Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by ntr91
I'm wondering if there was a deal in which Incomm took over the backend of BB/Serve loading, and WM agreed to slowly block unregistered Bancorp products from being used for cash-equivalent transactions.
As far as I can tell, Incomm has always done the cash register loads for the Serve platform.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dockdogs
So are Meta / US Bank still working for anyone?
Is the wiki broken where you are?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by commdiver
The problem with these non-WM places, at least in my experience, is that they catch on quickly. I always get the "Why are you using a different card for each transaction?" (they look the the receipts that print out) line right before they boot me.
This. It can be really hard to push any sort of real numbers through the non-walmart locations. I've been shut down at two different stores for just 1x$1000 money orders. Could also have been other idiots pushing way too hard, but still, not much beat being able to walk out of a walmart with as many MO's as you needed.

I secretly hope the additional work causes a lot of people to give this up and just focus on meeting min spends and such.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by rharrigill
These debates add no useful information to the thread. Please stop trying to prove to a stranger on the internet that you are "right" about something.
There are a lot of small e-peens around here. Everyone wants to say that theirs is bigger.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by thepaul500
This. It can be really hard to push any sort of real numbers through the non-walmart locations. I've been shut down at two different stores for just 1x$1000 money orders. Could also have been other idiots pushing way too hard, but still, not much beat being able to walk out of a walmart with as many MO's as you needed.

I secretly hope the additional work causes a lot of people to give this up and just focus on meeting min spends and such.
What do they tell you? the few locations near me that allow debit for MO clearly state $2.5k/day limit
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:43 pm

Good Lord...Can we stop arguing about whose fault it is? At this point, it really does not matter. Even if the people showing their cards are 100% at fault, they obviously do not care and will continue doing so. We might as well move on.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:46 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
last few pages of discussion have been hilarious, everything from ppl blaming bloggers to newbs to ppl showing their cards to frontline employees (as if the min wage workers magically wave an IT wand and change system dynamics instantly).... its clear what 'killed' this are not necessarily the relatively small-time hordes, or newbs or even those that threw fits... but rather those pushing HUGE numbers at the WMs in their area.

you didnt think anyone was gonna notice and take nationwide action? $1M/month stands out like a sore thumb anywhere, you dont need a special algorithm for that. these are the folks who ruined it imho.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:46 pm

Seems that WM aims to reduce the churning volume. Substituting Metabank GCs for Vanilla GCs doesn't do that. Making all GCs subject to the $99 max will result in multiple swipes -- very taxing on cashiers. I expect further system changes from WM.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity
What do they tell you? the few locations near me that allow debit for MO clearly state $2.5k/day limit
Are you talking about Giant? They have that limit, but have no problem booting you once they notice multiple GCs being used. Getting one or two MOs of $500 each is just not worth it. At that point, you might as well get a second job at McDonald's to pay for the flights.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
As far as I can tell, Incomm has always done the cash register loads for the Serve platform.
Which makes it even more likely that they told WM to stop taking GCs for cash equivalents, and that WM listened.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
Are you talking about Giant? They have that limit, but have no problem booting you once they notice multiple GCs being used. Getting one or two MOs of $500 each is just not worth it. At that point, you might as well get a second job at McDonald's to pay for the flights.
Giant regional equivalent. I've found it depends on the cashier whether or not they actually care. If I see my go to working, no problem to do 5 x 500. If its someone else, I keep on walking.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity
Giant regional equivalent. I've found it depends on the cashier whether or not they actually care. If I see my go to working, no problem to do 5 x 500. If its someone else, I keep on walking.
Eh, here it seems to be everyone. I think the "Can I get five MOs for $449.41 each?" also raises questions. With WM, I always gave them the 70 cents in coins and got $500 MOs, but carrying 59 cents multiple times is a bit more annoying than carrying two quarters and two dimes for each MO.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I guess. Since you keep editing it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
you didnt think anyone was gonna notice and take nationwide action? $1M/month stands out like a sore thumb anywhere, you dont need a special algorithm for that. these are the folks who ruined it imho.
Just a few days ago I was doing a WMBP at a nearby bigger city (mine has 0 MSing) and the young woman said they'd gotten a call from Checkfree inquiring about the volume of billpays from their store. Not coincidentally I'm sure, she'd immediately noticed four cards in my hand and said, "You'll be doing $500 on each, right?" NEVER had that happened to me. She was smooth and well versed about the process. When I forgot to press cancel once, she said, "I'm going to need you to press cancel." I don't think "newbies" cultivated that kind of attention and detail.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Dockdogs
So are Meta / US Bank still working for anyone?
It wasnt me that you were asking; but, FYI - the wiki doesn't appear in the mobile app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.