Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VGC's and AGC's from Office Depot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Went to a local OM yesterday and had a $200 MC ring up with fees.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ZeroMile
are they OneVanilla Visas ?
no, they're not. the ones that rang up no fee for me were the $200 vanilla with gold colored gift box. my friend called me to say they're still ringing up no fee at the stores we went to last night. great way to meet all min spend
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Thanks OP, went to OD. Got a bunch of Amex without fee, they were out of the VGC's.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:40 pm

I must be in an area where nobody does MS as my store was fully stocked. I did a test of one card and then bought 9 more. Easy 10,000 points. Does anyone know the max you can purchase without a supervisor override? $1,800 required one. I plan to make another stop after the shift change.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I must be in an area where nobody does MS as my store was fully stocked. I did a test of one card and then bought 9 more. Easy 10,000 points. Does anyone know the max you can purchase without a supervisor override? $1,800 required one. I plan to make another stop after the shift change.
for me, $1K (5x$200) required manager override but he said I can buy as many as I want
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:45 pm

OM did not work for me.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
for me, $1K (5x$200) required manager override but he said I can buy as many as I want
Thanks. I figured it was about that. The manager at the store I went to first said cash only, but don't think he realized there were the fixed value. There is a sign even stating what will be accepted as payment. Only the variable cards were cash only. I wish the variable cards were fee free and could be bought with credit.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:17 pm

Just got back from both OD and OM and can confirm no fees. My OM had only 8 of the $200 MC's (which I bought), but my OD had $200 VGC's as far as the eye could see! :-) I bought $4400 worth, but could have gone much, much higher if I wanted. I'll already be spending plenty of time unloading these at Target as it is, though. Anyway, great opportunity for those who are up for it. 30k miles for 45 min of work/driving.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:19 pm

Odd, OD manager made a copy of my ID for a <$1000 GC purchase.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:25 pm

Rang up with no fee here either. Manager would only let me buy 4 because she said the register won't allow more because after 4 it asks for an authorization code and she couldn't do more than one transaction because she would get a call from loss prevention. Normally I'd just say ok and move on but this store is in the midst of a going out of business sale so I didn't care about burning any bridges and argued with her that I know this isn't actually store policy but she wouldn't budge. I'll go back tomorrow early in the morning so she probably won't be there. There was about 35 left. I'm going to get them all if they'll let me.

On another note, I haven't been to an OD in almost a year. Do most stores still have variable amount OVs and VRs? I thought they were all removed from shelves like a year ago but this location had hundreds of each. OVs were hardcoded cash only.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Compfreak
Odd, OD manager made a copy of my ID for a <$1000 GC purchase.
Actually met another MSer at OD this afternoon and the manager noticed I had been in earlier and with us both purchasing $2k back to back he asked for names. Checked the ID of the guy in front of me but didn't check mine...probably thought mine had been checked earlier but it hadn't.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Mgr would only let me do $1800... so went with wife to multiple ODs. Cleaned up with $12600 total before we ran out of cards to buy. Free ticket to Europe. All in a day's work.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:53 pm

I was at OD on Friday morning, didn't know about the deal but that would explain why all the racks only had $50 gcs on them.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
It's very peculiar why this would be continuing. By now some manager somewhere should have called into corporate. Unless they've decided to stop selling GC, and this is a no-notice way of clearing the stock out quickly?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Actually, when I first tried to buy this on the 1st and 2nd, I spoke to the manager and asked him to check if it's ringing up right. I was more worried I would end up $200 useless plastics that I'll have to go through the process of getting refunded or having to call Chase. The manager said he would. But it's obviously still going on.

By the way, I bought 7 more today, but that's probably going to be it this month. I'm afraid of getting caught by Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.