FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1708925-discover-10-cashback-bonus-store-through-2015-when-using-apple-pay-up-10k.html)

shitrus Dec 3, 2015 10:47 am

Ugh. Still waiting until the 19th for my Discover statement to close with 8 one-time courtesies of $504.95 on it. Had a statement close on the 19th of November with 0 Apple pay transactions on it, even though I had used apple pay all the time up until then.

Oh well.

atwnsw2 Dec 3, 2015 3:29 pm

I am going back to Verizon tonight to attempt AP again as last night didn't work and today is the last day of my billing statement.

If they ring up AP through the tablet, will that qualify for 10% cashback?
or
Does it have to be through terminal at cash register?

Membersince2013 Dec 3, 2015 5:15 pm

Well, for me, all my transactions were legitimate. I maxed out the whole 10k buying office supply items, not a single gift card. I actually don't do much MS anymore now. What I'm actually upset about is the fact that discover doesn't give us any way to know exactly what we're getting cashback for. I'll have to file a complaint with the CPFB and BBB in February if they still can't tell me the exact purchases I'm getting cashback for, my Discover card is usually is a sock drawer. I only brought it out because I newly learned of the 22% and Discover deals. They're making me regret it.

sharoq Dec 3, 2015 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013 (Post 25809660)
Well, for me, all my transactions were legitimate. I maxed out the whole 10k buying office supply items, not a single gift card. I actually don't do much MS anymore now. What I'm actually upset about is the fact that discover doesn't give us any way to know exactly what we're getting cashback for. I'll have to file a complaint with the CPFB and BBB in February if they still can't tell me the exact purchases I'm getting cashback for, my Discover card is usually is a sock drawer. I only brought it out because I newly learned of the 22% and Discover deals. They're making me regret it.

Once the Apple Pay Bonus line appears online it should be pretty easy to track. Mine FINALLY showed up for my Nov 26 statement. It includes everything up to Oct 2 (Note that this date is completely arbitrary, right in the middle of the statement period. It's 7-8 weeks back from the statement close date. Because that's just how they roll at the Discover I.T. Department.)

Also note that the Apple Pay Bonus is not shown explicitly on the PDF of the actual statement. You have to look on the Activity tab.

1) From front page, click on Recent Activity button.
2) From the dropdown box next to Activity Period, select most recently completed statement period, which is marked (Current).
3) Now a box appears on the right labeled Detailed Rewards Activity.
4) Scroll down in this box if necessary to see the whole area under Discover Deals & Promotional. For the first time I have a line here labeled "Apple Pay 10% Cashback Bonus."

I felt much better about this whole thing once I finally saw the bonus starting to appear, be it ever so slow. I did not get the bonus on two VGC purchases that had been explicitly excluded. I did get the bonus on a 3rd VGC where they gave me the "one-time courtesy bonus."

isriam Dec 3, 2015 6:06 pm

thank you for that info.

my courtesy apple pay for 2027.79 posted in the 10% apple pay catagory. i'm missing 2500 from this statement so now i know how much i need to make up.

Membersince2013 Dec 3, 2015 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by sharoq (Post 25809777)
Once the Apple Pay Bonus line appears online it should be pretty easy to track. Mine FINALLY showed up for my Nov 26 statement. It includes everything up to Oct 2 (Note that this date is completely arbitrary, right in the middle of the statement period. It's 7-8 weeks back from the statement close date. Because that's just how they roll at the Discover I.T. Department.)

Also note that the Apple Pay Bonus is not shown explicitly on the PDF of the actual statement. You have to look on the Activity tab.

1) From front page, click on Recent Activity button.
2) From the dropdown box next to Activity Period, select most recently completed statement period, which is marked (Current).
3) Now a box appears on the right labeled Detailed Rewards Activity.
4) Scroll down in this box if necessary to see the whole area under Discover Deals & Promotional. For the first time I have a line here labeled "Apple Pay 10% Cashback Bonus."

