Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Just reporting back that I was shut down by Bancorp. After a few conversations I found out that I could take my money out, but not put any new money in (haven't tried doing that to test). I tried to ATM money out but couldn't. However I did do a MO at Walmart for half of the amount and that worked.
To confirm: Prior to your shutdown, you were only unloading via $500 ATM withdrawals correct?

How much total did you load/unload?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by BenH
To confirm: Prior to your shutdown, you were only unloading via $500 ATM withdrawals correct?

How much total did you load/unload?
Yeah pretty much true. I think I loaded around 8K and unloaded around 4.5K.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:17 am

Hm. I'm still alive, but all of a sudden, the 2.5K, rolling 30-day appears to be back in effect.

Anyone else notice this?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:12 pm

So - I realize this card is all but dead - first with the shutdowns, then with the no savings account on newer cards... and of course with VRs dead at CVS.

I had 5K loaded on the card so I went ahead and paid off a $500 utility bill via Evolve money (don't ask why it was $500...).

I then went ahead and paid off part of my taxes with the remaining $4500.

I was supposed to be enrolled in the pay-as-you go plan, but I noticed after I paid my utility bill they didn't charge me the $1 fee. So, I went ahead and paid off my taxes (including the $2.50 debit fee) so that my balance would be exactly $0.

All payments went through fine, and then the next day I had a -$3 balance on my account ($1 for the utility payment, $1 for US treasury payment, $1 for the tax payment broker payment).

I just found it interesting that they didn't charge the fee at time of transaction, and now they are left with the -$3. It's unlikely they'll ever get that payment from me - since I don't plan to use their service anymore - and AFAIC they had false advertising with the bank account portion.

Wanted to post this earlier so others may have been able to liquidate for tax payments - but in any event, I still think the belated charges are interesting.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:54 pm

Thanks, Ben, and sorry this all happened to you.

Noticed a strange thing on load limits--before it seemed the old rules were back in effect, but the new rules are not 30 days--I waited 30 but they made me wait an extra day in all cases, so it was the same DAY in April as in March although of course March had 31 days, so it should've been a day earlier in April.

Anyone else notice anything strange with theirs?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:10 pm

So I've been woefully absent from FlyerTalk for some time, and realize there has been absolutely no activity on this thread for well over a year.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been keeping up with Momentum and has been able to activate the savings account on the blue card?

There is still an option to activate the savings, but as my account is in the -$3 balance I'm not about to spend the money to try the minimum $10 transfer.

If there is anyone out there with an active account with some funds in it, could you confirm if savings can be activated or not?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by BenH
There is still an option to activate the savings, but as my account is in the -$3 balance I'm not about to spend the money to try the minimum $10 transfer.
If you find somebody that knows the answer, that's great. If not, it is still worth $3 to test whether the savings account work!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
If you find somebody that knows the answer, that's great. If not, it is still worth $3 to test whether the savings account work!
According to the live chat rep the savings account is still not working.
They of course could provide no information and when I asked why it is still advertised and available (but non working) on the site, they simply stated they would relay my concerns on. Useless.

Other threads on FWF have pretty much confirmed that only those who have the older black Momentum cards have a working 5% savings benefit.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:00 pm

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

I have the black one, so I wouldn't know. Would be a good option though if it were still possible. Wouldn't mind another one.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:48 pm

Anyone else is getting this notice?

Dear Valued Customer,

This notice is to inform you that the Savings Account you have in connection with the Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card program will be closed on February 29, 2016. You will continue to earn interest on the balance in your Savings Account until this date.

On February 29, all remaining funds (including interest accrued up to and including the transfer date) in your Momentum Card Savings Account will be transferred onto your Momentum Card Spending Account. You may continue to use your Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card as you have in the past.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your continued business.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-914-6051.
Thank you,

Momentum Card Customer Service
1-866-914-6051

The Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by shel
Anyone else is getting this notice?

Dear Valued Customer,

This notice is to inform you that the Savings Account you have in connection with the Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card program will be closed on February 29, 2016. You will continue to earn interest on the balance in your Savings Account until this date.

On February 29, all remaining funds (including interest accrued up to and including the transfer date) in your Momentum Card Savings Account will be transferred onto your Momentum Card Spending Account. You may continue to use your Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card as you have in the past.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your continued business.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-914-6051.
Thank you,

Momentum Card Customer Service
1-866-914-6051

The Momentum Visa Prepaid Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
Yep...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.