Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Hello, I am new to this method. Could I ask a simple question? Is there any fee to cash advance in banks? Is the best way load your card to 2500 and then do a cash advance of 2498.05? Am I right? Thank you.
Yes and yes. Looks like you answered your own question!

$1.95 fee to be clear.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
Yes and yes. Looks like you answered your own question!

$1.95 fee to be clear.
I know the 1.95 fee. I was just wondering is there any other fee cost by the local bank?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know the 1.95 fee. I was just wondering is there any other fee cost by the local bank?
No, shouldn't be.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
No, shouldn't be.
Thank you for your reply. One more thing, could I apply vanilla reload to the temp MVD without registered online?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thank you for your reply. One more thing, could I apply vanilla reload to the temp MVD without registered online?
That is something I have never tried, but I don't see why not as they are the same number.

I'll let someone else answer you for sure.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
Anybody knows how long I have to wait for TCF bank to release my funds to my card after a voided cash advance? On Sunday, a teller voided my cash advance transaction after my card was approved for $2498 (a receipt could not be printed for me to sign). Now I am out $2498 until the bank release the preauthorization on my card.
I'm not sure what you mean by "wait for TCF bank to release", but I had a similar experience with a CA on MVD card. Bank teller did a cash advance, approved by MVD, bank teller voided it.

As far as MVD is concerned, they have authorized it so they consider the money spoken for.

If you don't do anything, MVD will hold your money for one year, then make it available. If you want it sooner, you will need to have the bank branch write up a letter identifying the transaction number, date, time, and dollar amount, and state that they are releasing any claim to the funds and do not intend to collect on the approval. The bank branch needs to fax this letter into MVD. MVD will tell you it takes about a week for them to process the letter, but after a week they will have completely lost the fax. They can search for a fax based on the fax number that it was sent from, and the date and time, so find that out from your bank, and let MVD know.

This happened to me, and after getting the runaround I faxed a letter demanding the money back within one week or else I would file a complaint with the FDIC. After that, my funds were made available to me again.

Call MVD and get the fax number; if you do this three times they will tell you at least two different fax numbers. After a while, I just faxed everything repeatedly to both fax numbers.

I wish you luck.
Your problem really isn't MVD's fault, but they are the ones who will need to fix it and they will not do so smoothly.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
What bank are you working with?
What do you mean? For the Cash Advances?

Getting Cash Advance at Chase. My father is Chase Private Client and presumably cashing these out (much to his chagrin) with his PC agent. He could just be doing it with a standard teller, haven't really asked him where inside the bank he is CAing them.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pawtim
I'm not sure what you mean by "wait for TCF bank to release", but I had a similar experience with a CA on MVD card. Bank teller did a cash advance, approved by MVD, bank teller voided it.

As far as MVD is concerned, they have authorized it so they consider the money spoken for.

If you don't do anything, MVD will hold your money for one year, then make it available. If you want it sooner, you will need to have the bank branch write up a letter identifying the transaction number, date, time, and dollar amount, and state that they are releasing any claim to the funds and do not intend to collect on the approval. The bank branch needs to fax this letter into MVD. MVD will tell you it takes about a week for them to process the letter, but after a week they will have completely lost the fax. They can search for a fax based on the fax number that it was sent from, and the date and time, so find that out from your bank, and let MVD know.

This happened to me, and after getting the runaround I faxed a letter demanding the money back within one week or else I would file a complaint with the FDIC. After that, my funds were made available to me again.

Call MVD and get the fax number; if you do this three times they will tell you at least two different fax numbers. After a while, I just faxed everything repeatedly to both fax numbers.

I wish you luck.
Your problem really isn't MVD's fault, but they are the ones who will need to fix it and they will not do so smoothly.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pawtim

I wish you luck.
Thanks pawtim for the quick reply. The exact same time happened to me with my cash advance...Bank teller did a cash advance, approved by MVD, bank teller voided it. When I called MVD for the fax number, the rep said that my preauthorization from TCF is scheduled to drop of in 6 days (April 6 2014) at 10:00 am. If TCF does not claim the preauthorization, MVD will put back the funds in my account. So basically, the rep said I do not have to do anything. And if I fax in a merchant release letter, the funds will be put back into my account in about the same time. Pawtim, should I trust what the rep said or just go ahead and try to get TCF to send in a merchant release letter to MVD...Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Thanks pawtim for the quick reply. The exact same time happened to me with my cash advance...Bank teller did a cash advance, approved by MVD, bank teller voided it. When I called MVD for the fax number, the rep said that my preauthorization from TCF is scheduled to drop of in 6 days (April 6 2014) at 10:00 am. If TCF does not claim the preauthorization, MVD will put back the funds in my account. So basically, the rep said I do not have to do anything. And if I fax in a merchant release letter, the funds will be put back into my account in about the same time. Pawtim, should I trust what the rep said or just go ahead and try to get TCF to send in a merchant release letter to MVD...Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:36 pm
Suspended

this is turning out to be one big headache...after my cash advance of $2498 and then the teller voided the transaction...my card has been put in a spend down status. I would not have a problem with the spend down status if not for the fact that MVD has a hold on the $2498...so instead of having a spend down balance of $2500, I have only $2. I been trying to get TCF to send in the merchant request form, but the shift supervisor seems not understand. She is trying to call MVD to release the funds instead of faxing the letter. The MVD rep said the preauthorization hold should drop off on April 6...if not I will FDIC them.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

this is turning out to be one big headache...after my cash advance of $2498 and then the teller voided the transaction...my card has been put in a spend down status. I would not have a problem with the spend down status if not for the fact that MVD has a hold on the $2498...so instead of having a spend down balance of $2500, I have only $2. I been trying to get TCF to send in the merchant request form, but the shift supervisor seems not understand. She is trying to call MVD to release the funds instead of faxing the letter. The MVD rep said the preauthorization hold should drop off on April 6...if not I will FDIC them.
That sounds like a plan. Call in on April 6th and see if the funds have been added. If they have, your account is still in spend down mode, so just go get MO's. I wouldn't do a CA anymore unless you know why the teller voided the transaction??
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:48 pm

I just updated the wiki based upon my experience so others don't have to repeat the questions I asked last week. I'm pretty sure everything I said is accurate for everyone (ie: not just my account). Here it is, for peer review:

Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
I just updated the wiki based upon my experience so others don't have to repeat the questions I asked last week. I'm pretty sure everything I said is accurate for everyone (ie: not just my account). Here it is, for peer review:

^^
So you can for sure liquidate when on spend down mode via multiple payments? I've always wondered this.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

Is it possible to liquidate via another cash advance? I did a cash advance for $1650 today, came home and can no longer log into my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.