FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1555831-stores-sell-500-gcs-up-2019-a.html)

ZzzzX May 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by wolfie787 (Post 22904017)
Variable $20-$500. The shelves have been replenished and I bought one today! :)

Yes but they are a dollar more than OV, so I avoid them.

trippinbilly May 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 22920084)

I like Kroger because they also have good grocery sales and I easily get MOs as well. One stop shopping. :)

jan_believes May 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Deleted.

wolfie787 May 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Go with what makes you comfortable. Kroger is one of my sources of VGC and the fees vary from $3.95-$5.95. I like it that way! :)

ATWBY2020 Jun 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 22920304)
Fees: $29.75 + .68* - $30.18 = $.25

(*one MO, hold other for BB reloads)

Tried to PM you
Quick Q - may be dumb -
Other for BB reloads , so these GC can be loaded directly to BB ( at WM ) ?
Appreciate any information here.
Thanks

MDWCommuter Jun 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor! (Post 22871971)
Does anyone know if you can purchase two GC's for $500 each in the same transaction at Jewel?

Only at Customer Service. Cashiers can only ring one.

ZzzzX Jun 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 22920084)

And now, since the OV debacle, I'm all over the variable loads. Like the great coupons for them too. :p

MYRflyer Jun 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by wolfie787 (Post 22904017)
Variable $20-$500. The shelves have been replenished and I bought one today! :)

Anyone still receiving Fuel Rewards at Kroger with the purchase of variable load gc's?

jc0726 Jun 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor! (Post 22871971)
Does anyone know if you can purchase two GC's for $500 each in the same transaction at Jewel?

It requires override key when you buy more than one $500 VGC, at the Jewel that I frequent, the managers will override, no problem. But I usually try to avoid holding up the line, usually just pay at the CS desk or go to the USCAN attendant to pay.

ajhardee Jun 30, 2014 5:18 am

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter (Post 23116765)
Only at Customer Service. Cashiers can only ring one.

I bought a $500 Visa GC at Jewel this week and the paper on the inside said "you will not be issued a pin" Has anyone ran into this problem? I think the bank that issued the card was US national. I never did call the 800 number, i just used amazon payments to liquidate it, but after reading some posts, it seems as of April 1, 2013 all debit GC are suppose to be able to obtain a PIN. Any thoughts? BTW, I am trying to load my bluebird account since VOGC are no longer accepted.

lad2 Jun 30, 2014 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ajhardee (Post 23118752)
I bought a $500 Visa GC at Jewel this week and the paper on the inside said "you will not be issued a pin" Has anyone ran into this problem? I think the bank that issued the card was US national. I never did call the 800 number, i just used amazon payments to liquidate it, but after reading some posts, it seems as of April 1, 2013 all debit GC are suppose to be able to obtain a PIN. Any thoughts? BTW, I am trying to load my bluebird account since VOGC are no longer accepted.

Why not? You can set your PIN there.

ZzzzX Jun 30, 2014 6:24 am

This wiki has got to be the epitome of spoon feeding. Is it THAT hard to go into a store and look? For anyone that lazy, or large out of town groups--you just put a run on your store. Well done. Now that you know, Jan_believes, take it down!

AlohaDaveKennedy Jun 30, 2014 6:32 am

This is the tread that so wants to be closed.:rolleyes:

Let us pause to remember The Mint, The First Bank of the Spook, CVS VRs, Harris Teeter, SevenEleven, WalMart and the rest of our fallen friends. For those remaining opportunities about to die (from over publicity), we salute you!

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 23118942)
This wiki has got to be the epitome of spoon feeding. Is it THAT hard to go into a store and look? For anyone that lazy, or large out if town groups--you just put a run on your store. Well done.

workaccounttoday Jun 30, 2014 7:09 am

*sigh* went to a big city this weekend. Had tons of stores full of tasty metabank gift cards.

Damn you small town with your uppity grocery store workers!

jan_believes Jun 30, 2014 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX (Post 23118942)
This wiki has got to be the epitome of spoon feeding. Is it THAT hard to go into a store and look? For anyone that lazy, or large out of town groups--you just put a run on your store. Well done. Now that you know, Jan_believes, take it down!

Hi, ZzzzX, how are you? You want this thread closed, is that right? Has it lost ALL its benefit? I would just add that the thread was never meant to encompass ALL store possibilities. Is it the specificity of post 213 that one could extrapolate as being TOO informative that troubles?

It was meant to FOCUS on grocery stores because I was to be on travel and wanted to cover the grocery store bonus category while outside of my normal area where I could not purchase variable Visa/MC GCs at the local grocer (none there). It's my belief it has been helpful. It expanded info for others in other areas with other grocery store opportunities.