Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone making a living out of this?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

I mean like $50k / year in MS? You don't have to tell me how you do it, I'm just curious to know if it's possible. Thx
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:43 pm

I just can't conceive of someone clearing that much money. Seems like the heaviest hitters are going after Mileage points for luxury trips around the world. To get that much straight cash seems unreal.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:03 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by fmakpartners
I mean like $50k / year in MS? You don't have to tell me how you do it, I'm just curious to know if it's possible. Thx
I believe there are a very limited few that can and do make this happen, but not so sure how long it can last.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:05 pm

You mean make 50k? That's 1 mil of MSing at 5% CB, nuts.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by uneeq
You mean make 50k? That's 1 mil of MSing at 5% CB, nuts.
And that is with no fees.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:11 pm

I think one could live off of working at a minimum wage job and heavy MS. MS alone would not be possible for the simple reason that the IRS would find some way to make MS taxable.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:55 pm

Not a full time living, but there have been more than a few weeks where I have made more cash in 15 minutes of daily MS than I have in a day at work. And I'm a relatively well paid attorney soooo.... Possible yes sustainable who knows.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:02 pm

There are people pulling in 50K a year. But having a job is important in that you need a certain income to play most games. I'm sure people making 50K now are not using the same tricks they were using a year or two ago, so it's not a "steady" income by any means.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:23 pm

i think it would be very doable if you had willing accomplices.

if you had your cards, SO, 2 parents and a couple of kids, the ms per person per month would be less than i do now. granted, in my eyes, i would be valuing points/miles along with cash back; as they could be monetized as well (selling award trips via CL or something like that).

i wouldn't want to do it, but it would be a a good income for a stay at home parent who enjoyed the game of it.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashap
Not a full time living, but there have been more than a few weeks where I have made more cash in 15 minutes of daily MS than I have in a day at work. And I'm a relatively well paid attorney soooo.... Possible yes sustainable who knows.
I don't see how that's physically possible. 15 minutes isn't much time swipe a lot of cards, and you'd need a whole lot of purchases to make an average attorney's daily salary at 5%.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:40 pm

I think if I was desperate and unemployed and had to - I could probably sustain a 50k salary on doing things like what is talked about on here for awhile - but I don't think it would be reliable (given that the high likelihood of getting shut down exists) or much longer than a year.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I don't see how that's physically possible. 15 minutes isn't much time swipe a lot of cards, and you'd need a whole lot of purchases to make an average attorney's daily salary at 5%.
Agreed. Seems pretty far fetched, unless he's probono!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:47 pm

There was that one thread where a guy had a corporation set up for MSing. Think it was all just a ruse but still fun to read.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:16 pm
Suspended

its quite easy if you are willing to put in the hard work, 50k is peanuts if you know the tips and tricks
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:20 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 29, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.