FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1708925-discover-10-cashback-bonus-store-through-2015-when-using-apple-pay-up-10k.html)

Falimz May 21, 2017 1:06 pm

$2850 across 2 accounts here. I maxed out the bonus on them previously too.

AzLarry May 21, 2017 2:09 pm

I got a surprise this week of about $1900 across two cards. I think I was shorted about $1400 so not sure where they came up with the numbers, but of course I'll take it.

air360 May 22, 2017 8:25 am

How are y'all determining the amount you get back? Just by statement close date and it showing up or can you see it listed somewhere?

slack455 May 22, 2017 10:14 am

Originally Posted by air360 (Post 28344065)
How are y'all determining the amount you get back? Just by statement close date and it showing up or can you see it listed somewhere?

Wait for statement close or call in.

tree100 May 31, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by shitrus (Post 28293522)

Originally Posted by tree100 (Post 28293498)
If I never sent a CFPB statement, or otherwise contested them not rewarding me the funds, what are the chances that doing something now will warrant them giving me the cash back? Does one have any options this late in the game?

I haven't received any emails from them regarding this since the emails at the beginning saying some purchases were ineligible.

then you won't get anything.

i contested them because at the time mine WERE eligible, as I had made them all before the T&Cs were changed

Never got the email explaining I would be seeing cash back added to the account, but just opened a statement that came in the mail yesterday and they gave me >$1300. Apparently you don't have to do anything, in some cases, to get this latest round of cash back.

Falimz Jun 3, 2017 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Falimz (Post 28341286)
$2850 across 2 accounts here. I maxed out the bonus on them previously too.

Add another $1600 from my 3rd account. That's a ridiculous $4450 AFTER I already maxed out the $6k from my 3 accounts previously. Thanks Discover.

PantyWaster Jun 5, 2017 6:26 am

Meanwhile the spouse bought an iPhone and applied for a Discover card before the T&C changes, bought no gift cards, and got shorted >$1800.

shitrus Jun 5, 2017 7:16 am

is there a reason she didnt call in to contest the invalid cashback denials?

PantyWaster Jun 5, 2017 8:14 am

Originally Posted by shitrus (Post 28404486)
is there a reason she didnt call in to contest the invalid cashback denials?

The original emails, if she received them, must have gone to spam. She didn't know about the demand to submit recipts (not sure she would have anyway just on principle). By the time the promo was over and she didn't see the bonus, she called and they demanded receipts which she no longer had.

So no bonus, a hard pull on her credit for a crappy card she wouldn't have otherwise applied for, and she's out $700 for a phone she could have done without.

shitrus Jun 5, 2017 11:22 am

should have cited the T&Cs which do not state a receipt is necessary, then should have filed a complaint with the CPFB.

I'm pretty sure you can still do that.

tuphat Jun 7, 2017 3:13 pm

FWIW --This a sock drawer card for me, but I used it recently to make sure that a statement would generate. It did, and reflected a $978 cb credit for old purchases. Money is now on its way to my bank acct.