Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Cool Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Anybody got any experience on this prepaid card? It can be fed by VR.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1251290/

not interested in its savings account, but wanted to use it for the manufactured spending.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by liw5215
Anybody got any experience on this prepaid card? It can be fed by VR.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1251290/

not interested in its savings account, but wanted to use it for the manufactured spending.
I don't see any advantage of this over Bluebird. What's the attraction?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
It is a true visa debit card with PIN. Lot more useful than an Amex.

I would be all over it a few months ago, but now with the impending demise of VR, this doesn't look like a good proposition anymore.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I don't see any advantage of this over Bluebird. What's the attraction?
when you need more than $5k fake spending.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Resurrecting this old thread

Anyone used this card for VR loads and then unload via CA? I've already been through MVD and Mio, and now need a new product.

PM if better
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Resurrecting this old thread

Anyone used this card for VR loads and then unload via CA? I've already been through MVD and Mio, and now need a new product.

PM if better
TPG mentioned this in passing on the 8th, looks like a great Bluebird clone, except that the fee schedule (https://www.momentumcardbalance.com/...bY9r8D38rpKUtG) and cardholder agreement (https://www.momentumcardbalance.com/...rAgreement.pdf) don't make it clear what transactions the "Load Fee" and "Transaction Fee" are charged for. If VR loads and bill pay transactions are free, then this is great. If not, then the flat fee plan lets you pay $10 for $5k in spend. That's better than a lot of options, but not quite as good as BB.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:36 pm

Anyone know where these can be purchased in the New England area? I checked the locator on there site and it pulls up "no results". Perhaps it's not available in this area.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:30 pm

People say that loading with Vanilla is very limited. Does anybody know the limit?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:58 am

I thought about doing some experiments with this as well. I can't buy it in SD so it will have to wait until my next visit to LA. VR can be hard to find or buy at times but I'm hoping there may be opportunity to load with readylink as well as VR. I have no experience with readylink however. Moneygram readylink reloads cost $4.50 from what I read. I'm not sure what the maximum reload is though. If it is $1K AND I am able to use a free or cheaply acquired gift card with PIN, that would be useful indeed. The $10/month fee with the card doesn't bother me as long as I can move ~$5k/month with this card.

I know some will say to just buy MOs with the gift cards since that is a cheaper route. That is true, but it's all about having different options and diversifying the way we manufacture spend. Buying many thousands of MOs just isn't convenient or realistic for me. Other than the WalMart kiosk, which never seems to work, I can get MOs at the grocery store, but only one POS terminal sells them and I always have to get someone to come to the terminal to do it.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:00 am

I'm going to try picking one up in ANC when I'm there next week as there are none avail near me.
Like Groundhog I'm curious what experience others have loading with VR.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:57 am

I see that Readylink is not available until Q1 2014 so VR is the only useful way to load this. I'm curious about the load limits as well.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
My biggest challenge is just finding one of these to purchase
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:28 am

Resurrecting an old thread to ask if anyone has any hard data to share on VR limits?

Thanks. Hope to have some of my own to share later this month.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:58 pm

I've been able to load 3k this month but haven't unloaded. Building up the savings.

I'm narrowing down what appears to be an undocumented daily or weekly vr limit.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
People say that loading with Vanilla is very limited. Does anybody know the limit?
Pretty sure it's 2500 per period (not sure if statement cycle, month, 30 day period)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.