No Citi
No Capital One
Print Wikipost

Bill Pay at 7-11 ATM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Bill Pay at 7-11 ATM

Looks like we can Bill Pay at 7-11 too using debit cards.

The 7-11 near my house has a VCON ATM that provides enhanced services like Bill Pay, Check Cashing and Money Gram. I went through the steps of paying my Chase Ink to see how it works. The machine will ask for billers name, account number, account holders name and phone number. The max you can pay is around 1997; however, the system refused to take the amount for my account. I then tried to $200 just to see the fee structure. They wanted to charge $2 for that transaction. I wanted to try couple more things, but there was a line forming behind me so I left.

This would be a great alternative to WM, if and only if, you can split transactions. I hardly doubt it though. Will report back with more info when I get a chance to go back there again.

You can learn more about this ATM and locate them at http://locator.cardtronics.com/vcom/index.aspx

P.S.: On of the features that I hate about this ATM is that their on screen keyboard is not QWERTY but ABCDE. Takes forever to type anything.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:12 pm

where did you see the max payment?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:18 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by aegt123

The 7-11 near my house has a VCON ATM that provides enhanced services like Bill Pay, Check Cashing and Money Gram. I went through the steps of paying my Chase Ink to see how it works. The machine will ask for billers name, account number, account holders name and phone number. The max you can pay is around 1997; however, the system refused to take the amount for my account. I then tried to $200 just to see the fee structure. They wanted to charge $2 for that transaction. I wanted to try couple more things, but there was a line forming behind me so I left.

This would be a great alternative to WM, if and only if, you can split transactions. I hardly doubt it though. Will report back with more info when I get a chance to go back there again.

You can learn more about this ATM and locate them at http://locator.cardtronics.com/vcom/index.aspx

P.S.: On of the features that I hate about this ATM is that their on screen keyboard is not QWERTY but ABCDE. Takes forever to type anything.
I used it several times (HT to chasingpoints.com, who first discovered this option). This is a very nice alternative to BP at WM, since you don't need to interact with cashiers. There are some caveats, too:

1) you cannot use a Visa/MC gc with PIN. The machine rejects it.
2) The max amount you can pay - $1000 (even if machine displays $1997 as a maximum amount). The fee is $2. The payment is posted next day.
3) There are many payees: AMEX, Chase, US Bank, Bank of America. I didn't find Citi, Barclays.
4) According to Chasingpoints blog, Buxx card do not work, PayPal debit card works. I used MVD card successfully.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123

Question answered. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
yes, read comments as well to relevant two articles at chasingthepoints blog...
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drdrew450
where did you see the max payment?
On the screen. Will try to take a screenshot next time.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:06 am

Made a $995 payment with my UFB debit card. Tried to make a payment of $1495 but was rejected despite the machine telling me that the maximum is $1997.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:44 am

Max cc payment is 1000. Fee is $2.
No gc. No bux. No split transactions.

Cardtronics ATM words in transaction description.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
How much did MVD charge? $0.50 or $1.95?

Originally Posted by jk2
I used it several times (HT to chasingpoints.com, who first discovered this option). This is a very nice alternative to BP at WM, since you don't need to interact with cashiers. There are some caveats, too:

1) you cannot use a Visa/MC gc with PIN. The machine rejects it.
2) The max amount you can pay - $1000 (even if machine displays $1997 as a maximum amount). The fee is $2. The payment is posted next day.
3) There are many payees: AMEX, Chase, US Bank, Bank of America. I didn't find Citi, Barclays.
4) According to Chasingpoints blog, Buxx card do not work, PayPal debit card works. I used MVD card successfully.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:37 am
jk2

Originally Posted by rambo
How much did MVD charge? $0.50 or $1.95?
0.50 . The transaction was a POS.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pier11
Max cc payment is 1000. Fee is $2.
No gc. No bux. No split transactions.
Good info. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:13 am

Under the bill pay, there's also reload prepaid cards option, but I don't see BB or any reload cards that I known. They do have walmart card, but not sure which one it relates to.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by chongwj8
Under the bill pay, there's also reload prepaid cards option, but I don't see BB or any reload cards that I known. They do have walmart card, but not sure which one it relates to.
I feel that under reload prepaid cards option are the same payees as for credit card payment. I saw Target there as well.

I think that walmart card they show is rather WM credit card... Same for Target.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:57 pm

Anyone able to pay a Citi credit card with this?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Is anyone actively using this? PM if needed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.