Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$20 off $300 Mastercard at OM (ongoing)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:33 pm

One OM allowed me to get 3x$600. According to the manager, any GC purchase over $2000 would require documentation, so I just stuck with 3. The rest of the OMs in my area enforced the two offers limit.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by particlemn
Got to meet 2 fellow fters at office max Lakewood all 3 successful in getting 3 each 200s
Must have just missed you. I just hit that one up for 3x200 as well

That was my 4th and final OM for today. The final three went like clockwork with no issues. Always casually asked if I could do another set and was denied (in a nice way). One gave me the money laundering speech and that the USG has specifically gotten with OM to limit money laundering Another gave me a speech about the GC companies realizing they weren't getting many new customers out of the deals so they are forcing the "max per customer" limits. I am far more inclined to believe the second argument.

However, my first OM was an absolute nightmare. Got there about 20 minutes after store opening. Assistant manager was being a total d!ck. When I got there, there was only one card out on the rack, so I asked the girl up front if someone could check inside. She said she can't leave the front (manning the checkout), but called someone else over who it turns out was the assistant manager. He opens it up and roots around for a while and then I notice some on the bottom. He proceeds to find three full packs (i.e. 30 cards). he then tells me that someone had come in earlier (i.e. in the 20 minutes before I got to the store) and had cleared off the rack of 200's.

He opens one pack and hands me one card. I ask for a second and he curtly says "It's only good for two per customer". I reply that it is two offers per customer, not two cards. He goes off to check the ad, reads it and comes back saying he is right and it is only two per customer. I have the ad in my hand and show him two offers, not cards and that the two cards in my hand will not get me 2 offers (i.e. $40 off). He then proceeds to say that because of the limited stock (i.e. the 29 cards he still has in his hands) he won't sell me anymore because he needs to make sure that future customers can buy them. When I counter that he had just told me that another customer had cleared off their rack, so obviously people can buy more, he replies that he's not going to argue about this and I can either take the 2 in my hands or he can put them back on the shelf for me He then walks away and hides the rest of the $200 MCs behind the front desk...

I took the two and checked out with the original girl I asked (who heard this entire exchange). I ask her for the name of the store manager and when he works usually so I can call him. I'll be making that call on Monday.

It's one thing when someone won't bend the rules. I'm definitely not going to make a stick about that. It's a totally different thing when the store will not follow their own ad and makes up rules including limiting purchases of items that are in stock. Some might call that bait and switch.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:11 pm

my OM clerk mentioned something about money laundering too (very young kid, maybe 18)...it didn't stop him from selling me the cards, or even asking for id, but it is definitely something that they're being fed.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did 4x$200 because that's all the $200 GCs they had, and got the $40 off. There's another OM on the East Side, but I'm not eager to make the trip.

I'm planning on turning them into MOs at WM. Does anyone have the exact procedure for doing that at the WM CS desk? The instructions I have are for loading to BB.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:54 pm

After missing out on the PP/WG deal few days back acted fast and scored 5K+ worth in total....

Out of the 4 I visited only one enforced $600 limit (or 2*20 discount)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I got 4 cards(2*200) and DW was able to get 2 cards(2*200). Manager did not allow more cards to be purchased.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:08 pm

Purchased 3 x $200 at 3 OM in So Cal. Each was very well stocked, but enforcing the limit.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
By reading this
I figure I was the most conservative of all of you
My transaction total came to a small but meaningful $500 on ink
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Chase Amazon has 2x Office Supplies. Or use airline cards to accrue points.
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Ink Plus

I simply called Chase and asked them to move available credit from another chase card to my ink. The other option would be to ask them to increase your credit limit.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
"Code 10" and FinCEN issues.... Heads up

Yep....thats what I have to deal with at my nearest unfriendly OM....

