FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover 10% Cashback Bonus in-store through 2015 when using Apple Pay, up to $10k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1708925-discover-10-cashback-bonus-store-through-2015-when-using-apple-pay-up-10k.html)

MileageGoblin Nov 4, 2015 11:08 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1 (Post 25663050)
What is the largest amount somebody got 10% AP CB for?
I intend to buy some Amazon GC and can split it into smaller transactions if it needs be.

For you and everyone else. :)

moobearus Nov 4, 2015 12:48 pm

Some Thoughts

After reading some of the comments in here I thought I would chime in.

First, I don't think that Discover is going to pay the 10% until after the end of the year.

Second, we all know that some of these manufacturing games work, some work really well and some don't work as well as we would like :(

Lastly, and this has been stated many times many different ways before. The crazy thing isn't that some deals don't work out but that so many work out to begin with.

Let's be thankful that this madness exists at all and has hopefully given us the benefits that it has!

rdcrds Nov 4, 2015 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by moobearus (Post 25663741)
After reading some of the comments in here I thought I would chime in.

First, I don't think that Discover is going to pay the 10% until after the end of the year.

Second, we all know that some of these manufacturing games work, some work really well and some don't work as well as we would like :(

Lastly, and this has been stated many times many different ways before. The crazy thing isn't that some deals don't work out but that so many work out to begin with.

Let's be thankful that this madness exists at all and has hopefully given us the benefits that it has!

Wow your 1st should have been your last. #1 you're wrong MANY people have got some AP 10% cashback. Mostly those from Sept 24th to 27th and i mean MANY have posted they got some. NOT ALL but some unlike your statement

moobearus Nov 4, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm unconvinced that they actually got the 10% cash back.

That said, I did get my 5% cash back for my Amazon purchases!

Chelski Nov 4, 2015 1:20 pm

YMMV.

moobearus Nov 4, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm with you and am most certainly hopeful that the 10% posts soon. My statement just cut the other day and there was no 10% cashback. I just wanted to try to calm the non-believers. It was just my hunch that it won't post till the end of the year. I don't have any special connections or inside information. I believe the 10% will arrive at some point!

PurdueGuy Nov 4, 2015 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by moobearus (Post 25663790)
I'm unconvinced that they actually got the 10% cash back.

That said, I did get my 5% cash back for my Amazon purchases!

Thanks for calling people like me liars. Why do I come here?

moobearus Nov 4, 2015 3:32 pm

I have received $87 cash back so far with no 10% cashback even though I have bought at many stores using apple pay. Only a small amount of the $87 was the 5% cash back for Amazon purchases.

ChurninAway Nov 4, 2015 6:00 pm

Does anyone know if reloadits are technically considered giftcards?

jimbo18 Nov 4, 2015 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChurninAway (Post 25665124)
Does anyone know if reloadits are technically considered giftcards?

This is what I don't understand. Why can't I buy a prepaid that doesn't say gift card anywhere on it? I can't find the terms and conditions though to see if they have any language other than no gift cards.

wowsza Nov 4, 2015 8:05 pm

here are my data points from most recent statement:

5% amazon CB was correctly given on ~$80 worth of purchases
10% apple pay NOT given on ~$2900 in legitimate purchases and ~$1700 worth of gift cards from walgreens

ZzzzX Nov 5, 2015 4:47 am

Originally Posted by PurdueGuy (Post 25664561)
Thanks for calling people like me liars. Why do I come here?

Making some popcorn....

JW008 Nov 5, 2015 6:26 am

This is complete speculation based on the data points given (and admittedly my desire for this deal to go through), but it seems like there's a certain threshold for ALL purchases above $200, but below $500, where purchases above that threshold have not been given any AP points yet. (This is based on the report of the $200 gift card getting the bonus, but some larger non-gift card purchases not getting the bonus) My hope is that larger purchases are requiring some kind of further processing and will post on future statements.

This is definitely wishful thinking, but with the reports we've had thus far, the narrative fits. I'm still holding out hope.

AnInfrequentFlyer Nov 5, 2015 6:52 am

Originally Posted by JW008 (Post 25666833)
This is complete speculation based on the data points given (and admittedly my desire for this deal to go through), but it seems like there's a certain threshold for ALL purchases above $200, but below $500, where purchases above that threshold have not been given any AP points yet. (This is based on the report of the $200 gift card getting the bonus, but some larger non-gift card purchases not getting the bonus) My hope is that larger purchases are requiring some kind of further processing and will post on future statements.

This is definitely wishful thinking, but with the reports we've had thus far, the narrative fits. I'm still holding out hope.

It may be that the $200 Staples purchases don't trigger their gift card algorithim or large purchase hold on awarding the 10%. But then you'd have to make a lot of $200 transactions which could also be a trigger.

mittenfingerz Nov 5, 2015 6:55 am

Statement cut off today. No line for AP purchases. I had a mix of all types.