I felt much better about this whole thing once I finally saw the bonus starting to appear, be it ever so slow. I did not get the bonus on two VGC purchases that had been explicitly excluded. I did get the bonus on a 3rd VGC where they gave me the "one-time courtesy bonus."

See, my thing is that I don't understand why I have to put all that individual effort into finding out what I got rewarded for. The purpose of a credit card is to make life easier but Discover has found a way to make my life harder with their crappy Infrastructure. Other credit card companies i.e chase tell you exactly what you're getting rewarded for.

jseling Dec 3, 2015 10:06 pm

Looks like more emails are going out - I just got another "your purchase included a gift card" email from Discover for a purchase made on October 25. The best part is that Gmail flagged it as a phishing email :)

elvistcb Dec 3, 2015 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by jseling (Post 25810745)
Looks like more emails are going out - I just got another "your purchase included a gift card" email from Discover for a purchase made on October 25. The best part is that Gmail flagged it as a phishing email :)

I wish they would hurry up and get them all out so that I can file my complaint. ^

rdcrds Dec 3, 2015 10:25 pm

Emails coming in now looks like till the end of OCT for them not paying

Flyer0615 Dec 3, 2015 10:53 pm

Emails are going up all the way to Oct 30, it is my first wave and last wave, I got in late, got my one-time courtesy, does anyone get transaction made on Oct 31 flagged?

rdcrds Dec 3, 2015 11:29 pm

I was looking at my last statement and i got 3$ in apple pay posted. Now how can i tell ... they paid it on? math tells me 3$ even is for 30$ spent. the 1st apple pays that were not gift cards were like 6$ 3$ 8$ 6$ and change all of them and i see no apple pay that would be a even 30$ from my 1st apple pay transactions that were posted in Sept. There is no combo in my 1st statement with Apple pay that makes 30$ even no matter which transactions i add up. I can do 1 combo of 29.80 but that is not 3$ even you know discover would not round up lol

In fact i can look them all up and not make 30$ even out of anything. they paid 3$ even so it has to be for 30$ even right? this pisses me off cause i have no way to tell ... they paid 3$ on in my current statement.

rdcrds Dec 3, 2015 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer0615 (Post 25810919)
Emails are going up all the way to Oct 30, it is my first wave and last wave, I got in late, got my one-time courtesy, does anyone get transaction made on Oct 31 flagged?

They did not go that far cause i have 1 for them to flag on OCT 30th lol they only went up to my Oct 27th one.

This is so messed up. They paid 3$ from all the sept apple pays i made. I made a ton of small ones legit none were flagged and they pay me 3$ even in apple pay. Like i am supposed to know what transaction's they did it on my God what a FUP

Chelski Dec 3, 2015 11:35 pm

YMMV.

Flyer0615 Dec 3, 2015 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by rdcrds (Post 25811039)
I was looking at my last statement and i got 3$ in apple pay posted. Now how can i tell ... they paid it on? math tells me 3$ even is for 15$ spent. the 1st apple pays that were not gift cards were like 6$ 3$ 8$ and change all of them and i see no apple pay that would be a even 15$ from my 1st apple pay transactions that were posted in Sept.

In fact i can look them all up and not make 15$ even out of anything. they paid 3$ even so it has to be for 15$ even right? this pisses me off cause i have no way to tell ... they paid 3$ on in my current statement.

$3 apple pay bonus = $30 spent, other 10% will from Double Cashback promotion whenever your double cashback promotion ends.

rdcrds Dec 3, 2015 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer0615 (Post 25811055)
$3 apple pay bonus = $30 spent, other 10% will from Double Cashback promotion whenever your double cashback promotion ends.

Yeah i fixed the 15$ to make it 30$ but after you quoted it i guess lol same deal i added up my 1st 3 transactions that were 6 8 5 and change they do not add up to 30$ plus the 25th was the 3rd one to get close to 30$ then i had a few on the 26th there is no way to tell ... they paid since no combo adds up to 30$