Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank adverse action

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Try to find a grocery store like Kroger to do credit card bill payments with cash using CheckFreePay (to VISA or MASTERCARD). I regularly make 2k cash payments and the people at Fred Meyer don't blink an eye. Fee is $2.00
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:13 am

Has anyone that had their accounts closed by US Bank attempt to open any new accounts a year or more later?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Has anyone that had their accounts closed by US Bank attempt to open any new accounts a year or more later?
3-4 years ago, all our US bank accounts and Club Carson cards in the household were closed due to MO deposit( a couple thousands $$), although we had the banking account for 17 years with them. one year later, I first successfully opened a checking account again, and then the Club Carson credit card, SO tried serveral times to get the credit card, but never got approved. About 9 months later, they closed my checking and Club Carlson cards AGAIN. I called and asked why, they said that my checking and CC applications fell out crack, they should never have been opened/approved. After they devalued Club Carson program, we will never touch anything related to US bank.

why come back to them, What you want from them?

Last edited by liw5215; Jan 15, 2016 at 1:27 pm
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:41 pm

ha kinda funny that i just read this thread... i remember being at a us bank and depositing MO's in roughly the same timeframe... and i distinctly remember having the talkative branch manager go on this little riff about money laundering right after she pulled my account history. it was out of left field too.. she basically saw MOs on the account and started subtle accusations
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:51 am

I'm curious if we will get approved for the new fidelity visa, and if it will stay open
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
After they devalued Club Carson program, we will never touch anything related to US bank.

why come back to them, What you want from them?
^^^This!

My wife has had an account with them for 35+ years and is too stubborn to drop them.

I tried them out for the flexperks account and ended up opening a checking account with them (briefly). At first I just thought they were just very old fashioned and conservative, but when it can take days or even weeks for a transaction to post (and never shows as pending) it's no longer a case of poorly designed software and falls closer to being outright fraud in my mind. Every single CSR I've talked to either was completely incompetent or flat out lied to me.

My understanding is that the Fidelity CC would be transferred to USBank without having to re-apply. If not, and with the death of Serve I might just let it go. It's really not worth the frustration to deal with them.

I still remember back in 2009 when my wife received a five figure severence check from her job. Depositing it at the drive through the teller acted like it must be some kind of money laundering. Perhaps I should ask my wife to deposit some MO for me.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:00 pm

Ugh, was planning on using my US bank account for a few MOs/month. Maybe not now. I have an account because I got a $200 bonus with DD. I do like my flexperks though so US bank is not all bad for me.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:16 pm

I know how niche this would be, but I'd be interested in seeing what happens when a person who had been banned by US Bank gets a Fidelity FIA card transferred over to Elan.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Phantom707
I know how niche this would be, but I'd be interested in seeing what happens when a person who had been banned by US Bank gets a Fidelity FIA card transferred over to Elan.
/whistle....
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
/whistle....
Neat. For spectators, that is. Probably not for you.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jrseattle
Try to find a grocery store like Kroger to do credit card bill payments with cash using CheckFreePay (to VISA or MASTERCARD). I regularly make 2k cash payments and the people at Fred Meyer don't blink an eye. Fee is $2.00
Can you better define "regularly"? Would be interested to know adverse action from USBank related to checkfreepay payments...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Can you better define "regularly"? Would be interested to know adverse action from USBank related to checkfreepay payments...
You are quoting a response from March 2015. The MS world has drastically changed in one year, so not really applicable any longer.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Ugly breakups with Barclays/Citi/Chase/USB
CFP to US Bank; Volume; Pain in the ....

I've got an insight and two questions.

I recently picked up the Elan Fido Visa. If you thought FIA was a pain in the ..., you're in for a rude awakening. Elan CS is an absolute cluster. You can call up CS/Fraud, and have them sit on the line with you as you make a Simon purchase, and the charge will fail. They say there is nothing they can do, as it's completely up to the system to detect fraud. Furthermore, they offer no fraud alert messaging/email. When you get a decline, there is no option to clear with text/email, hell they don't even have an option to call you. You must call regular CS, then be transferred to fraud.

What kind of volume is safe to put thru grocery with FlexPerks? Furthermore, is CFP to FlexPerks Visa or Elan Fido a kosher payment method?

Are there any datapoints of shutdown for using US Bank ATMs to deposit MO into Alliant? I've used this method going thru PNC to another CU. The nice thing is that Alliant/CU are not reviewing the deposits to verify amounts, and instead it's handled by another bank that just verifies amounts. In theory, US Bank shouldn't really care because they can just point fingers at Alliant. But I do have a vested interested in maintaining a relationship with US Bank, so I'd like to be certain.

Last edited by statesmokes409; Apr 13, 2016 at 12:43 pm
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:54 am

I wouldn't MS with Flexperks. The system AND customer service reps are fraud-sensitive.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brito11
I wouldn't MS with Flexperks. The system AND customer service reps are fraud-sensitive.
I've been using my FP cards for MS since at least 2014. I think it's a matter of whether you catch their attention. I haven't so far, but that could end tomorrow, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.