Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:03 am
Original Poster

My Vanilla debit

Anyone have experience with this and withdrawing cash?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...om+the+Wing%29
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: All of Them
Walking into a bank with a temp card with no name on it and asking for $499.50 is sketch. Do it at your own risk
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: All of Them
There are better ways to meet min spend
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Richklhs
Walking into a bank with a temp card with no name on it and asking for $499.50 is sketch. Do it at your own risk
This is not something that people should be doing, especially with the risk of a SAR (suspicious activity report) at local banks. I'll pass...

Plus you risk having thousands of dollars tied up in these accounts, if you can't float the funds for a few months you are just asking for trouble.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: All of the Above
I'm assuming that this would also qualify for the $20K/200 transactions rule. Wouldn't you get a 1099 from the bank? That would be a crappy tax bill.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I'm assuming that this would also qualify for the $20K/200 transactions rule. Wouldn't you get a 1099 from the bank? That would be a crappy tax bill.
+1. Maybe the SAR, 1099s, and account closures will be tomorrow's blog post!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
My bank refused to do it since the card didn't have any name. They even kept my ID for 15 minutes and asked all sorts of questions and I'm pretty sure they filed a SAR. I only had 500 on the card and so could cash out via other means, but good luck if you get stuck with a lot of money on the card. There's a per transaction fee of 50c IIRC.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:45 am
xp0

Yeah I think this is one of the things you want to do with a perm. card and with a lot of money on it. If you keep going in and asking for $499.50 or something like that it will seem awfully suspicious and they will keep filling out SARs. Even though you arent doing anything illegal, having a bunch of SAR's is not something you want.

I want to collect miles, not SARs
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Big risk for the return.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:58 am
xp0

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Big risk for the return.
Yeah... There are ways to go about this that are less risky so just make sure you do it correctly. This is one that you want to tread lightly with. I would not say to not do it, just be careful with it.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:59 am

answered

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Jan 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:02 pm

I've not tried it, but I wonder if you were just upfront with them about what you were doing... I assume most tellers would kinda get it and let it happen.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mkarolian
I've not tried it, but I wonder if you were just upfront with them about what you were doing... I assume most tellers would kinda get it and let it happen.
good luck with that one.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mkarolian
You would have to convince more than the teller, in this case the bank manager is usually behind the counter approving certain transactions. As said before, this isn't just visiting an ATM, you are having a face to face with a teller, manager, etc. with an unmarked debit card asking for cash. Let's put 2 + 2 together and realize this isn't the smartest thing to do. There are many other options available that involve much less risk to FTers.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:13 pm

[QUOTE=longhorn11;19954186]You would have to convince more than the teller, in this case the bank manager is usually behind the counter approving certain transactions. As said before, this isn't just visiting an ATM, you are having a face to face with a teller, manager, etc. with an unmarked debit card asking for cash. Let's put 2 + 2 together and realize this isn't the smartest thing to do. There are many other options available that involve much less risk to FTers.[/QUOTE]

Maybe everyone should give it 1 good try. Bahaha!

and well....if you get by with it once, may as well try again. (not).

Just needed a good laugh to start the New Year off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.