Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by hamhead
Can't we just ban the OP by popular consent.

A vote off the island kinda thing.
can we vote out newuser0?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sechs
Are these issues only happening on the newer systems with the color pad *and* after a software update?

Non-updated color systems still good? Older, monochrome systems still good?
My WM still uses black & white screen pad & I had this issue. (after update)
Old May 29, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by newuser0

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
Well, the cash out is always an issue. I appreciate that everyone has a different take, but, spend down? Get out of the game? Hard to hear it but if you can't spend down what you float, it's bound to catch up to you at some point.

I'd try a different Walmart. Worst case: drive to that target.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:19 pm

Something seems to have changed today... I had issues reloading my Serve card with OV's (see my post in the Serve thread).

Last edited by pwned; May 29, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Old May 29, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I think newuo is really MM in an alter ego pulling our chains.

He will soon recap the whole drama in a new song. Maybe we should be helping him with a title for the new tune. !!??!!
Old May 29, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
It happened to me today... The workaround is to:
1. Swipe OV
2. Cancel
3. ATM/Debit
4. No Cash Back
5. Enter the PIN
6. Ask Cashier to hit blue color Debit button on the screen
7. Enter $500
8. Authorized
I pressed cancel, but maybe it wasn't fast enough. Do you press the physical cancel button or the cancel button on the screen? And how fast were you pressing it after the swipe?

Another post also mentioned that the cashier cannot press anything on their end until we enter the PIN. Was that what you experienced?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:33 pm

Sorry, If I panicked anyone here. My MS life was going smooth till now and all of a sudden this happened and I have no money to pay, so got scared a bit. In life all things will not go as we expect and we need to take this. Anyhow lessons learned. Thanks all again for suggestions.
Glad it worked but I hope you heard. There were a lot of people here telling you to slow down, pause, or rethink what you are doing. If one glitch causes this much worry for you it's not a "hobby" or "extra addition" with a goal in mind.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:35 pm

Unsuccessful BB load at WM Kiosk

Just got back from my local WM where I was able to successfully load my BB with OV earlier this week using the Kiosk. Today however, after going through the entire transaction at the Kiosk, I received an error message at the end with a receipt that says 'Debit not approved. Call Authorizer'.

I then tried my luck with a human at the Money Center and he said the OV card was going through as credit and not debit.

Frustrated, I left and came home to check this thread....hope this a short term glitch and not something permanent.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:39 pm

I completely agree with your statements. Sometimes, I really feel I am kinda addicted to this MS and all, and can't stop this all at once. I will get my debts off soon. Thanks

This is like watching a bad horror movie. Entertaining but you know how it ends.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Has OV changed? It automatically transacts as a credit card. I tried pressing cancel but nothing works

For MO or bird feeding?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Wiki for you.

Feel free to edit.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
K.. OVs are the new MCs.. Move on..

Just follow the process you do with MCs..
Old May 29, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
K.. OVs are the new MCs.. Move on..

Just follow the process you do with MCs..
Not only that.
Split for MO is now after swipe and entering PIN. Like already in BP system. (see wiki )
Old May 29, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Just got back from WM loading my BB with OV with Kate who's been "out of order" since early April.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pier11
Not only that.
Split is now after swipe and entering PIN. Like already in BP system. (see wiki )
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22941297-post5728.html

Consider OVs as MCs..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.