No Capital One
Print Wikipost

Bill Pay at 7-11 ATM

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 8:33 pm

Fair enough.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by hti5t45
Trust me your account will be red flagged. I'm referring to the cc issuer. When I was shutdown they specifically stated it was due to excessive payments. In reality, it was due to MSing.
Originally Posted by lad2
Care to share more details such as who is the CC issuer? What's your history with that issuer, any other accounts, etc...
Originally Posted by worldtravels
Never heard of being shut down due to excessive payments. Not sure why they would say that.

Would like to know more. How long did you have the CCs? Were all your credit cards shut down?
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
What is considered excessive to you? Or at least what did the CC issuer consider as excessive?
...well? Any answer?
Old May 30, 2014, 7:41 am

FOLLOW-UP

Just an update--

my payments to Chase and Amex using my VGCs posted for both today (2 days after payment). In both cases, the card issuers simply show them as electronic payments. Nothing other to differentiate them.

Despite the noob's dire opinion (which has not been backed up with any specific examples), I fail to see how making payments this way is going to trigger anything assuming you aren't doing anything nutty on the purchase side or going negative on your balance.

Since there are a myriad of bill pay options available on standard checking accounts, I seriously doubt they care if you're using this one to pay them.
Old May 30, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: 1&2
Do you think that doing several to one account in one day would be any better for scrutiny than spreading them out?
Old May 30, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by brero
Do you think that doing several to one account in one day would be any better for scrutiny than spreading them out?
First, I think the question is moot since someone already mentioned there were some major limitation on how much you can pay each account at a time.

Second, I don't see why they'd really care frankly, since my belief is they could care less where and when electronic payments that are automatic and humans don't look at.

The irony is unless you're trying to meet spend on a Chase or Amex, the fees and time investment alone are going to limit this from being a way to churn say the 100k Citi cards. You can't effectively arbitrage these as everyday spending rewards outside of large sign-up bonuses with Chase or Amex as well (or if you're still doing normal spending with Chase and Amex on top of trying to meet a Citi bonus).
Old May 30, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by brero
Personally I would space them out. What is the purpose of doing several payments per day? It just adds more scrutiny. Even if you do 3 transactions on the same day, the amount being paid will still show up as 3 transactions rather than 1 transaction with all 3 amounts combined. If it combined the amounts into 1 transaction then yes it would make sense to do a couple on the same day but I highly doubt that is the case.

If you are curious try it out and let us know.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:12 am

Don't think this has been said: I did a $5 ($7 total) test payment with my Suntrust Delta last month and did NOT receive miles for it.

Sorry to all those still wishfully thinking
Old May 30, 2014, 12:44 pm

Is there a way to locate which store have the bill pay enabled atm?
Old May 30, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chris92128
Is there a way to locate which store have the bill pay enabled atm?
First post of the thread?
Old May 30, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by thoughts1053
First post of the thread?
Whoops sorry!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:31 pm

I wish there were 7-11 ATMS that support BP closer to my house
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Member location

I am surprised so many newer FlyerTalkers don't list their locations or airport codes. So much of this MS is local , they may be missing out on PMs with local suggestions
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:24 pm

So I've been doing this and the fee has always been $2. Today I tried and it was $5. RIP?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sedubby
So I've been doing this and the fee has always been $2. Today I tried and it was $5. RIP?
Hopefully that is a bug. Who would pay $5 to pay a single bill? $2 was bad enough. I'm going to check this out tomorrow night when I'm near a 7-11 with a Citi ATM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:42 pm

It looked like it was specific to amex bill pay. I tried Chase and it was still $2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.