Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:20 pm

It's $2,500 per 30 days.

Anybody ever try to sign up for multiple of these cards? I got one when I was out of town but I'm going near that place again soon. It's probably one per SSN though.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:12 pm

Which version is BOTH vanilla reloadable AND with savings option?

There are two versions on http://www.momentumcard.com/ and it appears that

-black version is not vanilla reloadable, but has savings option.
-blue version is vanilla reloadable, but has NO savings option now ("SAVINGS ACCOUNT COMING SOON").

So I'm confused as which version is people picking up?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:54 pm

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

I got the black version and have loaded about 4k of vanilla reloads so far and then dumped it into the savings account.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Does this have free billpay? The site says "PAY BILLS easily from home (e.g. cell phone, utilities, satellite radio, & more) with companies that accept Visa."
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:57 am

It looks like it does but I haven't really tried out the billpay section. At first glance it looks like Bluebird in terms of having electronic and paper check payments available depending on the bill.

Originally Posted by cuebert
Does this have free billpay? The site says "PAY BILLS easily from home (e.g. cell phone, utilities, satellite radio, & more) with companies that accept Visa."
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:45 am

The black card has the savings account. It does take VR, max is $2500 every 30 days.

The billpay works like bluebird but doesn't seem to have as many payee's. Just enter the CC's address and whatever other info it requests.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by Rooks
The black card has the savings account. It does take VR, max is $2500 every 30 days.

The billpay works like bluebird but doesn't seem to have as many payee's. Just enter the CC's address and whatever other info it requests.
Is ACH pull OK? I was a bit concerned when it said payees that take "Visa," so I thought it would be a Mango-style account

Looks like I need to visit a MONEY MART or LOAN MART to get one.

Last edited by cuebert; Dec 14, 2013 at 9:01 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Error code 26

Recently acquired a "black" momentum card at a MoneyMart a mile outside of OGG. (Had to run to Costco for cash from ATM as I didn't realize MoneyMart required $20 in cash per card to activate.) I'm now trying to add funds to the card via Beans and am getting an error code 26. Vanilla points their finger at Momentum and Momentum points their finger at Vanilla. A victorious cycle indeed. Any one ever had an issue with this error? Resolution? Hints?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by edbyu
Recently acquired a "black" momentum card at a MoneyMart a mile outside of OGG. (Had to run to Costco for cash from ATM as I didn't realize MoneyMart required $20 in cash per card to activate.) I'm now trying to add funds to the card via Beans and am getting an error code 26. Vanilla points their finger at Momentum and Momentum points their finger at Vanilla. A victorious cycle indeed. Any one ever had an issue with this error? Resolution? Hints?
Were you trying to use your beans on the temporary momentum card from money mart or the permanent one?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:13 pm

Is there any way to avoid $10 monthly fee?
It's too expensive to pay $10 for the ability to unload only 5 beans per month.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by sound48
Were you trying to use your beans on the temporary momentum card from money mart or the permanent one?
That I know of I won't receive a temporary card in the mail. They printed my name directly on the card as I was applying for the card at the MoneyMart and I left the store with it. They said I would not receive another card. Does that jive with what everyone else knows?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
Is there any way to avoid $10 monthly fee?
It's too expensive to pay $10 for the ability to unload only 5 beans per month.
You could try the pay as you go plan? I've done that and had no problems.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:52 am

That I know of I won't receive a temporary card in the mail. They printed my name directly on the card as I was applying for the card at the MoneyMart and I left the store with it. They said I would not receive another card. Does that jive with what everyone else knows?
When I went to Moneymart they gave me a temporary one and the permanent one came in the mail. I waited until the permanent card came to do any bean collecting.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sound48
Quote:

When I went to Moneymart they gave me a temporary one and the permanent one came in the mail. I waited until the permanent card came to do any bean collecting.
When you picked up yours, did they also print your name on it? Or was your original card nameless? I'm confused bc the moneymart said I wouldn't get another card. Perhaps they were wrong and I need to wait. I picked up the card I have now on Dec 30.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:35 am

Interesting, on their website the Black card doesn't say anything about being VR loadable but the Blue card explicitly does say its part of the VR Network. However, we've got Sound48 with a Black card that they've VRed apparently.
I don't have one myself yet, but I'll be in OGG in 3 weeks, planning to grab one then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.