FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1708925-discover-10-cashback-bonus-store-through-2015-when-using-apple-pay-up-10k.html)

riphamilton May 4, 2017 9:15 pm

just got an email:

Important Information from Discover
Dear riphamilton,

Thank you for enrolling on September 21, 2015 in our promotional offer of 10% Cashback BonusŪ on up to $10,000 in DiscoverŪ card purchases made with Discover card in Apple Pay from September 16, 2015 to December 31, 2015. Based on an internal review, we have decided to award you additional Cashback Bonus related to this promotion. It will appear on your statement within the next two billing cycles.

Thank you for choosing Discover and enjoy your Cashback Bonus.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

pleasant surprise! i never sent in a complaint or anything; i know many on here did. i should probably thank everyone here who did contact discover and force their hand on this.

skitch23 May 4, 2017 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by riphamilton (Post 28269988)
just got an email:

Just got the same email! I thought they had paid me everything they owed me, but I'll take more if they want to give it to me. I certainly won't say no :)

Chelski May 4, 2017 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23 (Post 28270001)
Just got the same email! I thought they had paid me everything they owed me, but I'll take more if they want to give it to me. I certainly won't say no :)

If they didn't pay you on Walgreens purchases then they didn't pay you everything. They were facing regulatory pressure and don't want to be in violation of their previous settlements.

They are sending that boilerplate statement to every account that received a we will not pay this transaction email regardless of hitting the $10k spend. If $10k was spent we will see if additional comes. I expect not.

slack455 May 4, 2017 10:21 pm

I got it too, thought I had received pretty much all my cashback. Discover owed the wife a few hundred but she didn't get the email...go figure.

pdxp2b May 4, 2017 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by slack455 (Post 28270179)
I got it too, thought I had received pretty much all my cashback. Discover owed the wife a few hundred but she didn't get the email...go figure.

Was surprised to get this e-mail today.Only got $100 "courtesy" credit that was before initial "doesn't qualify" notice was even posted. Did CFPB compalint probably a year ago. owed $600CB and this should have been doubled as I was within the window. We'll see what shows up on the next statement...

AzLarry May 4, 2017 11:12 pm

Got the email on 2 accounts, I called several times to fight but didn't open any CPFB or other actions. They probably owed me about $300 on each account, before the double cash back for the year.

Email was a pleasant surprise, we'll see how much they actually pay though.

DaveInLA May 5, 2017 12:20 am

Whatever they pay us, I wonder if they'll double it.

skitch23 May 5, 2017 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Chelski (Post 28270176)
If they didn't pay you on Walgreens purchases then they didn't pay you everything. They were facing regulatory pressure and don't want to be in violation of their previous settlements.

They are sending that boilerplate statement to every account that received a we will not pay this transaction email regardless of hitting the $10k spend. If $10k was spent we will see if additional comes. I expect not.

I'm fairly certain I didn't buy anything at Walgreens because people were having so much trouble. I know I had to send in a staples receipt, but that was to show I bought an iPad, not gc's.

Stivelio May 5, 2017 6:12 am

I didn't get any email. I had some GC purchases as well and was denied the CB

Mamibear May 5, 2017 6:21 am

I don't know why I got the email when I've been paid all that I was expecting. If they give me add'l CB, I'll consider that a bonus for being with them for a long time. The 5B cards I spent @ Lowes also gave me extra CBs that I let sit on the cards and they never clawed it back.

lumangoy May 5, 2017 6:59 am

so no one knows the amount right?

cdog999 May 5, 2017 7:25 am

Got the email as well. They denied me on the bonus money last summer. They even sent me copies of all my receipts from WAG in the mail. Pleasant surprise. I'm guessing there was likely a lawsuit brewing and this was preemptive.

DaveInLA May 5, 2017 9:03 am

Someone commented on a Doc of Credit post that s/he got something like $800 credited when statement just closed. My statement won't close for another couple of weeks, can't wait to find out what I get.

slack455 May 5, 2017 9:09 pm

This makes me hate Discover all over again, thanks for continuing to screw my wife out of $300+ Discover.

Chelski May 5, 2017 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 28271421)
so no one knows the amount right?

Yes, The amount is classified at this time, but should become unclassified in two billing statements. :D