Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rooks
Same here. I have the black card and I usually do my loads the end of the month since this used to be a 30 day rolling load limit. I loaded $1k Wednesday, Thursday, and today. For the hell of it, I tried a third VR today and it worked. So I'm up to $3.5k for this month. I don't want to keep loading more right now since I only use this card for BP and it's a nice alternative to BB, but I wonder how high this thing can go.

UPDATE: I just loaded another $500 VR so I'm up to $4k for this month. Going to do a BP lay off this for a few weeks but will report back what happens in March.
Thanks Rooks and lkar for this update. I cautiously tried it for the first time (on my black) and was pleasantly surprised.

Please alert to any adverse action (I suffered through closure with NetSpend after trying too many loads) but so far, so good.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ZapperO
No. Not that I'm aware.
Originally Posted by brc01
Don't believe so.
Crap...Thank you for the help nonetheless.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by rogue409
Are you using momentum's online BP (Billeo) or something else? I haven't seen any "good" billers in momentum's online BP (I have Green, which I think is Blue).
It's called 'Click-n-Pay' on my card and it lets you add a payee like BB then mails them a check. I have the black card.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

It's called 'Click-n-Pay' on my card and it lets you add a payee like BB then mails them a check. I have the black card.
That's a nice feature of the black card, I definitely can't do that with my brand new "Green/Blue."
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
First(?) shutdown report: http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2...entum-shutdown

Bancorp strikes again.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by sgideons
First(?) shutdown report: http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2...entum-shutdown

Bancorp strikes again.
I guess his card didn't have the BP feature. I've had this for six plus months and only used BP, no problems so far.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:38 am

I guess his card didn't have the BP feature. I've had this for six plus months and only used BP, no problems so far.
New cards have very limited BP feature that isn't useful for scaling.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:43 am

So are you saying that one cannot get the black card anymore, and that the black card had better features?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:23 pm

So I just picked up a Blue card (4999) in AZ this week while I was there on business.

Looks like I might be too late to the game with these.

I went with the "Pay-as-you-go" plan - although I can't see anywhere on the web account what plan I'm enrolled in, let alone an option to change it.

I put $10 on the card at the store ($20 total cost) and loaded a $500 VR that night.
4 days later (today) I just loaded $3500 more in one go.

Unfortunately, it seems the savings account is shut down and the BP options are super weak. Other than a CA, which is triggering shutdowns - I don't see any way to get the money off this card.

I chatted online with a support dude and it went like this:

Zach: they are working on setting up the savings account but at this time it does not work with the new 4999 cards
BenH: but it is a planned feature? When I signed up for the card just this week they said it has savings and the website says this is a feature
Zach: hmm okay let me double check
Zach: they are working on it and its expected to be available shortly but at this time it s not running yet. I do apologize you did not get htis infomartion

So it sounds like they may indeed implement it - and when they do, perhaps they will introduce/revamp some other things.

I'm going to try a few things to get the money off, but if no-go I may just keep it in there for a month or two to see if the savings account get's re-enabled. Then, I may just keep the account for the savings and simply withdraw the interest once a year and hope they improve the card features.

Worst case scenario I close down the card to get my $$ back and still profit a couple hundred bucks in churn.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:06 pm

Ben,
All of this is quite well documented in the last few pages of the thread. 3 letters "ATM". If you got a 5%er, still good margins.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:56 pm

I think I may have been shut down. I couldn't get money out of the ATM (over my daily limit) and can't sign on. Unfortunately I still have about 4k in there. It's not going to create cashflow problems, but I'd rather not have that much locked up.

Since the experience seems similar to MVD, I'm going to wait a few days and try signing in again. I found that for some reason waiting sometimes I was able to sign in to MVD and get back to business.

I got the card last month, did about 7K, waited, and unloaded about 3k. This month I had done loads on the 7th and 11th with a few mixed in ATMs.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:01 pm

Data point:

Black Card

Loaded $6k since 2/26, $4k in February, $2k in March. Still trying to figure out what the limits on VR are now that the $2.5k restriction is lifted.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:47 am

While I and everyone else do appreciate your intrepid exploration, do be careful, because as soon as you find the limits, it's game over with these people!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Ben,
All of this is quite well documented in the last few pages of the thread. 3 letters "ATM". If you got a 5%er, still good margins.
It's not that clearly documented - everyone seems to be working out the methods based on the cards they have.

Unfortunately, it seems that with this blue card, ATM or CA is the only solutions for getting money out. I don't want to CA because of shut down concerns.

It seems there is $2 fee per withdrawal regardless of plan - and you're right $2 is not horrible as a backup if getting 5%. My plan now is to liquidate the 5K I loaded and just let this card sit until they either get their saving plan back online and/or get better BP options again.

My question is - are these part of any ATM network? Where can I use these cards that I am only going to be charged the $2 and not an additional fee by the bank? I can't find any information in their FAQ or fee schedule that mentions "in network" ATMs.

thanks
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 pm

Just reporting back that I was shut down by Bancorp. After a few conversations I found out that I could take my money out, but not put any new money in (haven't tried doing that to test). I tried to ATM money out but couldn't. However I did do a MO at Walmart for half of the amount and that worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.