Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
For the third time, can someone comment on why you would want to hassle with even getting permanent cards, versus setting a PIN on the store-bought cards, NOT registering them, and then Cash-Advancing them at a bank?

Seems quicker & easier. $500 load. 2 minute call to set the PIN. 3 minutes to cash out $498.

Is there a flaw to this logic, given availability of MVD purchase via CC?
Not everyone (myself included) comfortable with repeatedly CA'ing at a bank. Sure there are other reasons, but this one is mine...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For the third time, can someone comment on why you would want to hassle with even getting permanent cards, versus setting a PIN on the store-bought cards, NOT registering them, and then Cash-Advancing them at a bank?

Seems quicker & easier. $500 load. 2 minute call to set the PIN. 3 minutes to cash out $498.

If you are happy doing it, there is no flaw.

I don't prefer to cash advance so that's not an option for me and $500 each transaction via ATM/MO is a hassle.

Personal preference.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:31 am

For me, scalability. $500 at a time is just too slow.
Each MVD is (was with my main VR source going away) worth at least $5k to me before getting shut down.
That's $15k for 3 cards which can be more easily (for me) liquidated in larger amounts via billpay or other means. Compare that to 30 cash advances at the bank to get to the same amount on a temp card.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:43 am

All of my banks require the cardholders name be on the card.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
I think the VR site was having some issues last night, so try again this morning.

Make sure your account is active by signing into your account as well.
Thanks! This morning it worked just fine.

I realize I'm late to this card (and have never done a MO), but can someone confirm that the way I'm thinking of liquidating this is correct? All I need to do is go to WM/Safeway (have to check if my local Safeway will take debit card for MO) and purchase the MO minus the fees (whatever they will charge for the MO + $0.5 MVD fees)? Does WM charge the fees per $1k MO, so if I do a $2k MO, it will be (whatever amount)*2? And also, can I pay the WM MO fees separately in cash, so that I can liquidate the maximum amount from the MVD?

Apologies if this has been answered specifically in the thread, I couldn't search for it, and I gave up at page 51.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crimsonred
Thanks! This morning it worked just fine.

I realize I'm late to this card (and have never done a MO), but can someone confirm that the way I'm thinking of liquidating this is correct? All I need to do is go to WM/Safeway (have to check if my local Safeway will take debit card for MO) and purchase the MO minus the fees (whatever they will charge for the MO + $0.5 MVD fees)? Does WM charge the fees per $1k MO, so if I do a $2k MO, it will be (whatever amount)*2? And also, can I pay the WM MO fees separately in cash, so that I can liquidate the maximum amount from the MVD?

Apologies if this has been answered specifically in the thread, I couldn't search for it, and I gave up at page 51.
Yup you've got it. Depending on the place depends on if you can pay the MO cost in a different tender or not.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
Yup you've got it. Depending on the place depends on if you can pay the MO cost in a different tender or not.
Thanks again!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:30 pm

I'm also late in My Vanilla Debit card game. I was on my shopping spree to beat CVS deadline. Now I have 15k VRs at disposal. I will follow above strategy. Pardon me for asking this questions directly. Time is running too short to buy “My Vanilla card” using CC.
My questions are:
1. How many “My Vanilla card” one can hold at a given time?
2. Also “My Vanilla card” debit card cover says that balance will only be available after registration. Does this mean we need to register My Vanilla in order to use it for MO transaction?
3. In a day how many VRs can be loaded on “My Vanilla card”?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anagoree
I'm also late in My Vanilla Debit card game. I was on my shopping spree to beat CVS deadline. Now I have 15k VRs at disposal. I will follow above strategy. Pardon me for asking this questions directly. Time is running too short to buy “My Vanilla card” using CC.
My questions are:
1. How many “My Vanilla card” one can hold at a given time?
2. Also “My Vanilla card” debit card cover says that balance will only be available after registration. Does this mean we need to register My Vanilla in order to use it for MO transaction?
3. In a day how many VRs can be loaded on “My Vanilla card”?
1. Supposedly three, but YMMV. Most likely more than less.
2. Yes, you need a pin to get a MO.
3. YMMV. Rules state 2, sometimes more.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:40 pm

Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Jun 3, 2014 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:36 pm

Thanks for your quick response.
I bought two My Vanilla debit cards. I registered them online.
Should I use VRs to load My Vanilla using temp card? or Do i have to wait for permanent card to arrive before start loading VRs?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by silver4300
All of my banks require the cardholders name be on the card.
I live near you and it's never been a problem. The cashier is probably just confused.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:43 am

why pay a fee for the MVD Visa card when you can order online for free?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by metoo
why pay a fee for the MVD Visa card when you can order online for free?
Load $500 at a time w/o registration.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:50 pm

MVD

I used to buy VR from CVS. Since CVS stopped selling VR for cash, not sure how to load into MVD. Is there a place where we can get VR for CC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.