FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

sechs May 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by XP1 (Post 24847703)
Only Amex for non-Softcard account. Softcard still works.

He's another who didn't read the wiki....

touristtrap May 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Could someone confirm that serve loads with Amex Everyday card count as purchases (toward required 30 purchases for 50% bonus)?

My account does not track 2 loads from 5/19 as qualifying purchases.

nmjohnson May 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 24850484)
Could someone confirm that serve loads with Amex ED card count as purchases (toward required 30 purchases for 50% bonus)?

My account does not track 2 loads from 5/19 as qualifying purchases.

As a follow up, did Serve loads count towards your minimum spend? I have been hearing conflicting reports in the last few pages.

touristtrap May 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by nmjohnson (Post 24850701)
As a follow up, did Serve loads count towards your minimum spend? I have been hearing conflicting reports in the last few pages.

Did not use it for minimum spend. Just trying to see if it credits serve loads as eligible purchases toward (30) monthly bonus requirement.

cdog999 May 22, 2015 8:19 am

Both my wife and I are both getting Amex Serve cards. We also each have a Fidelity Amex 2% Rewards Credit card. Each credit card is under our name, but we each have the same account number. Can we each link our credit card to our individual Serve accounts?

Or is this a problem since its the same credit card number?

We recently had our Bluebird accounts closed for having the same checking account (a joint one) linked to our 2 separate Bluebird accounts. It was a major hassle trying to get the accounts permanently closed and not just in locked status, so I want to avoid doing anything that could get me closed again.

It seems like the safe bet is just to link our Amex credit card to one of the accounts since it has the same number, but was hoping to hear from some more experienced people.

Mamibear May 22, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 24854357)
Both my wife and I are both getting Amex Serve cards. We also each have a Fidelity Amex 2% Rewards Credit card. Each credit card is under our name, but we each have the same account number. Can we each link our credit card to our individual Serve accounts?

Or is this a problem since its the same credit card number?

We recently had our Bluebird accounts closed for having the same checking account (a joint one) linked to our 2 separate Bluebird accounts. It was a major hassle trying to get the accounts permanently closed and not just in locked status, so I want to avoid doing anything that could get me closed again.

It seems like the safe bet is just to link our Amex credit card to one of the accounts since it has the same number, but was hoping to hear from some more experienced people.

if you link 2 accounts to one CC number, one or both accounts will get flagged and you'll find the error message to call CPS when you try to load. They will then ask you to upload the CC together with a pic ID.

It's safer to link a CC to just one account UNLESS the CC numbers are different like those of CapOne and other CCs where AU cards have different numbers and CVV. Some people have success loading with a CC in their name and then deleting it so it can be loaded to another Serve account. IMO, it's best to keep one amex CC linked to just one Serve account. Use your discretion on what you think is best.

cdog999 May 22, 2015 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24854424)
if you link 2 accounts to one CC number, one or both accounts will get flagged and you'll find the error message to call CPS when you try to load. They will then ask you to upload the CC together with a pic ID.

It's safer to link a CC to just one account UNLESS the CC numbers are different like those of CapOne and other CCs where AU cards have different numbers and CVV. Some people have success loading with a CC in their name and then deleting it so it can be loaded to another Serve account. IMO, it's best to keep one amex CC linked to just one Serve account. Use your discretion on what you think is best.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to link to one Serve account and leave it at that.

I haven't opened the wife's Serve (or Bluebird account yet). I have a bunch of Visa GCs I'll need to unload over the next few months, so trying to decide whether I really need to open one up for her. The less trips I have to make to Walmart the better, but after the pain I just went through at Bluebird on both our accounts I'm really trying to keep this setup as simple as possible.

DaveInLA May 22, 2015 9:23 am

I haven't hard Serve since Redbird came out, now I'm thinking of switching back to meet minimum spend. Frequentmiler's post today indicated that AMEX loads onto Serve will count toward minimum spend. Is this confirmed? Also, I thought AMEX cards still earned points as purchases for this, but he said they don't. Is this confirmed also?

DaveInLA May 22, 2015 9:24 am

Also, anybody have experience switching from Serve to RB, then back to Serve again? Any issues with that?

cdog999 May 22, 2015 9:32 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 24854707)
Also, anybody have experience switching from Serve to RB, then back to Serve again? Any issues with that?

I went from Bluebird to Serve/softcard to Bluebird (closed due to TOS violation - checking account linked to both mine and my wife's bluebird) back to Serve (just approved today for Serve).

The biggest painpoint for me was when Bluebird permanently locked my account. I had to get ahold of a few supervisors and finally found one I was able to plead my case to (which he agreed with me and manually closed my account completely).

I have no clue whether or not they frown on the back and forth movement. I'm currently deciding whether its even worth the effort to open up a new card for my wife (only one Amex credit card so only a benefit there on one account).

Honestly, I probably should have just left my Softcard/Serve account open, but when I saw the softcard was ending I just decided to switch back to Bluebird at that moment. Minor mistake...

MisterEdF May 22, 2015 5:59 pm

For those of us still with (former)SOFTSERVE that is currently still working with non-Amex cards are we able to change credit cards without being "disconnected" from our ability to STILL use non-Amex cards? I'd hate to remove a card then lose it all.

I'm sure it is answered somewhere in the 1400+ messages but that's a lot of reading!

DaveInLA May 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Excellent. I manage 3 cards. I will probably MS $5000/month with AMEX OBC and maybe a few thousand $ with Ink using $200 VGC. It would make sense for me to keep 2 RB due to convenience of Target. I'll convert 1 RB to Serve then.

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 24854739)
I went from Bluebird to Serve/softcard to Bluebird (closed due to TOS violation - checking account linked to both mine and my wife's bluebird) back to Serve (just approved today for Serve).

The biggest painpoint for me was when Bluebird permanently locked my account. I had to get ahold of a few supervisors and finally found one I was able to plead my case to (which he agreed with me and manually closed my account completely).

I have no clue whether or not they frown on the back and forth movement. I'm currently deciding whether its even worth the effort to open up a new card for my wife (only one Amex credit card so only a benefit there on one account).

Honestly, I probably should have just left my Softcard/Serve account open, but when I saw the softcard was ending I just decided to switch back to Bluebird at that moment. Minor mistake...

LWT3 May 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 24854707)

I had one Serve for me and one for my wife. Then I switched us to two RBs. Then I switched my wife back to Serve. I plan to keep my RB a while longer, so we'll have one of each. No problems switching back and forth.

LWT3 May 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 24854702)
I haven't hard Serve since Redbird came out, now I'm thinking of switching back to meet minimum spend. Frequentmiler's post today indicated that AMEX loads onto Serve will count toward minimum spend. Is this confirmed? Also, I thought AMEX cards still earned points as purchases for this, but he said they don't. Is this confirmed also?

Third party Amex cards, like the FIA Fidelity Amex, earn points. "Real" Amex cards don't. No direct experience regarding minimum spend, but I've read that same assertion multiple times.

MikailSJ May 23, 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by kkwong5 (Post 24834950)
Hey All, Read through the previous post as well as the wiki and i dont think i saw this addressed by anyone.

I got the Amex Gold Card which offers 50k points for $1000 spending minimum. I understand server load doesn't get points but says does count torwards minimum spending. However after the billing cycle closed and I paid the account back down to $0 balance no bonus points have posted.

I charges $1500 through serve since I had a ISIS account.

Any one else experience that?

Are the points pending? Sometimes the points don't post immediately (like my cards)