FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Mamibear May 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 24867803)
Thanks so much for your help!

When loading at FD, I know $500 per day is the max, but could I load 2 X $200 at the same store?

And is the $500 max per store/day, or per Serve card/day? I have multiple Serve cards that I could load if the limit is per card/day.

after reading all the horror stories of failed loading of VGC at FD, I didn't venture trying it. I'm fortunate to have friendly WMs with Kate and all cashiers knowledgeable in loading different prepaid cards, not just BB/Serve.

TBH, I wouldn't recommend loading at FD, but if that remains your only option, try it and see. hopefully, Murphy doesn't keep latching at your back.

Preacher7 May 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Yeah, i've never loaded there either b/c of the horror stories. B/c my WM has stopped under $50 Vanilla loads as of yesterday, I'm forced into this. Will hope for the best...

Phantom707 May 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 24867803)
Thanks so much for your help!

When loading at FD, I know $500 per day is the max, but could I load 2 X $200 at the same store?

And is the $500 max per store/day, or per Serve card/day? I have multiple Serve cards that I could load if the limit is per card/day.

It's per day for ALL customers. If someone else has loaded their prepaid card (regardless of if it's Serve our not), you're out of luck.

Despite people having horror stories, I've had a decent time. It's so much easier unloading a Vanilla Visa there than at Walmart. I tried doing 49.99 loads, and it would not go through at Kate. The most I could do was 49.50 for some reason. I didn't try higher than that, though.

Preacher7 May 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 24868127)
It's per day for ALL customers. If someone else has loaded their prepaid card (regardless of if it's Serve our not), you're out of luck.

Despite people having horror stories, I've had a decent time. It's so much easier unloading a Vanilla Visa there than at Walmart. I tried doing 49.99 loads, and it would not go through at Kate. The most I could do was 49.50 for some reason. I didn't try higher than that, though.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll try $49 loads.

protagonist May 26, 2015 5:23 am

My $200 Serve loads via internet by Starwood Amex business card are not being categorized as purchases. They are being categorized as "business services- internet services".

Does that mean they will not count towards promotional spending requirements?

Preacher7 May 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Amazingly, my first ever load at FD worked. It was easy, seamless. Only 14 X $200 Vanillas left to go...then I'm done with beans forever!

Question, for those Family Dollar experts: Assuming I am the first person to load at the store that day, can I make back to back $200 loads at the same store? And since I have multiple Serve cards, and will be going to multiple stores, are the load limits for each Serve card the same for loads at FD as they are at WM, i.e. $2500/day per card?

In other words, is the only additional limit using Family Dollar the $500/day/store limit? Again, thanks for your help with this. I should be able to polish off all the cards if all goes well, and if there are no additional limits I'm not aware of!

BTW, tried a $40 load at Kate today and she spit it right back at me. ALL bean loads are now dead at my WMs, sometime b/w Saturday night and Sunday morning...

kkwong5 May 27, 2015 7:29 am

Originally Posted by MikailSJ (Post 24859129)
Are the points pending? Sometimes the points don't post immediately (like my cards)

Thanks. Looks like they are pending from April. I had to navigate to a different summary page to find the pending points. The next billing cycle for may has already closed so not sure why they points haven't moved from pending to posted since its been 1.25 months.

dolttlob May 27, 2015 8:38 am

I'm having the same issue. Did you try again and is it working now?

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 24835018)
Switched from Redbird to Serve, tried to add my paypal business debit card as the online funding source, and got error message. so Paypal is no longer allowed in Serve as online debit funding source? Thanks

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 24835461)
It shows as :

BIN/IIN number 558158
Brand MASTERCARD
Country Code (ISO3166-1) US
Country United States
Bank JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Card Type CREDIT

Card type as Credit? Weird

MauiKauaiOahu May 27, 2015 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 24872636)
Question, for those Family Dollar experts: Assuming I am the first person to load at the store that day, can I make back to back $200 loads at the same store? And since I have multiple Serve cards, and will be going to multiple stores, are the load limits for each Serve card the same for loads at FD as they are at WM, i.e. $2500/day per card?

In other words, is the only additional limit using Family Dollar the $500/day/store limit?

I can add some information.

I have gone to 2 Family Dollars the same day and done $500 loads at both stores.

I only have 1 serve card, so I have not tried back to back loads at the same store. My wife still has a bluebird card.

Now on to the rumor:
During a load at a Family Dollar, the cashier and manager started chatting about "the other guy" who comes in and loads Serve cards. The manager mentioned "the other guy" would load funny amounts (like $495) to "his" card, and then load his wife's card as well.

I am not sure if these loads were the same trip or not.
Since I don't have 2 Serve cards, I have just done single loads to 1 card.

If you are willing to try $200 loads back to back on 3+ cards, you could give us a new piece of info about exceeding the $500 limit.

If the last $200 load fails, don't forget to stay there and re-swipe your debit cards to get the $$ back on it.

liw5215 May 27, 2015 9:42 am

deleted

liw5215 May 27, 2015 9:43 am

Still not working as last Friday

Brewer20 May 27, 2015 10:03 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk, dolttlob! :D

I was able to successfully add my PPBDC to Serve. As expected I had to upload images of my ID and card.

DaVanillaGorilla May 27, 2015 10:12 am

Has anybody else tried to register a FNBO 1.5% (Graphite?) AMEX? I picked one up since I already had a checking account with them and there's a branch across from work. It's only a couple days old, but I've used it for other things. My serve is also only a couple weeks old, if that matters.

Anyway, I've been trying to add it to my Serve account and get the 1.5% back on $1k a month. The website always gives me an "Unexpected Error Occurred" message. I added the Hilton Surpass successfully and then deleted it and tried again. I called in last night and the customer service rep, after talking to technical support, said that since it isn't actually from AMEX that it can't be added. I called back this morning, and when a second rep tried to add it manually, it gave an "Incorrect Security Code" error. She transferred me to AMEX to confirm, but since they didn't issue the card, I bailed.

Anybody experienced something like this before? Should I call the security number and send a scan somehow?

If I can't add it, it's not the end of the world. It's only $15 a month I'm losing, and I'll probably add the Surpass back on to help towards the $40k platinum spend. I just want to warn anybody else thinking of getting the card if it continues to be a problem.

dolttlob May 27, 2015 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Brewer20 (Post 24876379)
Welcome to FlyerTalk, dolttlob! :D

I was able to successfully add my PPBDC to Serve. As expected I had to upload images of my ID and card.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had uploaded images of my ID and card, but it can probably take a couple of months. No biggie though, I guess I can wait. =)

Brewer20 May 27, 2015 10:40 am

Originally Posted by dolttlob (Post 24876536)
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had uploaded images of my ID and card, but it can probably take a couple of months. No biggie though, I guess I can wait. =)

Once you've uploaded the images, call the number in the email. They should be able to process it while you are on the phone.