FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1708925-discover-10-cashback-bonus-store-through-2015-when-using-apple-pay-up-10k.html)

miadeals Nov 5, 2015 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 25670787)
PPMC cards the same. Confirmed (WG purchases).

PPMC cards aren't "gift" cards.

File CFPB complaint if discover doesn't pony up.

callmedtop Nov 5, 2015 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by miadeals (Post 25670819)
PPMC cards aren't "gift" cards.

File CFPB complaint if discover doesn't pony up.

Agreed, although I stupidly told my GF that she can go ahead and throw away receipts a couple of days ago. Stupid!

miadeals Nov 5, 2015 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by valedecem (Post 25670803)
I just got a dozen emails denying cash back for purchases made between 9/18 and 9/25 and then one granting courtesy cash back for one transaction made on 9/25.

File CFPB complaints on each. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Mpc578 Nov 5, 2015 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 25670787)
PPMC cards the same. Confirmed (WG purchases).

Same here. Mine was a split between PPMC and VGCs. All flagged.

One other data point, I only received emails on purchases through 9/25. I still have $2000 of outstanding GC purchases I didn't get an email on. I wonder if they are going through them in batches?

callmedtop Nov 5, 2015 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mpc578 (Post 25670832)

One other data point, I only received emails on purchases through 9/25. I still have $2000 of outstanding GC purchases I didn't get an email on. I wonder if they are going through them in batches?

I've only got 2 emails on 10 or so transactions. My girlfriends account has gotten 5-6 emails (on 10 or so transactions). She hasn't received the "courtesy" email yet.

mediator Nov 5, 2015 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mpc578 (Post 25670832)

I guess they'll check in batch. I just got an email said my 9/19 purchase at Shaw's was a GC:mad:

xSTRIKEx6864 Nov 5, 2015 9:34 pm

I am sending an email to that [email protected] email asking them to reconsider this. It's very unfair and misleading to consumers to change terms after announcing something. I do suggest if Discover does not credit the 10%, people should file complaints with the CFPB.

AndrewTheMan Nov 5, 2015 9:35 pm

Sent a "I dispute." email

Going to give it a few days and fire off regulatory complaints. Should that fail I'll have my legal council take a swing in it.

miadeals Nov 5, 2015 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 25670824)
Agreed, although I stupidly told my GF that she can go ahead and throw away receipts a couple of days ago. Stupid!

No, its not stupid, and its not your responsibility to prove it to them. It's THEIR responsibility to prove it to YOU. Again, file CFPB complaints.

I hope they pay a multi million dollar fine over this. They are going to screw people of out millions of legitimate rewards - and I'm not talking about GC spend, I'm talking about the spending I've done where I've added in GC to my normal purchases!

How stupid it is that we're using a new technology where we don't have to carry a whole bunch of extra crap in our pocket but now we're supposed to keep each and every paper receipt! :rolleyes:

DaveInLA Nov 5, 2015 9:36 pm

I made 2 $500 gift card purchases on 9/17 and got the courtesy on those. I haven't gotten any more emails for purchases after that, but looks like I won't get anything.

I wonder if Discover will decide to NOT double these courtesy payments.

miadeals Nov 5, 2015 9:38 pm

Does anyone have any success?

Did anyone buy a whole foods gift card at whole foods, etc?

We need to add each store to the wiki...

AndrewTheMan Nov 5, 2015 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by miadeals (Post 25670850)
No, its not stupid, and its not your responsibility to prove it to them. It's THEIR responsibility to prove it to YOU. Again, file CFPB complaints.

I hope they pay a multi million dollar fine over this. They are going to screw people of out millions of legitimate rewards - and I'm not talking about GC spend, I'm talking about the spending I've done where I've added in GC to my normal purchases!

How stupid it is that we're using a new technology where we don't have to carry a whole bunch of extra crap in our pocket but now we're supposed to keep each and every paper receipt! :rolleyes:

Walgreens sells prescription drugs...

kingofmath Nov 5, 2015 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by cfisher6 (Post 25670744)
EDIT: Wow, seems we're all in a reporting mood. Deleted my post as it was quite redundant.

However, I did get an email stating I would receive 10% back on one purchase as a courtesy.

I got two of each ("gift card portion not eligible" and "one-time courtesy"). Now antsy waiting for the next 25 emails! lol

The ineligibility email says: "If you disagree with our finding and contend that your purchase did not include a gift card or a portion of your purchase qualifies per the terms of the promotion, let us know with supporting documentation in the next 21 days."

What do you guys think about that? I certainly included a bunch of random items here and there with my gc purchases, but do I want to go forward with that documentation, which would obviously prove the inclusion of gift cards?

miadeals Nov 5, 2015 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 25670853)
I made 2 $500 gift card purchases on 9/17 and got the courtesy on those. I haven't gotten any more emails for purchases after that, but looks like I won't get anything.

I wonder if Discover will decide to NOT double these courtesy payments.

Sounds like CFPB complaints to me...

xSTRIKEx6864 Nov 5, 2015 9:44 pm

People should contact Discover (ideally, online message so you get a documentable response) to ask why they are not honoring the original terms that were posted and put in the press release. Maybe Discover will then honor the terms...if not, you have more documentation for a CFPB complaint to be filed.

The CFPB online complaint form asks if you lost money... I think the 10% in lost cash back should count as lost money. Not sure if the CPFB will agree.