Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: uncommonsensical
“My Vanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Visa card”
https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com

FAQs: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/myvanilla/faq.html
T&C: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...Policy_ENG.pdf
Fees: https://www.myvanilladebitcard.com/m...RhFOmbp3hiKogJ

There isn't a bill pay function with MVD.

How do I load funds onto MVD? There are two primary ways to load funds onto your MyVanilla Card: 1) Direct Deposit (direct deposit all or part of your paycheck, social security, even your tax return refund right onto your MyVanilla Card); 2) At any Vanilla Reload Network retailer; just bring your Card and the amount you want to load onto your Card - Note: This can be either purchasing a Vanilla Reload card or possibly using a retailer with loading function on the cash register such as CVS. $3.95 fee applies to both methods.

CVS Credit Card Load Data Points:
Credit Cards used treated as a purchase:
FIA Fidelity Amex

Credit Cards used treated as a cash advance:
??

What is the load limit? You can load a maximum of $500.00 per day onto your Card, and there is a $2,500.00 total maximum deposit limit per day from all deposit sources (loads and ACH direct deposits). The daily ATM withdrawal limit is $400.00. The daily Cash Advance or "Over the Counter" limit at a bank is reported as $2,500.00/day. Some reports that this is actually / month. Maximum loaded amount on MVD card is $9,999.

If you can find Vanilla Reload cards that you can purchase with a credit card, max out by getting up to 3 registered MyVanilla Debit cards and you can load up to $2500 x 3 per day. And if you have a bank near you that will give you cash advances, you can take the full balance off each card for a $1.95 cent fee.
If you do not have Vanilla Reloads available near you, you want to find a bank that will allow you to cash out temporary cards. These are the ones you buy at CVS for $500 plus $3.95 fee and then cash them out en masse for a 50 cash advance fee apiece.
In Essence
Get new cards, spend some random amount and then get put in shutdown mode to spend off what is left, unless you utilize one old weird trick that prevents shutdown mode.

Liquidating a shut down account as of 3.31.2014
Various reports, and I can also confirm- If you receive the "invalid username or password" message when trying to access your account online, that's the indicator that you have been shut down. Check again for a day or so (just to make sure it wasn't an issue with their website). If still unable to access- you've been shut down.

If you don't want to call and talk to them, you can confirm yourself whether your account is still alive to liquidate by calling 855.686.9513. If you are able to hear your balance, you can liquidate- and you can liquidate quickly without any problem. I liquidated $8,200 over the weekend: 5k Saturday, the remainder Sunday (Walmart BillPay and MO).
Print Wikipost

My Vanilla debit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by makinbutter
huh? anyone actually run into this yet? i could have sworn i would have hit this by now if it did....
yes, it's definitely real
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Call me a geek, but I read through the terms and conditions twice and see nothing about debit limits. The only thing I see is that you can have no more than $9,999 loaded to the card at any time and can load no more than $500 X 5 daily via VR's. Where are the debit limits coming from?
Reality.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:01 pm

rdover1, 3ZeroT, yoyo after your account is reactivated U plan to load / unload more, less or same as before?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Originally Posted by prasha11
rdover1, 3ZeroT, yoyo after your account is reactivated U plan to load / unload more, less or same as before?
I plan to pound it harder than .... damn, I can't think of a funny enough metaphor.

This was my 'last' MVD and I went in planning on being shutdown and wore it hard and put it away wet.
I've already run an extraordinary amount through it in a short period of time. If I truly get locked out and just get my loads back I'm still a lucky MS guy.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:24 am

I am going on 2 weeks now since my account was made inactive. I keep calling and they keep telling me the compliance department will contact me within 72 hours. Still no call and the CSR claims they cannot contact the compliance department. All I did was load funds to the card.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:00 am

From your experience which is better CA a bunch or billpay at WM using the loaded card? Bill Pay should not raise a flag right? CA is the cheapest route by far, but at high enough a number - does it matter?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:52 am

I guess I am going to call in frequently too. It's been more than 3 biz days. still not access. i provided all the docs they asked for, but will call in frequently. I have almost $6k stuck in two cards.From what I read it could take up to 2 weeks to clear this all. I already filed a complaint with CPFB, but no response from them.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by yoyo
FYI CSR kept asking me to fax in 'power of attorney' and I told them it didn't make any sense but they kept trying to explain to me what 'power of attorney' was, and of course it turned out to be "proof of address".
Acronyms, they'll get you every time. At least the CSR wasn't asking you to fax in a copy of the Prisoner of Azkaban: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/poa
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kaw753
I am going on 2 weeks now since my account was made inactive. I keep calling and they keep telling me the compliance department will contact me within 72 hours. Still no call and the CSR claims they cannot contact the compliance department. All I did was load funds to the card.
Originally Posted by RJ5929
I guess I am going to call in frequently too. It's been more than 3 biz days. still not access. i provided all the docs they asked for, but will call in frequently. I have almost $6k stuck in two cards.From what I read it could take up to 2 weeks to clear this all. I already filed a complaint with CPFB, but no response from them.
Originally Posted by rdover1
I plan to pound it harder than .... damn, I can't think of a funny enough metaphor.

This was my 'last' MVD and I went in planning on being shutdown and wore it hard and put it away wet.
I've already run an extraordinary amount through it in a short period of time. If I truly get locked out and just get my loads back I'm still a lucky MS guy.
Based on some opinions here are U begging, pleading, squatting and apologizing for a bad, bad thing U did to access your own hard earned money when U call them?
Sometimes I wonder is 'Manufactured Spending' a hobby or a reward game to pay for a vacation that one cannot afford!
Or has it turned into an addiction, obsession or desperation???

Last edited by prasha11; Nov 21, 2013 at 9:42 am
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:05 am

I had in interesting experience with my card last night, as the clerk ran up a $1,000 MO purchase, but the MO machine stopped working. She couldn't get it going, and told me that I wasn't charged becuase the MO didn't print. I begged to differ with her, as the receipt from the register showed the debit to my account. Accordingly, she then processed a refund. I need to keep an eye on the refund, as it will likely take a day or so to show up. I'll probably be charged the $.50 fee, but that's life.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:18 am

Or has it turned into an addiction, obsession or desperation???
Credit to MarathonMan for answering this question for all of us:
http://mileageupdate.com/vr-gc-roulette/
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:59 am

any one asked to close the account and send the account balance check? How long did that take?
They told me they cannot even do that without verification. CSR got all uppity and asked why I am consistently loading and unloading then preached about how they will shut down because I am "taking advantage of my credit card companies".

Trigger was a CA, btw. Weird how there was no issue with it when I was paying them the fees via ATM withdrawls.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:31 pm

i submitted my docs on Nov 17th. called immediately and verified. and now called back today and had to submit all docs again. they say they did not get thos before. waste of 3 biz days.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Just logged in to a new surprise: "card status: blocked"
For some reason yesterday my password did not work, called in to reset it and was able to log back in. Now today I am blocked.
What sucks is that I loaded $2.5k and then logged in to see if they added correctly... sigh.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
i submitted my docs on Nov 17th. called immediately and verified. and now called back today and had to submit all docs again. they say they did not get thos before. waste of 3 biz days.
I submitted on 4th,6th and 11th fax and email I am told they received nothing. so I told them please close my account and mail me the balance, he said will take 4/6 weeks!(Lies again) I have given up calling. One day I'll call just for fun! if no one calls they have no job security! secretly they call themselves CH (Customer Hassle dept.)

Next time U call, record it for the entertainment purposes. (no one listens for the quality purposes)

Last edited by prasha11; Nov 21, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.