Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
When you guys go into a new OD, are you just bringing them all the GCs to the register? Or do you go up to the register with one, just to test, buy it. Then come back to the register with many more? Not sure how I'll do this smoothly once I get off work today.
I did one as a test buy, then I went back and grabbed a bunch more.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:50 pm

Money Laundering

Some smuchk thought I was money laudering, so he took a copy of my ID when I bought 5000 worth of cards. Should I be concerned?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:55 pm

All the high-value Visa/MC are gone from my stores, but I'm cleaning up on $200 AGC for Redbird loads. Still working as of noon today in Socal.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:57 pm

Can these be used to buy money orders from grocery stores and/or be loaded to Redbird? Any particular ones better than others for those purposes?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by mulliganman30
Can these be used to buy money orders from grocery stores and/or be loaded to Redbird?
Yes, the vanillas can be used to buy MOs or load to RBs but AGCs are strictly for RB loading.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jackal3000
Works as of 3pm ET at OD. Was able to purchase $4400!
I am not able to buy anything more than $200 with Credit card. Is anyone able to buy high value Vanilla GC's with CC?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I am not able to buy anything more than $200 with Credit card. Is anyone able to buy high value Vanilla GC's with CC?
Just purchased a few thousand. They checked ID and called in an authorization, but it didn't take more than a few minutes for the whole trip.

Still working as of 3pm EST.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Yes, the vanillas can be used to buy MOs or load to RBs but AGCs are strictly for RB loading.
Keep in mind that vanillas can only be loaded $49.99 per transaction at wal-mart (for BB and MOs).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Live @ OD as of 4PM. Unfortunately, my store only had $100s but they're clear of those as well now
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
I bought 200 x 5 Gold packaging 200$ Vanilla Visa at my local Officemax. Drove over to walmart and tried to use one of them at the Kate. Declined. Used a random 4 digit pin. Tried again. Declined. With the loud message of "invalid card" didnt want to attract any more attention (next to money center) so left.

Tried using it at the local mcdonalds drive through as credit. declined. website shows full 200$ on the card and two mcdonalds credit charges...message says "970200 Denied : Delayed Redemption".

Anyone want to PM me or explain how to load Kate with this card. btw, I did attempt only $49.99.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by ostornadoe1
Keep in mind that vanillas can only be loaded $49.99 per transaction at wal-mart (for BB and MOs).
right; it is not advisable to buy $49.99 MOs at WM anyway. I was referring to other stores where vanilla debit are accepted for MOs with no issues. AGCs can be loaded to RBs but can't be used for buying MOs anywhere.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:55 pm

Just bought $2000 MCGC at OfficeMax at no fee. Anyone if I can load Serve with MCGC like the Staples VGC. I could not find an answer anywhere
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by ketelone
I bought 200 x 5 Gold packaging 200$ Vanilla Visa at my local Officemax. Drove over to walmart and tried to use one of them at the Kate. Declined. Used a random 4 digit pin. Tried again. Declined. With the loud message of "invalid card" didnt want to attract any more attention (next to money center) so left.

Tried using it at the local mcdonalds drive through as credit. declined. website shows full 200$ on the card and two mcdonalds credit charges...message says "970200 Denied : Delayed Redemption".

Anyone want to PM me or explain how to load Kate with this card. btw, I did attempt only $49.99.

Thanks!!
You didn't wait long enough from purchase to attempted load. You should give it at least a couple hours. I usually wait till overnight. They're not like the $500 Sunnies you can buy at WM.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by ketelone

Thanks!!
They're not activated yet. Give it 60-90 minutes. Sometimes longer but that's typically the wait time if they're not activated immediately.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
I purchased $200 to test on Saturday. I then bought $1,800. I did receive a FA on the 2nd purchase. I cleared it and the transaction went through fine I then came back later in the day to purchase $2,000 more. I purchased $2,000 today on a separate card. I haven't tried more than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.