No Amex (including fidelity)
No Citi
No Capital One
Print Wikipost

Bill Pay at 7-11 ATM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Now where the "Wow" should go to? Those who dont care to read and those who felt they must make fun of others while themselves are being ignorant, to put it mildly?
Wow.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Anyone actively using this for BP? If so, mind PM'ing me? Have a few questions, have been encountering several "payment cancelled" issues, both in CA and NJ... unsure if its related to GC's that I'm using, or if it's based on volumes of transactions I'm doing (about 1-2k per week for the past month, across about 4 different CC's).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Anyone actively using this for BP? If so, mind PM'ing me? Have a few questions, have been encountering several "payment cancelled" issues, both in CA and NJ... unsure if its related to GC's that I'm using, or if it's based on volumes of transactions I'm doing (about 1-2k per week for the past month, across about 4 different CC's).
I've used it as recently as yesterday. Feel free to PM me, though I've never had a payment cancelled issue. I've done your kind of volume, but I use different phone numbers for each card.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I got psyched seeing this post but the cardtronics locator link shows none in my area. HOWEVER, today as I was strolling out of Costco, I saw a cardtronics ATM. Line was too long and I was in a hurry, but you can imagine my curiosity. Going on the general cardtronics locator page, my area shows dozens. Anyone know if other/most/all cardtronics ATMs have bill pay or just the 7-11 ones? Looking at the cardtronics website, it seems only the 7-11s across the board have bill pay, but I'm hoping it'll expand soon, if not already.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 17, 2014 at 6:45 pm
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I got psyched seeing this post but the cardtronics locator link shows none in my area. HOWEVER, today as I was strolling out of Costco, I saw a cardtronics ATM. Line was too long and I was in a hurry, but you can imagine my curiosity. Going on the general cardtronics locator page, my area shows dozens. Anyone know if other/most/all cardtronics ATMs have bill pay or just the 7-11 ones? Looking at the cardtronics website, it seems only the 7-11s across the board have bill pay, but I'm hoping it'll expand soon, if not already.
I don't have a completely definitive answer for you, but the Cardtronics ATMs at my Costco do not have any bill pay function. Furthermore, from the VCOM locator page description:

At our network of over 2,000 ATMs located in 7 Eleven stores across the county customers can do much more than get cash. For all your banking services needs visit one of our locations to do a wide variety of transactions such as:
  • Cash a Check
  • Send or Receive money with Money Gram
  • Pay over a 1,000 different billers
  • Deposit a check envelope free
  • Access Shared Branching services
And of course you can always get cash quickly and conveniently using your ATM card.
Never say never though.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
JCB?

Before anyone gets upset, no I have not read the entire thread, but I have read the wiki, done several searches, and will try this out myself when I return home later this week.

Now, does anyone know if JCB card is payable via this system? Thanks.

Xlax
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:17 pm

This has now hit the blogs:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-atm-bill-pay/
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
*groan*
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by skibum3d
*groan*
Start the timer, I'm taking bets...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:40 pm

darn it
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by xlax
Now, does anyone know if JCB card is payable via this system? Thanks.
I don't know, but maybe there might be an opportunity from the other direction. GiftCardMall.com claims to accept JCB and sell Visa gift cards for ~1.5% in fees + shipping for ~$1k+ orders, and you can order the cards printed with your name if you wish. JCB Marukai Premium rebates ~3% for those lucky enough to live in the US states in which it is offered. That said, I should warn you that I don't know if GCM gift cards are accepted for bill pay by 7-11, and I don't think I've ever successfully bought a Gift Card Mall Visa gift card with a JCB.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by skynerd
I don't know, but maybe there might be an opportunity from the other direction. GiftCardMall.com claims to accept JCB and sell Visa gift cards for ~1.5% in fees + shipping for ~$1k+ orders, and you can order the cards printed with your name if you wish. JCB Marukai Premium rebates ~3% for those lucky enough to live in the US states in which it is offered. That said, I should warn you that I don't know if GCM gift cards are accepted for bill pay by 7-11, and I don't think I've ever successfully bought a Gift Card Mall Visa gift card with a JCB.
Metabank cards which is what GCM uses did not work for me at the 7-11 bill pay.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Chris92128
Metabank cards which is what GCM uses did not work for me at the 7-11 bill pay.
This is correct. Ice cream flavored GCs do work, however. Only way to make them worthwhile those is buying them with an old Blue Cash. You're looking at $6.95 in fees per $500 GC if you use them. And Amex isn't available as a biller anymore so you can't pay it back directly.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Just got the compliance call from Vcom/Softgate systems... Payments being held up until I provide docs (doing so now). Did ~ $3,500 in one day. Confirmed limit is $3k per day - at $3k, documentation required.

If anyone wants additional details let me know. Assuming once provided payments will go through. Will keep to < $3k per day going forward.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Just got the compliance call from Vcom/Softgate systems... Payments being held up until I provide docs (doing so now). Did ~ $3,500 in one day. Confirmed limit is $3k per day - at $3k, documentation required.

If anyone wants additional details let me know. Assuming once provided payments will go through. Will keep to < $3k per day going forward.
Do you know if this is business day or calendar day? Curious if $3000 on Saturday and Sunday would count as one day since they would both pay out on the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.