Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by sound48
Pay as you go
So what fees do you pay? No fee for loading VR and $1 for debit transacions?
Can you have savings account?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
But only 5 VRs per month, correct?
No comment as I'm not near that amount yet.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:55 am

There is no fee for loading VR's to the black version.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rooks
There is no fee for loading VR's to the black version.
For Pay As You Go or $10 monthly plan?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
For Pay As You Go or $10 monthly plan?
Pay as you go. I don't know about the other one.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:52 pm

Anyone have multiples of these cards? I don't see anything in the T&C about that.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:26 pm

I want one, is it worth a 220 mile round trip? ROAD TRIP!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:23 pm

I picked up one of these today. Woman said they are changing the design a little bit on the black card. Need $10 to load, and $10 to purchase on the spot. Only thing else she needed from me was drivers license.

Looking over the fees, it looks clear that vanilla reloads are supposed to not cost $2. I haven't tried loading my temporary card yet, but the terms said you could make 3 loads onto the temporary card. I didn't see anything on the info I got saying you were limited to $2500 loading a month in beans, but it didn't talk about that much. Max card balance is 10K and the daily load limits in general are pretty high. ATM allows $1000 withdrawal each day, w/$2 fee.

The woman said 1 card allowed per person.

This isn't anything monumental, but diversity is great and if the money is earning 5% while sitting around, I won't be in any huge rush to get it out of there.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:10 pm

how are you getting your money out of here? I don't see a free option.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
Can anyone confirm if bill pay incurs a fee on the black pay as you go card?

It sounds like basically it's a $10 activation fee and then you can load with VR and unload with bill pay for no further fees? And does this card give the 6% savings account as well?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:58 pm

Some data
1. Got permanent card. Tried using last 4 of SSN and was unable to activate it. Called number given and was able to activate it that way, no explanation as to why not working online.
2. My permanent card is the blue one. I had been trying to get the black. I did specify wanted pay as you go plan when I applied. Supposedly blue card is the only one they use now? It does have savings, and no fee for vanilla reload (I did my first two today).
3. Bill pay appears to be free, haven't used it yet, exploring it now as it doesn't look obvious.
4. Looks like you can't transfer everything into savings. I was only allowed to transfer in 999.
5. There is a thread on FW too. Somebody said they found their CC there for billpay...I'm still looking but not finding any yet. Somebody said they were able to add manually too? I'll let you know if I figure this out.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by edbyu
Recently acquired a "black" momentum card at a MoneyMart a mile outside of OGG. (Had to run to Costco for cash from ATM as I didn't realize MoneyMart required $20 in cash per card to activate.) I'm now trying to add funds to the card via Beans and am getting an error code 26. Vanilla points their finger at Momentum and Momentum points their finger at Vanilla. A victorious cycle indeed. Any one ever had an issue with this error? Resolution? Hints?
Finally a resolution to my loading errors. I called back into Momentum CS and was able to figure out that my card was in "ii" status. ii status a card state that occurs when you receive your card from MoneyMart with you name already printed on it the same day of application (vs receiving a temp card upon application and receiving the perm card in the mail at a later date). ii state prevents the card from receiving VR loads. The CS rep switched the card status to "regular" and the card worked just fine.

I hope this helps someone else.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:13 pm

can anybody help on how to get money out of this card? Is there a way to get it out of savings? Bill pay does not include credit cards. Outside of overpaying a utility bill, I feel stuck. Does anybody know the routing number for the savings account? Can you pull money out? I tried and it didn't work.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:31 pm

The black card has CC companies in the bill pay system, plus you can add your own payees. I don't know about the blue card.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
can anybody help on how to get money out of this card? Is there a way to get it out of savings? Bill pay does not include credit cards. Outside of overpaying a utility bill, I feel stuck. Does anybody know the routing number for the savings account? Can you pull money out? I tried and it didn't work.
This is a prepaid debit card. What's wrong about doing a CA ($2 fee) or buying MO or any of the other MS tactics talked about ad nauseam in this forum?

The above options would obviously require moving it out of the "savings" account and into the "checking" account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.