Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:40 pm

Beans are back in business!

Just did a $499.30 MO with OV at Kate. This after numerous failed attempts over the last week and a half. Finally dumped to Serve at FD over the weekend.

I'm at my Serve and BB limits this month so I have to wait until the 1st to start rolling again. In the meantime I'll be hitting up CVS and WG to dump the 5k AGCs that I received today from my order over the weekend. Staples GCs on the way as well so Labor Day will likely involve a lot of quality time with Kate.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by kidnjimmy
so Labor Day will likely involve a lot of quality time with Kate
or not
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:14 pm

2 confirms only from new accounts, not that i doubt you or anything and it wont really put a hamper in my mood to try it, but i would love more datapoints!

although, my load limit is maxed so i have to wait til the first anyway...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by kidnjimmy
Beans are back in business!

Just did a $499.30 MO with OV at Kate. This after numerous failed attempts over the last week and a half. Finally dumped to Serve at FD over the weekend.

I'm at my Serve and BB limits this month so I have to wait until the 1st to start rolling again. In the meantime I'll be hitting up CVS and WG to dump the 5k AGCs that I received today from my order over the weekend. Staples GCs on the way as well so Labor Day will likely involve a lot of quality time with Kate.
YES!!!! I was just debating whether to buy beans again.

btw, for those who have friendly WAG, I saw tags in their giftcard area advertising buy ANY 2 Vanilla GCs, get a $5 WAG giftcard. Best part is the ad is showing OV $500 YMMV on whether your store will sell 2 OVs in one transaction. Use persuasion instead of fighting with cashier, they may just let you buy 2.

Last edited by Mamibear; Aug 26, 2014 at 2:24 pm Reason: corrected gc amount
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Another datapoint that OVs loaded at both Kate and register (with workaround) for me just a few minutes ago. Now, let's hope this isn't just a temporary glitch in the system.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:46 pm

Damn....

I'm bitter I maxed it via alternate methods. I'd rather not hold OVs if I don't have to anymore.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:49 pm

btw, friendly reminder to use your blue cash when you buy OVs at WAG for 5% CB plus your free $5 GC.

Last edited by Mamibear; Aug 26, 2014 at 2:26 pm Reason: corrected typo
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Are you talking about actual Chipotle restaurant gift cards or is this code for something?
I don't really know, but I'm pretty certain that was a joke.

Now if someone posted that Applebees gift cards were working for WMBP, that would be different.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Guesses to how long until WM's POS reverting back to not working and people begin whining about holding $5k in OV's?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
btw, friendly reminder to use your blue cash when you buy OVs at WAG for 5% CB plus your free $10 GC.
5% at Walgreens...??? Since when?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:17 pm

since walgreens has been a drugstore?

probably since they opened
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
5% at Walgreens...??? Since when?
if you use old amex blue at qualified grocery stores and drugstores, you get 5% CB (if you have met the $6.5K spend) for a long time now that I know of.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: None
Wink

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Guesses to how long until WM's POS reverting back to not working and people begin whining about holding $5k in OV's?
Their tears will be sweet nectar.

All business is risk. Any system with a single point of failure is very risky.

On the other hand, gotta make hay while the sun shines.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by VizeL
Damn....

I'm bitter I maxed it via alternate methods. I'd rather not hold OVs if I don't have to anymore.
You shouldn't be. You're at least one step ahead of the noobs.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Are you talking about actual Chipotle restaurant gift cards or is this code for something?
Actual gift cards. Same as Cracker Barrel cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.