Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:51 am

More DL scan issues today.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:54 am

Luckily didn't have DL issues any today. CSR told me not to jinx it. A little scary seeing my first $3k transaction though. Held my breath until approved flashed, hah.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:12 am

Thinking the DL have to do with a certain time of day. All you east coasters out on your lunch break making VR runs and over loading the system?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AA/US/BA
Just ran into a similar issue in east Tennessee. 2x$500, scan license, swipe card, long, long wait, message for "hand card to cashier" (normal obviously), but he said he didn't have a place to enter it yet... after 30 seconds it voided the transaction and told him to pull the cards out of the bag.

Hoping just DL issues and will try 1x$500 elsewhere...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Barry2013
Thinking the DL have to do with a certain time of day. All you east coasters out on your lunch break making VR runs and over loading the system?
Damn Skippy! 2 runs during lunch
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Does anyone know if CVS can look up card numbers from a prior purchase? Think a housekeeper might have walked off with the last two I hadn't activated, but VR CS says they have no way of looking them up to check balances other than the PIN number.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Does anyone know if CVS can look up card numbers from a prior purchase? Think a housekeeper might have walked off with the last two I hadn't activated, but VR CS says they have no way of looking them up to check balances other than the PIN number.
I believe you can go back to the CVS with your CC you used and they can search for it that way..
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I believe you can go back to the CVS with your CC you used and they can search for it that way..
To reprint the receipt? Or do you think they can pull the full card numbers? I will walk over there at lunch and see, I suppose, but the original receipt only had the last few numbers of each card.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:02 pm

VR is lying FWIW. The only way for a system like VR to work is to have very detailed data including timestamps. Each VR that sits on a storeshelf is completely worthless of course, so there are only two events in each and every VR's life...

Purchase: amount, timestamp, computer handshake which obviously includes store ID, and full card number
Load: same idea including full card number

Your CVS receipt has enough info so that it can only possibly match one and only one Purchase record in VR's database. How to best convey that to VR, though, is the tricky part. Good luck!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by linglingfool
To reprint the receipt? Or do you think they can pull the full card numbers? I will walk over there at lunch and see, I suppose, but the original receipt only had the last few numbers of each card.
I'm not 100% sure, call your CC company and get as much info from them about the purchase of those beans and then take it to CVS and see what they an do, the longer you wait, the harder it will be for them to look it up.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
$2500 this morning. Scanned DL. No problem.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pinguy
excellent news...
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: AA/DL/UA, SPG/HH
Thank you for reporting back!

Originally Posted by pinguy
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:57 am

Anyone hear of CVS being able to load directly to Bluebird via credit card payment?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
Anyone hear of CVS being able to load directly to Bluebird via credit card payment?
There is something in the works for SERVE debit loads IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.