FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1555831-stores-sell-500-gcs-up-2019-a.html)

jan_believes Feb 27, 14 10:25 am

Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019)

Locally, the grocery store that has quite the monopoly, does not stock the Vanilla $20-$500 GCs.

I want to max out the BOA Cash Back bonus category for grocery store spending. Struck out w/VRs (they have those available) using CC payment. So, I thought, "ok, let me try GCs". All I need is three!

I am going on travel soon to a Kroger city. Curious if anybody knows if they have the $500 GCs. They have a great variety of GCs for sale normally. I could stop close to the airport unless my ride is in a hurry.

Thanks for responses. :)

mayday23 Feb 27, 14 10:31 am

Jewell does

particlemn Feb 27, 14 10:41 am

Ralphs does too

haloseven Feb 27, 14 11:03 am

Grocery Stores that sell $500 GCs

Kroger is good for variable visas @ 5.95. Also their money orders are better bc their pos will automatically drain a debit card and leave a remaining balance. You don't have to ask the cashier to key anything. Swipe pin enter. New balance, swipe pin enter done. Plus they have more teeth than the walmart clan. Generally nicer too

jonnyd13 Feb 27, 14 11:18 am

Winn Dixie, Sweetbay

GatorBlues Feb 27, 14 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by haloseven (Post 22429291)
Kroger is good for variable visas @ 5.95. Also their money orders are better bc their pos will automatically drain a debit card and leave a remaining balance. You don't have to ask the cashier to key anything. Swipe pin enter. New balance, swipe pin enter done. Plus they have more teeth than the walmart clan. Generally nicer too

First, the "more teeth" comment cracked me up. Nicely done.

Second, what's a MO run at Kroger and how high will they let you go on the amount? I need to pay a $2,000 deposit on my kids' school tuition and was thinking about trying to do it with a MO from Kroger in Atlanta.

spgbus Feb 27, 14 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 22429862)
First, the "more teeth" comment cracked me up. Nicely done.

Second, what's a MO run at Kroger and how high will they let you go on the amount? I need to pay a $2,000 deposit on my kids' school tuition and was thinking about trying to do it with a MO from Kroger in Atlanta.

No big deal for 2k. 3k will probably get you a form

haloseven Feb 27, 14 12:37 pm

Same as Walmart. $1k/69cents. I've pushed 3k about 3 times a week. I've pushed 5 with my favorite cashier. I asked her the limit, her response was 'as many as you want'. Tread lightly

thorax Feb 27, 14 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by haloseven (Post 22430032)
Same as Walmart. $1k/69cents. I've pushed 3k about 3 times a week. I've pushed 5 with my favorite cashier. I asked her the limit, her response was 'as many as you want'. Tread lightly

More than 1k requires additional info though right? Or have I been misinformed?

haloseven Feb 27, 14 12:52 pm

Never given them any info. I buy at several stores.

jan_believes Feb 27, 14 12:53 pm

So, looks like I should be ok with Kroger, thanks! :)

I was about to ask about Food Lion but probably won't need it....

billcard Feb 27, 14 1:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, which Bank of America card are you using? The ones I am most familiar with give a better bonus at gas stations and I didn't see any on the website that were better at grocery stores.

GatorBlues Feb 27, 14 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by haloseven (Post 22430032)

Can I do $2K in a single money order or do I have to do two separate ones for $1K each?

mayday23 Feb 27, 14 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 22430985)
Can I do $2K in a single money order or do I have to do two separate ones for $1K each?

my walmart forces me to break it into 2 transactions and the charge (70cents) is applied to each transaction.

jacobsta811 Feb 27, 14 2:58 pm

I didn't see any $500 Visas at my Kroger in IL, but they have 8 million of the mastercards of this type: http://romsdeals.com/wp-content/uplo...0321295569.jpg
They had some Visas of smaller amounts on the rack. If you've never been to a Kroger family store look around - mine has at least 3 separate gift card racks in addition to some random cards at the checkouts.