Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla reload broken PIN scam reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, HH,
Originally Posted by exwannabe
770-882-2284 Then press # (I think, but you will be prompted) )to ring her. Somebody named Sherryl or such will answer. She sounded more on the ball than the CSRs were.
Cheryl was the name of the rep that gave me replacement PINs.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by exwannabe
770-882-2284 Then press # (I think, but you will be prompted) )to ring her. Somebody named Sherryl or such will answer. She sounded more on the ball than the CSRs were.
Thank you for the number! After talking to her I got a call right away from their fraud dept. now, they are investigating more and i am awaiting results.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:43 am

Just got the new PIN!!!

Thank you to exwannabe for the direct number and to agoogilydoogily for the info.

If you get scammed, call 770-882-2284 Then press #
Cheryl was the most helpful person ever!!!

Don't think I'll be buying anymore vanilla cards...
this was a mess...
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Unless I've missed a report somewhere (don't think so), I believe that every reported example of this scam has been in Atlanta. No?

I think if I lived in Atlanta I would avoid buying these.

Elsewhere....I don't think there's much to worry about.

Have there been reports of tampered VRs anywhere else besides the city where Incomm manufactures these?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:04 am

i've seen only one card outside ATL that was missing digits.
I didnt know they make cards in ATL... possibly some shenenigans during manufacturing...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PP
Guys, just to update. We have to stop calling Cheryl. I just called her today to assist in helping resolve the issue, and if she was helping before, she is no longer (lucky for you guys that talked to her initially). She mentioned she works for the Refunds Department so she can't help with what's going on if it's dealing with the fraud. I'm guessing because her number was published here she mentioned she's been getting a lot of calls. I would guess she's only able to expedite the refund to cards and issue you new pins once the process has reached her end. She said the best number to call is 1800-571-1377, which is the customer service.

I just called the toll free and am getting the dispute documentation emailed finally, because I have still yet to receive the normal document by mail (8 days now). Extremely frustrated and I'm just going to open up a case with AMEX as well. I suggest anyone in Atlanta either not buy these at this time or exercise extreme caution. Cheryl seemed to mention the company is aware this is happening and some instances the funds are literally coming off the cards immediately at the register.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by alik99
i've seen only one card outside ATL that was missing digits.
I didnt know they make cards in ATL... possibly some shenenigans during manufacturing...
Yes, if as indicated where funds are coming off immediately, then I'm guessing there could be someone on the inside potentially. They can immediately flag when the cards are loaded and push to another card. Probably easily done by a developer with a script. The only thing that wouldn't make sense if that was the case would be, why is it only Atlanta thus far.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:38 pm

Cause Atlanta is a cesspool.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:28 am

Too bad Cheryl doesn't want to deal with it anymore...
JHL, just keep calling them and bugging them... you dont need to fill out any police reports, they just need to give you new PIN(s), which you'll use to load BB
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
It's probably not a good idea for us to post the names of CS agents who have been helpful - too much unwanted attention for them, even if they would like to help. You probably wouldn't want your name and phone number posted on the intertoobs either.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:28 pm

Agreed. We probably should have PMed her info to the ones that were actively posting just to help the few of us out. I assume it got out of hand for her. She mentioned she was looking to have her number changed.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:13 am

It's too bad that it came to this for her, but she was the only one who helped me. regular CSR told me to pound sand and file police report...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 4:58 pm

Guys, I was really surprised and I got everything resolved today within a couple of days of submitting the dispute form. I think this has gained higher visibility within the company so the resolutions seem much faster now. Everyone go through the proper channels with the customer service number.

Can we try to scrub Cheryl's direct number off this thread? Or is that something the mods can do perhaps.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by alik99
If you get scammed, call 770-882-2284 Then press #
Cheryl was the most helpful person ever
You should send INCOMM a thank you letter mentioning her good work
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
I stopped by the CVS at LaVista and Cheshire Bridge Rd in ATL yesterday. There were about 8 on the rack, and 6 of the 8 were obviously tampered with. The stips looked like they were removed and reapplied cleanly for the most part, but there was dust and fuz stuck to the adheasive that was left exposed from where the sticker used to be. Sorry, didn't have time to take a pic. It was very obvious though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.