delta MQMs, as they did not track. What about SPG points through simon, are poeple still getting the points at least? Might try to max it out this month since it’s the last.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Simon Malls
July Promotional Rates

Attention all who have corporate accounts. All you need is a tax ID number to be considered a corporate. If you can please select College Mall in Bloomington, In as your center of choice!!

Purchase fees for all American Express® Simon Giftcards® and Rewardcards® are practically
melting away this July. Use promo codes below when ordering at simon.com/volume.

American Express Simon Giftcards: Normal Rate: $3.95 Promo Rate: $0.99
Promo Code JULAG75

American Express Simon Rewardcard Normal Rate: $2.95 Promo Rate $0.00
Promo Code JULAR100

Last edited by mwstahly; Jul 6, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.