Wiki Posts
Search

Rite Aid master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Rite Aid master thread

I went to a Rite Aid yesterday and purchased money orders and also loaded with green dot. Everything worked out great and i was out the door. Fast forward to today, went back for more money orders and the screen told the cashier that its cash only. She even showed me what the screen was telling her. I had to go to the ATM in there and get $500 so the cashier doesn't get in trouble for the transaction. I then tried to load my Emerald card, with a really low amount, but that didn't work either. The computer stated that it was cash only. I simply paid with cash and said my goodbyes. I was so disappointed! I'll try another Rite Aid and see...They probably did it because of me.

Last edited by Membersince2013; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:11 pm

My two local RAs have told me cash only for MOs since last Spring. Others on here reported the same thing back then. I guess you had been getting lucky.

Last edited by ILGfly; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:18 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ILGfly
My two local RAs have told me cash only for MOs since last Spring. Others on here reported the same thing back then. I guess you had been getting lucky.
The closest RAs to me in my town havent had any MOs for months already, they had the machines removed.While it was hit and miss over the bridge in the neighboring State, more miss then hit
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:28 am

3 out of 4 RA that I was able to buy MOs with a VGC has gone to cash only.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:25 am

As if RA was not in bad enough shape all ready. Hey let's do cash only for MO and run even more customers off! Brilliant!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thehogsters
As if RA was not in bad enough shape all ready. Hey let's do cash only for MO and run even more customers off! Brilliant!
Thats what i was saying. There's barely anyone in there.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:17 pm

Most RAs in my area are cash only.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Thats what i was saying. There's barely anyone in there.
Rite Aids are hit a lot by fraudsters as they were one of the only stores still allowing generous purchases of cash equivalents and now the time has come to say good bye to that. They dont care as much about us as they do about fraud.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Gift cards can still be purchased with credit, right?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:35 am

My store manager showed me the memo outlining the new policy. Before, even if they had policies like no credit for Moneypaks it was up to the cashier to enforce it. No longer.

MO's are now hard coded cash only. I believe this is a new policy. I had multiple stores accepting debit for MO's before. I was also lucky to have one store accepting RA GC's as payment for VGC's and the register allowed it. This is now hard coded to be turned off as well.

Basically, the only thing we can still do at RA is use CC to buy "Prepaid Gift Cards" that are not Green Dot (including Visa, MC, Amex, and Paypal). Their policy is to accept credit for up to $3,000 in GC's total in a single transaction. I'm not positive if the fees count towards the 3k but I assume not because they also say that a single item $ limit is $500 and I can definitely buy a single card for $500 + the fee.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:06 am

OP, didn't you already screw things up at your local Rite-Aid months ago?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...9-99-hole.html
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:58 am

now RA is hard-coded to disallow credit card use for all GreenDot products.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyb45
OP, didn't you already screw things up at your local Rite-Aid months ago?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...9-99-hole.html
I didn't "screw" anything up. The assistant manager screwed something up but it was fixed after i went back, showed them my ID and my credit cards.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA
GreenDot Visa/Master Card GC cash only at RA now?

I was able to buy them with a cc a week ago, but tonight the system declined cc payment. The cashier was nice and let me try with several different CCs, none of CCs were accepted. Is all GreenDot products hard coded at RA now?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beyond986
I was able to buy them with a cc a week ago, but tonight the system declined cc payment. The cashier was nice and let me try with several different CCs, none of CCs were accepted. Is all GreenDot products hard coded at RA now?
YUP...Its unfortunate. I ran into the same issue with loads a couple of days ago. Money orders are also now cash only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.