FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

ZzzzX Jun 1, 2015 8:51 am

Online arrival + loads to serve are working.

knowledgeispower Jun 1, 2015 8:53 am

Loaded $500 on Amex Hilton using Softcard account, pending as "Business Services - Internet Services"

johnny847 Jun 1, 2015 9:28 am

Originally Posted by stirfrypoints (Post 24892324)
Somebody reported that his Fidelity AMEX Serve load counted as cash advance recently.

I loaded $200 today with my Fidelity Amex. The charge hasn't cleared on the Fidelity yet but my cash advance limit is only $10, so it shouldn't have gone through if it was going to be a cash advance, right?

knowledgeispower Jun 1, 2015 9:32 am

Originally Posted by johnny847 (Post 24900980)
I loaded $200 today with my Fidelity Amex. The charge hasn't cleared on the Fidelity yet but my cash advance limit is only $10, so it shouldn't have gone through if it was going to be a cash advance, right?

That's correct.

UserMark Jun 1, 2015 9:57 am

Originally Posted by MauiKauaiOahu (Post 24875950)
I can add some information.

I have gone to 2 Family Dollars the same day and done $500 loads at both stores.

I only have 1 serve card, so I have not tried back to back loads at the same store. My wife still has a bluebird card.

Now on to the rumor:
During a load at a Family Dollar, the cashier and manager started chatting about "the other guy" who comes in and loads Serve cards. The manager mentioned "the other guy" would load funny amounts (like $495) to "his" card, and then load his wife's card as well.

I am not sure if these loads were the same trip or not.
Since I don't have 2 Serve cards, I have just done single loads to 1 card.

If you are willing to try $200 loads back to back on 3+ cards, you could give us a new piece of info about exceeding the $500 limit.

If the last $200 load fails, don't forget to stay there and re-swipe your debit cards to get the $$ back on it.

I did multiple loads at the same store to one Serve card, and it worked fine. I did $200, $200, $100. Didn't dare try to exceed $500 :)

funami Jun 1, 2015 10:59 am

I was able to add from CSP fine over the weekend.

MisterEdF Jun 1, 2015 12:35 pm

We have 2 "soft"Serve accounts. I just added our Chase United Air cards to both those accounts. On my account I was able to make my $500 load with no problem but on my wifes account I got: "We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Is that the message that means SERVE wants ID info for that account or does it mean exactly what it says? There are no pending charges on the account and I got no messages from either SERVE or CHASE regarding a problem. On MY account all went fine. On my wife's is the problem. Yes, 2 separate accounts not AU cards.

Edit: Any yes, there is plenty of "cash advance" funds available (over $2K available) and I have tried multiple amounts from $500 down to $100 and always get the same message. On my account it came off the CA line as expected but my wife's account is getting nothing.

knowledgeispower Jun 1, 2015 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by MisterEdF (Post 24902180)
We have 2 "soft"Serve accounts. I just added our Chase United Air cards to both those accounts. On my account I was able to make my $500 load with no problem but on my wifes account I got: "We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Is that the message that means SERVE wants ID info for that account or does it mean exactly what it says? There are no pending charges on the account and I got no messages from either SERVE or CHASE regarding a problem. On MY account all went fine. On my wife's is the problem. Yes, 2 separate accounts not AU cards.

Edit: Any yes, there is plenty of "cash advance" funds available (over $2K available) and I have tried multiple amounts from $500 down to $100 and always get the same message. On my account it came off the CA line as expected but my wife's account is getting nothing.

I've gotten this numerous times with chase. It's normal it just means chase declined the transaction because they saw a cash advance on an account that probably doesn't utilize cash advance a lot. Call chase and tell them a transaction you authorized was declined and they'll clear the card and let it through. I've had to do this numerous times on the same card month after month until they finally got the message I want these to post lol

MisterEdF Jun 1, 2015 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower (Post 24902347)
I've gotten this numerous times with chase. It's normal it just means chase declined the transaction because they saw a cash advance on an account that probably doesn't utilize cash advance a lot. Call chase and tell them a transaction you authorized was declined and they'll clear the card and let it through. I've had to do this numerous times on the same card month after month until they finally got the message I want these to post lol

Thanks .... I will try the "secure mail" route first because it's "my wife's" card and she hates getting involved in these dealings. :D I've called and said I was her and always got a laugh on how they respond to what they "think" is a male voice. We both got these new cards a couple days ago and mine was no problem but hers was.

Edit: It let me do $10. Couldn't get past that (and it wasn't even deducted from CA CL)

knowledgeispower Jun 1, 2015 3:48 pm

Has anyone had success adding a Chase IHG Mastercard to Serve? It gave me a Decline message and I googled it and this appears to be very common with the Chase IHG but I could not find a solution online. Chase claims there was no decline on their end and my CA is fine. This is adding the card to the account not a load so the CA shouldn't even be an issue.

Some people have claimed it has to do with the way IHG codes your address and it not matching with what you enter on Serve but I didn't see anyone solve the problem.

Just hoping there is a solution! Have two of these cards opened at the same time and I don't think I can make a $2k spend in 3 months at this point in time!

doubleheader Jun 1, 2015 5:14 pm

I did a few loads at a few stores today (I try to keep a low profile). No issues, but at one of my stops on my second load the clerk asked me what kind of card I was using. I said it was a debit card. She said "because we just had a meeting and we aren't going to allow gift cards or what they call open loop cards anymore". She didn't say anything about the system not allowing or anything so??? I'd never heard anyone mention open loop before today.

BarronConrad Jun 1, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm amazed that those of us with SoftServe can STILL load with non-Amex cards. You'd think a glitch would be fixed by now, if that's what it is. I expect this to end any second now but I hope I'm wrong.

chaser123 Jun 1, 2015 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by BarronConrad (Post 24903733)
I'm amazed that those of us with SoftServe can STILL load with non-Amex cards. You'd think a glitch would be fixed by now, if that's what it is. I expect this to end any second now but I hope I'm wrong.

It's not a glitch. Credit card loads are specifically allowed for Serve with Softcard. On their homepage, Serve with SOftcard has seperat terms and funding by credit card is specifically listed. Normal Serve terms specifically state Amex credit ceard.

With that said, I have no idea why they allow it but its clearly intentional.

Phantom707 Jun 1, 2015 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by BarronConrad (Post 24903733)

A few pages back, someone mentioned that they were calling up a Serve CSR, and the CSR was about to say that you can no longer add non-Amex cards before she saw that the poster was a SoftServe user and then helped the poster with their issue (which I think was just adding a non-Amex card).

ZzzzX Jun 1, 2015 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by doubleheader (Post 24903652)
I did a few loads at a few stores today (I try to keep a low profile). No issues, but at one of my stops on my second load the clerk asked me what kind of card I was using. I said it was a debit card. She said "because we just had a meeting and we aren't going to allow gift cards or what they call open loop cards anymore". She didn't say anything about the system not allowing or anything so??? I'd never heard anyone mention open loop before today.

Might be its an issue for that store.