Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$20 off $300 Mastercard at OM (ongoing)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:53 pm

So in one transaction 200x4swipes = yes, but 200x5swipes = no due to limit of # of cards?

But 5 transactions of 200x1swipe each = ok?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Arch Devil
So in one transaction 200x4swipes = yes, but 200x5swipes = no due to limit of # of cards?

No... 200x3 swipes = yes for BB. 200x4 swipes = yes for MO, no for BB (despite what one poster claims, the rest of us have not been successful with this). 200x5 = no for anything. you can do any number of transactions with only 1 card each without issue.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:13 pm

In my experience, 200 x 4 debit swipes will NOT work. You are limited to 4 swipes, the reload card you use counts as your first swipe against the limit of 4.

Originally Posted by RedTeam10
Can anyone clarify this talk of multiple swipes per transaction?

Can I walk into a WM and ask to load $600 onto my BB and swipe 3 prepaid debit cards? Do I need to specify that each one is $200 each (split tender/transaction) or is the register smart enough to know that the debit card only has $200 loaded onto it?
It helps to ask for a "split-tender transaction" or more simplistically that you need to use 2-3 different DEBIT cards for your reload. The cashier has to manually key in the $200 amount for the first two $200 swipes. For the last $200 swipe of a split-tender transaction there is no need for the cashier to key in the amount as the system is already prepared to deduct exactly $200 from the last debit card.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
No... 200x3 swipes = yes for BB. 200x4 swipes = yes for MO, no for BB (despite what one poster claims, the rest of us have not been successful with this). 200x5 = no for anything. you can do any number of transactions with only 1 card each without issue.
Very clear & precise. Thank you!. Would not get this without experience!

If only you write the FAQ page on BB
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:19 pm

I have asked this before but do you know if regular cashier's POS is any different to that of moneycenters ? Reason I ask is whenever I tried to do 3 debits to load BB, the system hangs, manager has to come cancel the transaction. Only 2 swipes for debit + 1 for BB card seems to work at the regular cashiers (atleast for me). Perhaps the cashiers are doing something wrong ?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:54 pm

Very clear & precise. Thank you!. Would not get this without experience!

If only you write the FAQ page on BB
Haha, well, yea, trial and error is kind of the way with MS... Nowadays I just do 1 card 1 swipe. Its easier than having the cashiers eyes glaze over when I ask to split payment (uhhh whats that...?)

Originally Posted by coolblues
I have asked this before but do you know if regular cashier's POS is any different to that of moneycenters ? Reason I ask is whenever I tried to do 3 debits to load BB, the system hangs, manager has to come cancel the transaction. Only 2 swipes for debit + 1 for BB card seems to work at the regular cashiers (atleast for me). Perhaps the cashiers are doing something wrong ?
Ive never done it at a register because my registers are always soooo full, and the money center is usually empty. Im not even sure most of the cashiers at the register know what a bb is, never mind how to load one. Plus my MC employees <3 me, probably because I know what Im doing, Im fast and efficient and I get out of their line as fast as possible...
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:24 pm

Forgive the question, but what coupon is being used for this? Every store I've visited doesn't have the coupon in their book, but someone must have figured it out because all the Mastercards have been bought overnight.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kajukenbo
Forgive the question, but what coupon is being used for this? Every store I've visited doesn't have the coupon in their book, but someone must have figured it out because all the Mastercards have been bought overnight.
The deal this week is for Visa and the title of this thread is misleading.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kajukenbo
Read this thread instead - it's more up-to-date: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...3-2-8-a-4.html
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Haha, well, yea, trial and error is kind of the way with MS... Nowadays I just do 1 card 1 swipe. Its easier than having the cashiers eyes glaze over when I ask to split payment (uhhh whats that...?)

Ive never done it at a register because my registers are always soooo full, and the money center is usually empty. Im not even sure most of the cashiers at the register know what a bb is, never mind how to load one. Plus my MC employees <3 me, probably because I know what Im doing, Im fast and efficient and I get out of their line as fast as possible...

J/K
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
The deal this week is for Visa and the title of this thread is misleading.
Obfuscation helps keep this under wraps.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brc01
Obfuscation helps keep this under wraps.
Very unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.