Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank adverse action

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
All my US Bank cards got shut down, merry f***ing christmas to me. I have no checking account, so my guess is with MSpend.

Out of curiosity, for those who got the short end of the stick, are we banned from US Bank? Has anyone tried to negotiate with their fraud team to reinstate the account? How about applying for the same cards a few months down the road?

We can take this to PM if it's sensitive information. Thanks!
Can you give us some numbers to get an idea of what US Bank didn't like? Sorry to hear this.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:41 am
Suspended

All my US Bank cards got shut down, merry f***ing christmas to me. I have no checking account, so my guess is with MSpend.

Out of curiosity, for those who got the short end of the stick, are we banned from US Bank? Has anyone tried to negotiate with their fraud team to reinstate the account? How about applying for the same cards a few months down the road?

No checking acct!? How were you MSing? getting MOs and going into a branch and paying off your CC? What was your CL and were you prepaying what you spent? did you purchase other items? Or did you mean you have checking accts just not with USB?

Last edited by craz; Dec 25, 2014 at 11:50 am
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.

I also just got the shutdown letter. I did a lot of MS on my flexperks card, but virtually none on my other US Bank CCs. But they shut down all of them.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I also just got the shutdown letter. I did a lot of MS on my flexperks card, but virtually none on my other US Bank CCs. But they shut down all of them.
bummer, now Im getting alittle bit worried as I have a ton of pts. But my avg monthly charges were $4k+ as I used it for my PP MC cards which was the max I could load and so that way maxed out the 2x for Gas , gonna miss hitting the 7s, will replace it with RLDits at supermkts, just wont get as many as I was hoping to in order to remain below the radar

Flex is a great CC $79 in fees for a r/t tkt NY-LA/SD/SF although going forward to max out the RDMs you need to fly on AA, and they just me 10K for getting their Amex Flex as well
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
We had a Club Carlson shutdown recently for, "improper purposes" which, for over the previous year, was.... recurring utility payments. Our electric bill isn't four figures, so we're not running a MJ grow house.

We offered to discuss their concerns and answer their questions, so far stone. cold. silence.

So we're going to file a CFPB complaint. We paid our annual fee earlier this year, and unless they intent to refund it, we expect to receive the benefits for the remainder of the agreed-to period.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Sorry for your misfortune, but nobody should really be surprised at this (the bolded part). That's pretty much expected.

When a bank decides to fire you as a customer, they don't fire one credit card account and leave themselves exposed with others in your name. They've decided that you, as a customer, are a risk they don't think is worth taking, so they're done with you. All banks behave this way, and if you stop and look at things from their perspective, it makes perfect sense.

Personally I don't have Flexperks card so don't have any skin in this game, but others here might benefit from a detail or two about your experience. When you say...

...I did a lot of MS on my flexperks card...
What exactly is "a lot" to you, and what sorts did you do?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
We had a Club Carlson shutdown recently for, "improper purposes" which, for over the previous year, was.... recurring utility payments. Our electric bill isn't four figures, so we're not running a MJ grow house.
Before you head off to file that CFPB complaint...

First, it seems unlikely that "Club Carlson" - the hotel loyalty program - shut you down (or did you steal a lot of towels?). You probably mean that US Bank shut you down, eh?

Honestly, you did *nothing* with any USBank account (the Club Carlson visa or others) that they might view as sketchy? You're saying that this bank took action against you because you used their Club Carlson credit card to pay your utility bills? There's nothing more to the story? Hmmm....
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:06 pm

Wow, I predicted this would happen but some saying NO. just called to verify and all good and blah blah. The people approving your large MS purchase are not the risk assessment people. There is a separate department in all credit card companies and their only job is to SHUT DOWN cards.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Sorry for your misfortune, but nobody should really be surprised at this (the bolded part). That's pretty much expected.

When a bank decides to fire you as a customer, they don't fire one credit card account and leave themselves exposed with others in your name. They've decided that you, as a customer, are a risk they don't think is worth taking, so they're done with you. All banks behave this way, and if you stop and look at things from their perspective, it makes perfect sense.
--Yeah, although people who were spending six figures per month on their Amex Blue cash didn't lose their other Amex cards. Now I'm just hoping I'm not banned for life.

Personally I don't have Flexperks card so don't have any skin in this game, but others here might benefit from a detail or two about your experience. When you say...

What exactly is "a lot" to you, and what sorts did you do?
--I don't want to publish the exact amount, but it was somewhat more than my Credit Line (never more than 2x) each month in Kiva Loans and occasional gift cards at the grocery store or loads to my Target Amex.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:13 pm

Curious how long it took for others to actually have their club carlson card show as closed? My credit report still shows it open, when I login it is still generating statements.

I even just received an email from them that I can "count on them!" for fraud protection...

Meanwhile, my card was supposedly closed over 3 months ago...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Curious how long it took for others to actually have their club carlson card show as closed? My credit report still shows it open, when I login it is still generating statements.

I even just received an email from them that I can "count on them!" for fraud protection...

Why was it closed? For MS? Where did you use it?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
First, it seems unlikely that "Club Carlson" - the hotel loyalty program - shut you down (or did you steal a lot of towels?). You probably mean that US Bank shut you down, eh?

Honestly, you did *nothing* with any USBank account (the Club Carlson visa or others) that they might view as sketchy? You're saying that this bank took action against you because you used their Club Carlson credit card to pay your utility bills? There's nothing more to the story? Hmmm....
Yes, I am talking about USB; used CC mention to differentiate from FP.

The recent closure was my SO's account, no MS- just straight spend to meet the bonus, then recurring bill payments. Same last name, same address as me... who parted ways with USB about two years ago.

Then I applied for a USB CC, to see if I was going to be, "let in from the cold", and my SO's account is summarily closed the day after my app. Coincidence? I think not. Allowable by FCRA? We'll see. Using SO's data when evaluating and individual's credit risk... questionable. But that's never stopped USB.

And though the Radisson towels are quite soft, I don't have any for personal use.

Originally Posted by exarkun

My SO received a balance transfer offer today. Can't log in, though.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
The recent closure was my SO's account, no MS- just straight spend to meet the bonus, then recurring bill payments. Same last name, same address as me... who parted ways with USB about two years ago.

Then I applied for a USB CC, to see if I was going to be, "let in from the cold", and my SO's account is summarily closed the day after my app. Coincidence? I think not. Allowable by FCRA? We'll see. Using SO's data when evaluating and individual's credit risk... questionable. But that's never stopped USB.
It certainly wouldn't be the first time that an account was closed (at least in part) over concerns about another member of the same household - lots of reports of such in the various "X bank closed my accounts are clawed back my mountain of points" threads.

In what way did you "part ways" with USB two years ago? Did you just get tired of those nice soft towels at the Raddison, or did USB lay down some smack on you for creative activities they didn't like? If it was the latter, then the closure of your SO's account, though sad to hear about, would be a little more understandable.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:08 pm

address is blacklisted
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
No way! Banks aren't into Blacklisting - they are into Redlining!

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
address is blacklisted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.