Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by laybear
Are you going to over MS your prestige or risk and see if you'll get the sign up bonus? Can you update us if you get your bonus or not when statement close ?
Why wouldn't he get the bonus? Citi is fine with NW Buxx - my main use of NW Buxx cards is loading Citi cards and then paying the bill with the same NW Buxx.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:03 am

I didn't find anything via search. Has anyone had any experience with HSBC Credit Card and loading Buxx?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Has anyone had a situation where you can log into your NW buxx account? I'm putting in the correct information but yet i'm being told that the login information is invalid.

"Your login information is invalid. Please call Customer Service at the number on the back of your card."

Last edited by Membersince2013; Apr 30, 2015 at 9:37 am
Old May 3, 2015, 9:41 am

NW Buxx

For the NW Buxx, I thought it was 2 max reloads per CC per rolling 7 days. Apparently its just 2 max reloads regardless of CC #1 or CC #2 per rolling 7 days since I am having trouble loading with CC #2 that has not done any loads thus far. CC #1 rolling 7 days ends tomorrow.

Is this true because if so then the wiki needs to be updated.

Last edited by ericdabbs; May 3, 2015 at 10:24 am
Old May 3, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG Plat
anybody use an AU CC to load, to circumvent the $5k limit?
Old May 3, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by indelible
anybody use an AU CC to load, to circumvent the $5k limit?
You can if the AU CC has a different CC number.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
You can if the AU CC has a different CC number.
thought so, thanks. guess i'll get an additional 2 USB cards to load 10k/month
Old May 3, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
For the NW Buxx card, is the 1k/month limit per teen card, or per master card?
Sorry for this newbie question... TIA!
Old May 3, 2015, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by mrsmsr
For the NW Buxx card, is the 1k/month limit per teen card, or per master card?
Sorry for this newbie question... TIA!
Teen
Old May 4, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
For the NW Buxx, I thought it was 2 max reloads per CC per rolling 7 days. Apparently its just 2 max reloads regardless of CC #1 or CC #2 per rolling 7 days since I am having trouble loading with CC #2 that has not done any loads thus far. CC #1 rolling 7 days ends tomorrow.

Is this true because if so then the wiki needs to be updated.
You can load 2 different teen cards with the same CC in 7 days, because I often load one, then another a few minutes apart. But I think you are right that you can't load more than $500/week per card.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:47 pm

What's the chance of me buying MO at $795 for NW buxx? Will I get any kind of fraud protection? This is a brand new teen card with $1k in it.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:41 pm

Should go through just fine. No fraud alerts on Buxx IME. Try it and see.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:08 pm

What is the best way to liquid these cards?

If I do ATM then deposit the cash, will there be any red flags with the bank of the amount of cash going into the account...say over the course of a year...?
Old May 7, 2015, 3:30 pm

Paying Credit Card bills with BUXX

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Why wouldn't he get the bonus? Citi is fine with NW Buxx - my main use of NW Buxx cards is loading Citi cards and then paying the bill with the same NW Buxx.
This is a useful idea, and I confirmed it did work for paying my CITI Forward card. It appears possible only by phone, which is time consuming. The operator did appear to have a way of retaining the data for future use, which might speed things up somewhat, but reaching the right person seemed to involve calling the general customer service number, and then being transferred to someone who could not be reached by direct dial.

It avoids the ATM fees ($2.00 plus the high probability that your ATM will add on another $1.00), and whatever time is spent getting to a suitable ATM machine.

Can it be done with other credit cards? In particular, are there ones that have a way to do this on line, so it is less time consuming.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:39 pm

What to do with cash taken out of the ATM

Originally Posted by psykopath515
What is the best way to liquid these cards?

If I do ATM then deposit the cash, will there be any red flags with the bank of the amount of cash going into the account...say over the course of a year...?
I don't know, although the total amount of cash could add up to enough for someone to ask questions (such as an IRS auditor wondering if you had a cash business whose profits were not being reported, or if the amounts deposited seemed regular, a job where you were paid in cash).

If you have a Serve, they can be loaded with cash. I have used the ATM machine in a store to get cash from two BUXX cards, and then gone to the counter to deposit the cash onto my Serve card. From there it is used to pay one of the many bills I have. This is a little safer than accumulating cash in your wallet until you happen to visit your bank, and seems quicker (usually no line in the store).

Since a purpose of a Serve card is to give a card for on line shopping for those without bank accounts or credit cards, cash deposits to a Serve probably would attract less attention than to bank account. IRS auditors routinely look at bank accounts, but I suspect they less often look at Serve accounts and similar products.

Last edited by ed765; May 7, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.