Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:09 pm

I've been purchasing $100 MC GC's without entering any club card number. Today was the first day that failed. No coupon came out.

I even bought another WITH my club card, though I've used it before for this promotion. Again no coupon came out.

I know the terms says 1 per household AND you need to use club card. But that restriction was never necessary.

Just curious if it was a bad machine/store and just a fluke, or they are stopping the promotion early.

Still, I'm using the Catalina support to try and get the coupon for my club card purchase. Are the support people nitpickers with the terms?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:01 pm

Do you guys effectively spend your $10 off coupon and use it in conjunction with J4U deals, manufacturer coupons, and sales? Or do you just use it to buy regular priced items? If it's the latter, then you aren't coming out much ahead at all as $10 at Safeway would probably be more effectively spent at other grocery stores or during other sale periods.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:28 pm

Bought 2 $500 variable load visa gift cards and only 1 coupon printed .. am i out of luck? or will contacting catalina help?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by idealguru
Bought 2 $500 variable load visa gift cards and only 1 coupon printed .. am i out of luck? or will contacting catalina help?
Gotta split it into two transactions.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by idealguru
Did you buy two of them in one transaction?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by chuckywang
Do you guys effectively spend your $10 off coupon and use it in conjunction with J4U deals, manufacturer coupons, and sales? Or do you just use it to buy regular priced items? If it's the latter, then you aren't coming out much ahead at all as $10 at Safeway would probably be more effectively spent at other grocery stores or during other sale periods.
I only buy items that are on sale/coupons/J4U deals. Dominicks is way over priced and I can do much better at other stores. I used to shop at Dominicks almost exclusively when they used to give out 1 United mile for every 2 dollars spent - way back when. I stopped shopping there after that. Prices then sky rocketed as fewer people shopped there. Mariano's is currently taking over the Chicago area.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
The promotion is still working. I bought 3 $500 visa cards today in separate transactions with the same safeway club card # and got 3 coupons.

I think tomorrow is the last day. Need to get a few more.

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
I've been purchasing $100 MC GC's without entering any club card number. Today was the first day that failed. No coupon came out.

I even bought another WITH my club card, though I've used it before for this promotion. Again no coupon came out.

I know the terms says 1 per household AND you need to use club card. But that restriction was never necessary.

Just curious if it was a bad machine/store and just a fluke, or they are stopping the promotion early.

Still, I'm using the Catalina support to try and get the coupon for my club card purchase. Are the support people nitpickers with the terms?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:11 am

Safeway/VONS - $10 off coupon w/ $100 Mastercard or VISA Gift Cards [Recurring]

Last day today. Planning to get at least 4 more 500$ GCs.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse
Last day today. Planning to get at least 4 more 500$ GCs.
+1^
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:19 am

Didn't get a coupon on todays purchase

Edit: I bought two more this evening and got a coupon with both.

Last edited by ibleed0range; Oct 8, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:33 am

I didn't get a coupon with today's purchase.

Does some one have a link to the safeway coupon? I found the following for Vons

http://www.frugallivingnw.com/wp-con...mastercard.png.

Even though Vons and Safeway are the same parent company, these folks in customer service always find some reason not to honor a deal.

I am planning to hit 2 more stores today, I will provide an update later.

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Didn't get a coupon on todays purchase
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:27 pm

Got 2 coupons in 2 separate transactions today. May get more later today.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:53 pm

It still works. I picked a few just now and got the $10 coupon for each of them. Still a few hours left for this deal.

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Got 2 coupons in 2 separate transactions today. May get more later today.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Just bought a 'few', coupons printed each time. Will buy a 'few' more later.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:02 pm

Picked up my last 4 today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.