Search

Rite Aid master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by XP1
March 15-21
Page 3

Vanilla MC, get $5 up rewards.

Today, Sunday, I bought 1 x $500 Vanilla MC, but no up rewards shows on the receipt.

Can anyone confirm? Stacking the limit is dead?
I bought 2 $500 MC (in one transaction) and got the $5 rewards. (Just as a data point showing that the offer isn't completely broken.)
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:26 pm

Bought two paypal cards from rite-aid, tried to scratch the number at the back, and i think i pressed little harder, and the first three numbers came off. Does anyone have any idea how to get this resolved? Rite-aid says, they can not do anything about it. Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Rajnish
Bought two paypal cards from rite-aid, tried to scratch the number at the back, and i think i pressed little harder, and the first three numbers came off. Does anyone have any idea how to get this resolved? Rite-aid says, they can not do anything about it. Thanks.
Contact Incomm. They will make you to Fax everything (including receipt), but they will help you out.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by vinhboy
Did this ever work?

I tried loading my Emerald card once at RA too, it did not work.
I had this work once and then never again.

When it worked, I think they had to press some option on the bottom of the screen.

Then, I could never get a cashier to find that option again.

Anyone pull this off successfully recently?

me want more
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
I had this work once and then never again.

When it worked, I think they had to press some option on the bottom of the screen.

Then, I could never get a cashier to find that option again.

Anyone pull this off successfully recently?

me want more
You realize it's debit only, even if they can find it?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:16 pm

For the Vanilla MC, I bought one $500 MC and got no rewards. I think the difference between this deal and past deals is that this deal says you have to buy 2 MCs to get $5 rewards, while past deals were based on a monetary value loaded to the MCs.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mrmandel
You realize it's debit only, even if they can find it?
Nope...It's not even debit only. It's now CASH only. Before you were able to use both debit, credit or cash but they switched it sometime a little while ago. Even Money orders are now cash only.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:12 am

Data point: Bought 2x $500 Vanilla MC yesterday and received the $5 up reward. Offer states limit of 2 rewards.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:49 am

This week Rite Aid has a $5 in store coupon on the purchase of 2 Amex Secure Pay cards. May be useful to some (including me) who load AFT or Redbirds.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
So what cards can you swipe reload at RA?

I know a place that still allows debit reloads and I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can load there
Old May 19, 2015, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
So what cards can you swipe reload at RA?

I know a place that still allows debit reloads and I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can load there
It won't let you use debit cards for Money orders or loads anymore..
Old May 19, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
It won't let you use debit cards for Money orders or loads anymore..
Except, as you quoted in what I wrote, I've been doing debit loads for months now
Old May 20, 2015, 12:13 am

Does Rite Aid count as grocery for any bank/MCC?
Old May 20, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mbaker4096
*sigh*
I know it's a Pharmacy, but I've heard reports of it being eligible for grocery bonuses. Might be because I mistaken it with PathMark for their similar logos.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by Light
I know it's a Pharmacy, but I've heard reports of it being eligible for grocery bonuses. Might be because I mistaken it with PathMark for their similar logos.
The short answer is that it depends on how the card company codes the specific location...and that is complete potluck in some respects. Target may code as a Superstore or as a Grocery Store, for example.

Most Rite Aids should be listed as a Drug Store, but hey! You might find one that comes out as something different if you look long and hard and Visa/Mastercard did something funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.