A total of 7 OM in my area....got 3x$200 at 3 different OM stores....before aborting....here is why:

The first OM I went to I noticed the "code 10" memo at all registers .....grabbed 6x$200 and the cashier immediately said "code 10" in her mic ...supervisor allowed me to buy only 3x$200 per ad terms...I believe the supervisor may have contacted the other OM stores for "heads up"...I'am afraid I look familiar to them from previous promos....because at the second OM store when the supervisor saw the 6 $200 MC and he grabbed the FinCEN form and said these are required for multiple gc purchases ACROSS ALL OM STORES,I refused to fill the form due to privacy concerns and mentioned Target as an example ,he understood my concern and allowed me to buy 3x$200 ....the third OM allowed me to buy 3 more with no issues....however at the 4th one, the assistant manager told me again that a FinCEN form with all kind of personal info is required for gift card purchases totaling $2000 or more since YOU ALREADY BOUGHT THE SAME GIFT CARDS AT 2 OTHER STORES TODAY!....I confirmed that I did but again refused....so I guess they do communicate if they suspect something...anybody experience something like this ?

And get this....wife went to same first OM with the "code 10" memo ...and apparently the same supervisor noticed the 3x$200 in her hands and "volunteered" to help her and asked if she is going to buy more cards from other OM stores?!....So based on this exchange I told my wife to just abort the mission after getting the cards from that store (she was on her way to the second one) because we didn't want to be banned from OM stores...I will avoid that particular store for future promos ....hopefully its not too late...

Edit:I took a pic of the code 10 memo but looks like I'am having trouble posting it here ,its in my gallery album ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...1-img-1109.jpg

Last edited by OHijAAzi73; Jan 19, 2014 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Yep....thats what I have to deal with at my nearest unfriendly OM....

A total of 7 OM in my area....got 3x$200 at 3 different OM stores....before aborting....here is why:

The first OM I went to I noticed the "code 10" memo at all registers .....grabbed 6x$200 and the cashier immediately said "code 10" in her mic ...supervisor allowed me to buy only 3x$200 per ad terms...I believe the supervisor may have contacted the other OM stores for "heads up"...I'am afraid I look familiar to them from previous promos....because at the second OM store when the supervisor saw the 6 $200 MC and he grabbed the FinCEN form and said these are required for multiple gc purchases ACROSS ALL OM STORES,I refused to fill the form due to privacy concerns and mentioned Target as an example ,he understood my concern and allowed me to buy 3x$200 ....the third OM allowed me to buy 3 more with no issues....however at the 4th one, the assistant manager told me again that a FinCEN form with all kind of personal info is required for gift card purchases totaling $2000 or more since YOU ALREADY BOUGHT THE SAME GIFT CARDS AT 2 OTHER STORES TODAY!....I confirmed that I did but again refused....so I guess they do communicate if they suspect something...anybody experience something like this ?

And get this....wife went to same first OM with the "code 10" memo ...and apparently the same supervisor noticed the 3x$200 in her hands and "volunteered" to help her and asked if she is going to buy more cards from other OM stores?!....So based on this exchange I told my wife to just abort the mission after getting the cards from that store (she was on her way to the second one) because we didn't want to be banned from OM stores...I will avoid that particular store for future promos ....hopefully its not too late...

Edit:I took a pic of the code 10 memo but looks like I'am having trouble posting it here ,its in my gallery album ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...1-img-1109.jpg
So you tried to break the rules, they caught you and gave you a hard time but ultimately let you rack up some points at a profit. Seems fair to me.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:52 pm

Anyone have any trouble swiping these in at Walmart to BB?
Do you have to call and set a PIN or is it the last 4?

I realize you have to use the trick at the registers to hit some button as you are swiping for MC, as Visas you dont have to do this.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by golf7
Anyone have any trouble swiping these in at Walmart to BB?

I realize you have to use the trick at the registers to hit some button as you are swiping for MC, as Visas you dont have to do this.
I had no trouble getting them to my GB at the MC K.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:09 pm

bought 2x200 mc gc then another 2. Had to tell them to scan the coupon, took them awhile to find it but it worked.

Thought about hiding some gcs but didnt. So if your in orlando on colonial, go for it!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Set the pin on one today over the phone, used it at Costco as debit, and got $60 cash back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.