Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness
Adding a data point to the 9-digit pin (of doom) issue:

I ran into it today trying to load two different prepaid debit cards. I had tried the Walmart MoneyCard and Bluebird options, but I was presented with the 9-digit pin request (after entering my 4-digit pin).

As a workaround, I attempted to enter zero's first, but Kate wouldn't accept them.

This appears to be either an admin or manager code, and the guidelines seem to be that their code can't start with a zero. I am in no way suggesting anyone attempt to obtain a code.

This was my first attempt at a kiosk, so you can imagine I was scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong. ...only to find out others have run into the same issue.
Shows that you should read before going in blindly.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Shows that you should read before going in blindly.
In all fairness, I think it is reasonable to think operation of a Wal Mart kiosk should not require extensive study.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by CFFrost
In all fairness, I think it is reasonable to think operation of a Wal Mart kiosk should not require extensive study.
In all fairness, I think it's reasonable to think people MS'ing would give some thought and research into the methods they're going to be exploiting.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:02 pm

If reading about the 9-digit pin issue does not reveal a solution to the 9-digit pin issue, the reader simply proceeds by transacting with a human. That is exactly the same course of action of someone who DIDN'T READ ABOUT THE ISSUE.

Thank you for the report FullMoonMadness.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 25, 2014 at 1:39 pm
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
If reading about the 9-digit pin issue does not reveal a solution to the 9-digit pin issue, the reader simply proceeds by transacting with a human. That is exactly the same course of action of someone who DIDN'T READ ABOUT THE ISSUE.

Thank you for the report FullMoonMadness.
And also the same course of action that would be taken by any user of the WM kiosks that present this problem, whether they are MSing or "normal" BB users loading with a "normal" debit card. Nothing to read about, really.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:41 pm

Wow, I reported a data point so others could learn from it, and I get ripped. Nice. That's a good way to promote the sharing of information.

Thanks, CFFrost and Zceuxbhjutf for the supportive comments.

For the record (because it's soooo important), I read quite a bit of this thread, in addition to the Bluebird and Serve threads. I unfortunately did not read all of the 9,000+ posts in those threads. My bad. And, unfortunately, I wasn't able to remember every detail of the hundreds of posts I read. I'll try to be better about this in the future. Maybe I'll make flashcards. I could buy them at Staples with my Ink and get 5x!

While my post count is not high, I've been MSing for a while, and lurking/reading here nearly every day since before I joined. I won't claim to be a grey-beard with US Mint experience, but I do very well with the options available to me, and I fly nicely under the radar without getting too greedy.

BTW, I did pay a visit to a cash register to load my cards. I gave the cashier a big, wet, sloppy kiss for saving me from the evil Kate demon.

Last edited by FullMoonMadness; Apr 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness
For the record (because it's soooo important), I read quite a bit of this thread, in addition to the Bluebird and Serve threads. I unfortunately did not read all of the 9,000+ posts in those threads. My bad. And, unfortunately, I wasn't able to remember every detail of the hundreds of posts I read. I'll try to be better about this in the future. Maybe I'll make flashcards. I could buy them at Staples with my Ink and get 5x!

BTW, I did pay a visit to a cash register to load my cards. I gave the cashier a big, wet, sloppy kiss for saving me from the evil Kate demon.
Good that you have a sense of humor. Your post made me laugh out loud.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:54 pm

went to a wally with a kiosk kate away from the money center but the damn machine was frozen. kindly ask the cs associate to reboot and she claim to not be able to. what a bs lie. bought me a mo and left.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:47 am

Just bought a Univision MC at Vons. Do these have issues loading to WM at Kate like USB? Will I need fast fingers?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:42 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
all started lovely this morning, Kate was up and ready to assist me...then on my fourth load (2nd card) an error message popped up asking about my 'protection' a 'manager' came over and told me Kate should have never been working anyway...is there a new limit that I'm not aware of or most likely missed?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
all started lovely this morning, Kate was up and ready to assist me...then on my fourth load (2nd card) an error message popped up asking about my 'protection' a 'manager' came over and told me Kate should have never been working anyway...is there a new limit that I'm not aware of or most likely missed?
4x500?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:08 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by jasonvr
4x500?
correct
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
is there a new limit that I'm not aware of or most likely missed?
Nope not a new limit, been around quite some time. Kate can get overheated and you have to let her have some time to cool off.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
[redacted]
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Nope not a new limit, been around quite some time. Kate can get overheated and you have to let her have some time to cool off.

That's what I get for not going back 10 or so pages...should be added in wiki maybe...I guess I got to excited when I saw her up and working...it's been a while...(insert crude sexual joke here)...won't be doing that again

Last edited by cbn42; Apr 26, 2014 at 6:29 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
I went to 3 different wal mart today to try and swipe at counter with OV, card reader won't take it. Anyone in LA County notice this problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.