Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Momentum visa prepaid debit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by shaky02dd
Looks like you can't. I got the blue card and couldn't get any money moved to the savings account. It kept saying I had an "error" when trying to enroll in savings.

So I called them (using my one free call per month!) and they told me that while the "old" cards have the savings account, these cards don't support the savings account feature yet, but they plan on adding it "eventually" -- I asked if it was because I had the blue card, and she said she understood that neither of the new card varieties had the savings feature.

So now I've got a whole bunch of money on the card and will have to either pull it out by ATM ($2 fee, $1k per day), or I guess money order?

Also, CSR said I'd be charged $2 per VR load, so I agreed to switch to the monthly plan to avoid that, for now. This stinks.
I'm not being charged $2 per VR loads. I have the new blue card and it has a savings account, but it appears to be currently earning 0%.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I'm not being charged $2 per VR loads. I have the new blue card and it has a savings account, but it appears to be currently earning 0%.
So basically it's all over the map then. The CSR definitely said no savings accounts on the cards... also they charged me for the call, but the "email support" function on the website apparently isn't working right now?

I was tempted to just close my account today, but don't want to pay another $10. I guess I could cash advance 1k a day until shut down... is there shutdown risk with these cards?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:35 pm

There is a chat feature on their website which is a joke. I always get "Penny" who knows very little about whats going on. She said it is up to Bancroft to make a decision on a savings account but they continue to advertise it on their website. So silly penny.

So basically it's all over the map then. The CSR definitely said no savings accounts on the cards... also they charged me for the call, but the "email support" function on the website apparently isn't working right now?

I was tempted to just close my account today, but don't want to pay another $10. I guess I could cash advance 1k a day until shut down... is there shutdown risk with these cards?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:10 am

I don't think they were allowing high enough loading for anybody to test the shut down feature until recently. I've been too uninspired to use cash advance to get money out...slowly taking $500 from ATM, but this is not a good long term solution... especially if I want to load 5k+ a month. Really was hoping to buy my time until more data, but this card seems to be hidden gem at the moment.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:32 am

So can we load ten k and cash advance out for two dollar fee? Can we billpay entering manual address for free?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ghygy5675
So can we load ten k and cash advance out for two dollar fee? Can we billpay entering manual address for free?
I don't know if anybody has confirmed the load limit. Don't know if anybody has attempted a cash advance at that level. You can't enter billpay on the new card. Feel free to do all that, and let us know if you get shut down.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I don't think they were allowing high enough loading for anybody to test the shut down feature until recently. I've been too uninspired to use cash advance to get money out...slowly taking $500 from ATM, but this is not a good long term solution... especially if I want to load 5k+ a month. Really was hoping to buy my time until more data, but this card seems to be hidden gem at the moment.
ATM limit is $1000 daily, so I think that means the most you could withdraw would be $980, right?

Cash advance is the same $1000, almost definitely shares the same limit as ATM withdrawal.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:43 pm

My load limits on the old black card seem to have increased today, or some time in the recent. I try to load a $500 VR every now and again after I've hit the $2500 monthly limit, and always get an error, but today it loaded fine, even though it is neither 1 month rolling or calendar since I hit the $2.5k limit, which has been the limit since I first got the card.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by lkar
My load limits on the old black card seem to have increased today, or some time in the recent. I try to load a $500 VR every now and again after I've hit the $2500 monthly limit, and always get an error, but today it loaded fine, even though it is neither 1 month rolling or calendar since I hit the $2.5k limit, which has been the limit since I first got the card.
Just be careful. I think after some total volume Bancorp puts accounts into investigation. My experience with another card on the same platform...

2.5k seems used to extend the card productive live.

Thanks for data.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
ATM limit is $1000 daily, so I think that means the most you could withdraw would be $980, right?

Cash advance is the same $1000, almost definitely shares the same limit as ATM withdrawal.
Incorrect. $1995 CA today, $1 transaction fee. I have blue.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Same here. I have the black card and I usually do my loads the end of the month since this used to be a 30 day rolling load limit. I loaded $1k Wednesday, Thursday, and today. For the hell of it, I tried a third VR today and it worked. So I'm up to $3.5k for this month. I don't want to keep loading more right now since I only use this card for BP and it's a nice alternative to BB, but I wonder how high this thing can go.

UPDATE: I just loaded another $500 VR so I'm up to $4k for this month. Going to do a BP lay off this for a few weeks but will report back what happens in March.

Last edited by Rooks; Feb 28, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:12 am

Is there any way to get this card online? These Money Mart places are not located near me.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by commdiver
Is there any way to get this card online? These Money Mart places are not located near me.
No. Not that I'm aware.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Rooks
Same here. I have the black card and I usually do my loads the end of the month since this used to be a 30 day rolling load limit. I loaded $1k Wednesday, Thursday, and today. For the hell of it, I tried a third VR today and it worked. So I'm up to $3.5k for this month. I don't want to keep loading more right now since I only use this card for BP and it's a nice alternative to BB, but I wonder how high this thing can go.

UPDATE: I just loaded another $500 VR so I'm up to $4k for this month. Going to do a BP lay off this for a few weeks but will report back what happens in March.
Are you using momentum's online BP (Billeo) or something else? I haven't seen any "good" billers in momentum's online BP (I have Green, which I think is Blue).
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
Don't believe so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.