Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WM Charges 4.95 to reload at kiosk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
I didn't mention it. They told me that. They probably know the same way they code the register for people who have to do the cancel credit trick when trying to purchase a MO.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:29 am

This is not a GC issue. I deposited CASH to my Serve at the kiosk yesterday and was charged the $3.95 fee. Called Serve to get the fee refunded.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:48 am

Why would anyone deposit cash onto Serve?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by mrmandel
Because it was more convenient than my banks ATM. I hate having cash in my wallet.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by mrmandel
AFT cash withdrawals?
Many things.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:33 am

WM Charges 4.95 to reload at kiosk

I didn't use a gift card. I didn't use the money that is sitting in my Serve account that they told me didn't load and was credited back to my Buxx account. I reported this incident to help others on this forum deal with an irritating glitch that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.
Are you (deant) seriously suggesting that I "make this right" by going back to Walmart? As if I did something wrong here? As if there is a snowball's chance in hell that would straighten this out?
I have no doubt that Serve will figure out how to get back money they are due without me trying to straighten this out with the brilliant cashiers at Walmart. When it's their money they probably act faster than when they're holding onto our money. And I hope they factor in the $3.95 fee that was mistakenly slipped in there. But I am offended by the insinuation that was made by deant and suggest that deant think twice before posting such judgmental comments.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: UR(ink bold; Freedom), Skymiles Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold)
Originally Posted by taildragger
I didn't use a gift card. I didn't use the money that is sitting in my Serve account that they told me didn't load and was credited back to my Buxx account. I reported this incident to help others on this forum deal with an irritating glitch that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.
Are you (deant) seriously suggesting that I "make this right" by going back to Walmart? As if I did something wrong here? As if there is a snowball's chance in hell that would straighten this out?
I have no doubt that Serve will figure out how to get back money they are due without me trying to straighten this out with the brilliant cashiers at Walmart. When it's their money they probably act faster than when they're holding onto our money. And I hope they factor in the $3.95 fee that was mistakenly slipped in there. But I am offended by the insinuation that was made by deant and suggest that deant think twice before posting such judgmental comments.
Amen
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii
Just spoke to level 2 support at Serve. I was told this was a Walmart issue and mentioned the fee may be charged going forward using GC. I too was charged a 3.95 fee using a GC. I tried again with my bank debit (chase), and no issues. Not looking good!!!
So a "Level 2" customer support operator at Serve has the inside scoop on what Walmart's strategic direction is going forward? Somehow WalMart - a publicly traded company - conveyed this "material fact" to a telephone rep in India rather than via a press release or SEC filing?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by congo287
I just got back from WM and was reloading my serve card using the kiosk. I was reloading with 2 $500 simmon's GC and when I look at my balance only 496.05 was added to the balance. It seems like I was charged 4.95 for every time I loaded. I first used the walmart moneycard option and then I tried the bluebird option and both still charged me 4.95 per load. Am i doing something wrong?
Could you please change in the title $4.95 to $3.95? Other than this, it is a very accurate description of what happened. After a couple of days, the "issue" still exists. People affected need to call Serve support to get good-faith credits back to their accounts.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:22 am

Maybe I need to switch back to to BB from Serve...appears BB loads are not having these charges, correct?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Maybe I need to switch back to to BB from Serve...appears BB loads are not having these charges, correct?
By the time you do that, this will be fixed.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
By the time you do that, this will be fixed.
Most likely...plus there are a couple weeks before I can start loading again anyways, so I'll ride it out.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Called in this morning about the charges on 6/11
She told said something about a $25 dollar credit.

I didn't push it any further. She told me I'd see it on my account after X dept. handles it.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:22 am

another data point, i called in and they adjusted the fees back. they said they are working on fixing the problem and will not be a long standing issue.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:34 am

Got a really screwed up issue here with some Serve loads. Posting here instead of a separate thread since I know most everyone here uses Serve or BB to load and hoping someone has seen this before.

So - right before Serve started accepting loads at WM, we had canceled my Wife's card to switch her to BB. But, we ended up getting her a new Serve card earlier this month.

She has just started doing some of the loading work for me since she is out near a WM more often than I am. She loads both my BB and her Serve at the Kiosk. We are loading them with vanillavisa

Anyway, she did her first 2x$500 loads on the Serve card on 6/9 - those show properly on the web site. She did another 2x$500 on 6/11 and since I am just doing the books now I see a discrepancy.

On the Serve site it is showing those two loads in the amount of $496.05 each instead of $500. That's a weird amount since it is $3.95 less than $500 which sounds interesting because that is the same cost of the vv cards.

I checked the cards on the vv website and they both show they were loaded and drained for $500. So it wouldn't appear that the problem wasn't there.

Looking at the receipts from the kiosk load - this is what is strange:

Her first load on the 11th was loading into an account with $1000 in it already (as the website properly shows the 2x$500 on the 9th). Yet, the "Beginning Balance" listed on her first load on the 11th says $996.05 and shows the $500 load with an end balance of $1496.05.

Then, 1 minute later when she goes to load the 2nd card the receipt shows her "Beginning Balance" of $1492.10. That's $3.95 less than the End Balance shows just a few seconds earlier.

The only thing that might make sense (other than a mistake) is some sort of transaction fee that was being charged by the WM Kiosk. But, as far as I know there is absolutely nothing like that being done. My wife loaded my BB just after her Serve and there are no issues, and she has loaded them before so she knows how to do it.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is up? I am going to have to wait for her to call Serve, but I have a feeling they are likely to be confused as well.

Last edited by cbn42; Jun 13, 2014 at 1:38 pm Reason: moved as requested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.